'CSI' Extended Promo Available

CSI Files

Captain
This season will change everything.<p>Last month, CSI Files posted a <A class="link" HREF="http://www.csifiles.com/news/280808_01.shtml">transcript</a> of the season nine promo for <I>CSI: Crime Scene Investigation</I>. An extended promo has also been released, and it can be viewed below, followed by a description. (Please note that the description may contain errors.)<p><center><object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U1_cqqxQjDI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U1_cqqxQjDI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object></center><p>The promo contains scenes from the first few episodes of the season. New character Riley Adams (<font color=yellow>Lauren Lee Smith</font>) can be seen, and former CSI Sara Sidle (<font color=yellow>Jorja Fox</font>) is back for the beginning of the season. However, most of the promo concentrates on Warrick Brown (<font color=yellow>Gary Dourdan</font>), who was shot in the season eight finale. Gil Grissom (<font color=yellow>William Petersen</font>) provides a voiceover at the beginning:<p><dl><dt><dd><font color=yellow>As crime scene investigators, we meet people on the worst day of their lives. The phrase we're trained to offer them, 'I'm sorry for your loss,' doesn't offer much.</font></dt></dl><p>The promo describes Warrick's shooting as "The crime no one expected". Jim Brass (<font color=yellow>Paul Guilfoyle</font>) addresses a group of officers, telling them that Warrick is their only case. Nick Stokes (<font color=yellow>George Eads</font>) says that Warrick was right about Lou Gedda (<font color=yellow>John Capodice</font>), and that he is also right about the police department.<p>The promo includes flashbacks of Warrick along with images of the team piecing together what happened: analyzing bullets and searching for evidence on his car. Featured prominently are scenes of Grissom running toward Warrick after the shooting and kneeling on the ground beside him as he bleeds. Sara and Grissom comfort each other in the wake of what has happened, and Grissom tells Brass that the first witness at the scene is the first suspect.<p>Interspersed throughout the promo are clips of the <I>CSI</I> team at work in the lab. There are also fast-paced chase scenes and footage of officers moving quickly through a house. A woman can be seen jumping off of a balcony, and the windows of a bus explode outward as something causes the roof to cave in. The final image in the promo is the same as in the shorter version: a close-up of Warrick's open eye.<p><I>CSI: Crime Scene Investigation</I> will premiere October 9 on CBS. Thanks to <font color=yellow>ricker23a</font> on <A class="link" HREF="http://www.youtube.com/">YouTube</a>.<center></center>

Thanks for uploading this on CSI Files. Anyway, I was wondering if you can identify who this is at 44 seconds:

ForWarrick-cropped02.jpg

Is this Sara or Catherine? Or entirely someone else? It's kind of grainy and I wear glasses. So I wasn't really sure. Anyone can help me out here would be so great.

For a moment there I thought it was Sara who was walking around in her undies. :lol: Blame it on poor eyesight! :lol:

It could be the new one.

from wiki:
CSI Level 3: Riley Adams (Season 9) (Lauren Lee Smith) On May 15, 2008, a press release was issued by CBS confirming that Lauren Lee Smith will join the cast of CSI in the ninth season as Riley Adams, a role expected to fill the void left by the departure the previous season of Sara Sidle. According to the press release, Adams will be a non-conformist who joined law enforcement to rebel against her father who is a psychiatrist.

Yeah, I think it's Riley. It doesn't look like Catherine or Sara to me, and my best guess is that it's her. I think they might show her at 1:12 as well, although it's hard to tell.

She joins in the third episode, I believe, so the promo must have clips from at least three episodes in it.

Thanks for the info dope and Fay. :D I had a feeling it wasn't Sara nor Catherine. But my eyesight is kinda wonky, so I wasn't really sure. :lol: Plus, the footage was grainy. :lol: So from the looks of things, it is Riley.

So I guess not everything from this extended version is from just For Warrick then.

Nope - I'm pretty sure the woman going over the edge of the balcony is from episode 2. So they're definitely mixing in footage from later episodes. :)

From what I can gather, he's still (barely) alive when the season starts, but he dies in the first episode. So any footage of him is just from the premiere, unless we're dealing with flashbacks or it's-Warrick-no-wait-it-just-looks-like-Warrick kind of things.

Yes, that's what they said - but technically, since he's still alive when Grissom finds him (as we see in the promo), he's 'back' and not as a flashback. That's not to say they won't also include flashbacks at some point, though. (I'm curious about how they would do a memorial service or funeral scene - for such a major, beloved character, there has to be something.)

They said the premiere would be the last time all of the original cast would be there together, so since Sara is going to be in another episode or two right off the bat, that sounds like more proof that Warrick will be gone for good after the premiere.

Yes, that's what they said - but technically, since he's still alive when Grissom finds him (as we see in the promo), he's 'back' and not as a flashback. That's not to say they won't also include flashbacks at some point, though. (I'm curious about how they would do a memorial service or funeral scene - for such a major, beloved character, there has to be something.)

They said the premiere would be the last time all of the original cast would be there together, so since Sara is going to be in another episode or two right off the bat, that sounds like more proof that Warrick will be gone for good after the premiere.

Well, I guess it's an end of an era on this show. What with Sara and Warrick gone and Grissom soon to follow next. The Vegas Crime Lab will never be the same without Gris. I think it'll be weird watching the upcoming eps without him around. It will take some time getting used to.

Last edited:
Creepy:censored: I still want to know why Warrick parked down at the end of a dark alley, so subject to theft, and usually it says "NO PARKING" at the end of an alley, strange and not too smart, but then the whole scenerio would be different it, wouldn't it? and WP will stay on as ex. producer and come back for "guest spots" so till then:shifty:this will be one blockbuster episode for sure~

Is anybody else pleasantly surprised that Grissom is the one who finds Warrick (at least from what I saw in the promo)? While Nick would be a logical choice (since he was still in the diner), I think the scene becomes more emotional with Grissom.

Back