CSI has alot in store for all....oh please!

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by m1304m, Sep 25, 2009.

1. m1304m

m1304m Dead on Arrival

"CSI has alot in store for all its characters during the upcoming 10th season"

I am not jumping the gus but I am not that naive to believe them especially after a dreadful Season 9!

Season 9, after the departure of William Petersen, it was pure torturous to watch.

Mendelsohn "CSI stumbled a little bump, Season 9 after the departure of its leading man William Petersen"..."stumbled a little" ARE YOU KIDDING?

It looked more like CSI was flung from a skyscraper NOT only did they loose half of a dynamic cast but when the "Jewel in the Crown" was gone - that was the final blow. They tried to replace it with a zircon. Unfortunately it could not shine as brilliantly as the real one.

It is obvious they are bringing Sara back in the hope of raising the ratings. It may, some how raise the ratings temporary - as fans of CSI, even those who dislike Sara character will watch, as most still enjoy the original cast.

Mendelsohn "CSI will not waste time telling what happened to Grissiom and Sara after they unite in the jungle" - "will not waste time" HOW DARE SHE? This is an insult to die hard fans of Grissiom, whom have been waiting for months to know what Grissiom has been doing since leaving CSI.

"Langston has a wife, we might be meeting her" - Good heavens we already had enough of Langston, now they are bringing in his wife. Maybe they should change the title to CSI Langston and Langston!

On the other hand, it would have been a great pleasure if we had met Grissiom's mother. He mentioned his mother in most seasons. But alas we never got to see her.

"Langston will deal with a serial killer" I am already feeling the bad vibes. It looks like Season 10 is going to be focus on Langston again.

Well, I suppose that since he has been given a new wardrobe - he has to strut is out.

2. GeekLove<3

GeekLove<3 Witness

-Takes deep breath.....and releases- :thumbsup:
    I can't agree more. That was way more than a little "bump" in the road! They tried replacing Grissom with some weird dude we hadn't heard of until this past season! What was wrong with giving Catherine Grissom's position and adding a lab rat to the team? At least that original cast feel would still be there.

I really didn't watch season 9 after Grissom left so I wont say much more on my dislike for Langston. I hate that he'll be front and center instead of the beloved cast we've grown to love over CSI's TEN years.

I could deal with Keppler, I actually liked the guy; (and I knew Griss was coming back not too long from then.) But I can't stand Langston. I miss our geeky Bugman and I want HIM back.

Man I miss the old days where we still had "The Team." I know they can't do anything about bringing Warrick back:)scream:), but at least bring Grissom back. He was the glue for the team and it's just not CSI without him.

3. byline

byline CSI Level One

Much as I miss Griss, sorry, but I just don't see this happening. Petersen gave his all to the better part of nine seasons, got written out in a reasonably honorable way, and I just don't see him coming back as a regular cast member. I love the guy as much as anyone, and in fact, Peterson is the whole reason my husband and I first tuned in to "CSI," but I think we have to face reality that he's not coming back. At least, not on a regular basis.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

What she meant was, it wouldn't be long into the episode before they mentioned what Grissom's been doing. The phrase is just "will not waste time" or "will waste no time". It just means, they'll mention it quickly which we saw in the premiere. Sara mentioned pretty quickly where Grissom was and what he was doing.

I think Grissom's mother passed away some time ago.

5. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

My interpretation of what CM is saying here is that they won't make us wait like 3 episode's before they decide to explain what Grissom and Sara have been doing. Believe me I'm a die hard GSR fan, and I don't feel let down by this statement, or nonetheless, the premiere.

Or she could be saying that they're going to explain what's happened, they're going to make it very very clear, but they aren't going to drown us in it. Like it won't be rubbed in our faces every 2 seconds.

But, after watching the premiere it most likely meant closer to the first.
    Sara came back, and told us exactly what was going on basically. if we can take her word, that is. :shifty:

And yes, Grissom's mother died, by the sounds of it, a while ago. He confirmed this in Double Cross in S/7 when he had rosary beads he said they used to be his mothers.
    used to, being the operative word.

6. .speed.delko.

.speed.delko. Rookie

Yeah, his mother died between seasons 3 and 7. I just watched an episode, with the church thingy, he refers to his mother in the past tense.

7. m1304m

m1304m Dead on Arrival

Thank you Geeklove<3 for sharing my sentiments! I agree with Byline – I don’t see Petersen coming back to CSI as a regular. His die-hard fans mourn for the lost of Grissom. Petersen left CSI at its peak; I don’t visualize him coming back to CSI even as a guest, since the ratings plummeted so much.

In his early days when he first started acting he was opposed to Television, he was offered roles in NYPD Blue, ER and many other TV series but he turned all of them down, as he only wanted to concentrate on the big screen.

The irony was that TV made him a giant and a household name around the world. They should have put CSI to sleep when Petersen left but they were goaded by greed “green lettuce” and brought in an Oscar Nominee but unfortunately it backfired.

We have to be patience, for the next time we see Grissom will be in the CSI Movie!

8. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Judging by the quality of the premiere, I'm glad they didn't put it to sleep. It was awesome.

I'm sorry you feel this way, but the fact is Petersen did leave. Personally, I think I rather have him leave then stick around and be miserable onscreen.

Plus, there are other characters on the show we are eager to see flushed out. While they may not bring in the big ratings Petersen did (although he didn't do it alone mind you, he had help from other talented actors). I'd rather take lower ratings with other storylines flushing out characters who stood in Petersen's shadow for so long.

The character of Grissom has been explored, flushed out and now it's time to move on.

Perhaps you shouldn't bother watching a show that you find so negative, then we wouldn't have to deal with your negative postings. Nobody enjoys a whiner or a complainer.

9. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

The ratings have not plummeted that much. The show has been on 10 years...the ratings never stay high forever on a show that has been on that long. They still do well enough in the ratings for the show to go on.

And I personally am glad Grissom left just because now those of us who had others as favorite characters are actually seeing them more often.

10. CgrGrl

CgrGrl Witness

I'm glad they didn't put the show to sleep as well. I still enjoy the show and look forward to watching it every Thursday night.

One thing that does irritate me is people who don't like the show anymore wanting it cancelled. Why would they want it ruined for the rest of us? There are a lot of people who love the show who would be sad to see it go. If there's a show I don't like, I don't watch, but I sure don't wish cancellation because of the people who do enjoy it.

11. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

Well, I guess it's time for you to quit watching the show if you're so upset that they're showing Langston's wife.

12. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

yeah, i agree that the first post is quite radical, but i don't think it's ok to say "don't like it, don't watch it". there was a lot of anti-GSR people who complained a lot more during season 7 and i think they had a right to express their opinion, just as much as everybody else.

when a show is on for 10 years it's impossible to make everybody happy. TPTB made some controversial and brave decisions over the years. some of them more successful than others but i think they should be respected for their creativity and ability to draw people in for such a long time.

second part of season 9 was one of the worst they had, true, but i think we, as an audience, became a bit spoiled. the show was so good for so many years that we just don't tolerate failure. *shrugs*

13. Coco Chanel

Coco Chanel Rookie

that was really well said, thanks I agree with everything.

I think after so many years of the show being so good, we won't accept anything less, but it's all down to what the writers want. Everybody wants something different and it's impossible to make every single person happy.
    I agree with Adzix saying that TPTB have made some controversial yet brave decisions throughout these 10 years. :)

14. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I disagree. Turn, Turn, Turn was an amazing episode along with Deep Fried and Minty Fresh and If I Had A Hammer.

15. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I also disagree. I really enjoyed a lot of the episodes but "Mascara" in the second half of last season.