CSI Homework Assignment...

Discussion in 'Forensic Science' started by Guest, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I hope that someone could help me & my teen out with a homework assingment that's due tomorrow. For an Language Arts class, he's chosen to write a paper in regards to CSI. We called our local PD with help with some questions with no return phone calls. If there is someone out there that has some time to answer about 15 questions, this Mother & Son would be very thankful of your time. Any takers out there?

2. churchmouse

churchmouse Witness

I took citizens academy class about three years ago. Toss a few questions out there may be I can help. I can’t make any promises.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Any help is appreciated...here's the list of questions:
    1. What is the best part of the CSI job?
    2. What kind of schooling/degree do you have to take/obtain?
    3. How long was your schooling?
    4. What type of things do you do on a daily basis for your job?
    5. Do the things you see upset you at times?
    6. How long have you done your job?
    7. What's the worst part of your job?
    8. Who have your worked for?
    9. What are your duties?
    10. Could a student who is interested in this field ride with you if they had parental permission?

Weither these apply to you or if you might know some of these answers (from viewing CSI or your own knowledge), we're grateful! Thank you for any help you can provide! :)

4. churchmouse

churchmouse Witness

Okay, first I am not in law enforcement at all, but I’ll try to help.

1. Speaking for the victim. (Grissom said that in one episode.)
    2. I would be guessing some sort of a degree in chemistry, law enforcement. You need a High School diploma.
    3. www.guidetocriminaljusticeschools.com This web site might have more information on the school part of it. Or check your local colleges/ Police academy.
    4. Paperwork, with some field work.
    5. I would guess there would be something that would be very disturbing. Kids getting hurt in crimes would be one of them, but you would have to know that your job is to help them. (I work for a Dr’s office, and after a while after seeing nasty cuts, and other things you just become immune to it.)
    6-10. can’t answer these sorry.

Sorry, I haven’t been much help, but look around do some surfing on the net.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Thank you for your help and we'll look into the website you provided. I'm just frustrated he waited until this evening. He's usually more prepared! Oh well, a parent's job NEVER ends!

Thank you for your help! We appreciate your kindness! Take care!

6. churchmouse

churchmouse Witness

You welcome, hope this stuff may help also.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/csi/handbook/index.php?section=evidence

Okay I got the new CSI book a few weeks ago, and here is what they have listed for what tool they would use.

The Field Kit

Evidence Bags: (Collecting vital pieces of evidence. They are sterile, pouches.)

Labels, for name, place, time, log number and location of evidence at scene.

Latex Gloves

Evidence collection jars: (small pieces of evidence/liquids)

Evidence tape: (To seal evidence bags)

Voice recorder: (For CSI comments or those from a witness)

Warning cards: (to show others items that must not be moved)

Aluminum-based powder & a fine squirrel hair brush are the basic tools when dusting for finger prints.

Gel lifters: (collect prints samples off immoveable objects from fingertips to shoes.)

Flash light

Magnifying glass

Forceps
    That’s just to name a few. Try the web site and see what you come up with. Good luck with your homework. I have to be at work by 7:00 am, I need to be getting to bed.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I would love to help but honestly I am just a fan and won't be of much help

8. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

A CSI just came to my chem clas last week.. darn I wish I oulda taken notes...