CSI End of Season Discussion

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by allmaple, May 23, 2008.

?

Which series had the best season finale?

1. CSI:Crime Scene Ivestigation

29 vote(s)
    93.5%
  2. CSI:Miami

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. CSI:New York

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
  1. allmaple

allmaple Judge

ok, here is the place to discuss and compare the finales and entire seasons from all three shows. on the new board i can only put one question in a poll, so i have gone with 'which series had the best finale?'.

other questions to discuss but i cannot put them in a poll:
    which series had the best season overall?
    which series had the best cliffhanger in the finale?
    which series had the best storylines?
    which series had the best character development?

etc.

go wild and talk about how three shows did this season! :D

2. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

CSI:NY is my favorite of the franchise, but I think Vegas had the best finale. It packed a real emotional punch, which the other two couldn't do with their 'cliffhangers'.

That brings me to cliffhangers--Vegas had the best one, Miami's is a bit meh since I don't have the slightest fear that Horatio will die (although whodunit is a decent question to ponder), and NY's was kind of lame in the sense that we aren't likely to worry about Mac and the questions posed by the ending, while provoking curiosity, aren't as controversial as, say, 'Did Ryan have anything to do with it?'

I can't really comment on which show had the best season overall since NY is the only one I really love and feel invested in.

3. csisue

csisue Hit and Run

Considering I didn't watch NY or Miami I'm not sure how they ended their season. I guess I am a little biased in saying that LV had the best finale. I don't think anyone can top having a lead character getting killed off, with the undersheriff being the one to pull the trigger.
    For best season I can only comment on LV. Between Sara getting kidnapped and found to Grissom and Sara's relationship becoming open to public view, Sara leaving and then finally Warrick getting shot. This season despite it being short was awesome!!

4. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I'd have to say that Vegas had the best finale, but all the shows were a little lame due to them having to stuff the episodes down our throats due to the writer's strike, but I'm not complaining, it was better than nothing at all.

5. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

I agree with Fay, although NY is my fav LV's final definatly had the edge this season.

6. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Well I've not seen the final of NY yet... Although the taxi cab murderer is looking like a great story line- (which was taken for LV i think "the miniture doll killer")

Miami, well i dont even know what season is being shown in England... I know Miami is part of CSI and all that, but I look upon Miami as being a comedy show..

The best cliffhanger (was it a cliff hanger?) was Grave Danger... That was the episode that got me hooked on CSI....

Season seven was not a cliffhanger, especially when I knew that Jorja was leaving in season eight... (kinda puts a downer on it)

I like LV and NY just as much...

Which series has the best story lines... I have to say (sorry LV,) it has to be NY...

Saying that, my best episodes from Lv was, A La Cart, Bull, (and every episode that has Nick and Greg in lol!)

7. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I saw all three finals and by far Vegas was the best. Story line and shock factor. We all know that Horatio will be back next year so why get him shot. NY's is a little on the lame side, in my opinion.

Which show had the best season- CSI

Best character development- I think again CSI and in particular Nick. And no this is not because I'm a Ward Girl :)

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

WELL, CSI/VEGAS of couse, I don't watch the other two, sorry, with Warrick being shot, I was horrified, and shaken to the core, I so didn't expect that, and I love the only 'relationship' that this show offers as well, it's so incredible/sensual and so real:thumbsup:

Best all around season for me S/4-5-7 and "Grave Danger" riveting finale and "Living Doll" best cliffhanger, a real nailbiter, does Sara live or not?
    Story lines same as above!
    Character development GSR, watching this slow but deliberate romance/story continue to the pinnacle, always knowing they'd be together, and the marriage proposal, wonderful!

9. Hankster

Hankster Coroner

Warrick getting his head blown off by the undersheriff made me fall off my chair. I know that Gary was not being recontracted, but like a lot of fans of the show, I was hoping it would be open-ended like it was with Jorja Fox so that they could bring him back. Still, it shows that the crap with Gedda leads up to a MUCH LARGER BIG BOSS than we thought and the Undersheriff is the high-ranking dirty cop---it leaves me anxious to see what they will do in the fall with the show.

On Miami, it *looks like* Ryan's need for money may have led to a betrayal of Horatio, or worse, he's siding with County Director O'Shea and that crooked judge in having H get shot.

NYC's season could have ended with them solving the cab-driver serial killer--the last episode was a bit contrived, if you ask me...

10. ILuvJonathanTogo

ILuvJonathanTogo Coroner

I thought all the finales this season were pretty good. Even though I watch LV the least out of all of them, their finale was the best. What a shocker!(Even though I knew Gary was leaving)

NY had the next best finale, in my opinion. Theres a little cliffhanger, and the twists throughout the episode were interesting.

Even though I love Miami, like the rest of you are saying, theres not much of a cliffhanger. We're all pretty positive Horatio will be back. I guess theres a cliffhanger about Ryan..but still, its a little weak.

In terms of the whole season, I really liked Miami and NY. Miami had a lot of good episodes and plots and the same with NY. NY was more exciting though, and their character interraction is better than Miami's this season in my opinion, so that helps to make it a good show. LV was pretty good aswell, I just dont watch it as often as I watch the other ones so I can only say this based on the episodes I saw.

11. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Just a quick note, guys--this thread is only about the season that just ended (8 for Vegas, 6 for Miami and 4 for NY), not the previous seasons of the show. :)

12. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

which series had the best season overall? CSI: NY
    which series had the best cliffhanger in the finale? CSI
    which series had the best storylines? CSINY
    which series had the best character development? CSINY

While I thought CSI had the best cliffhanger (though in whole the NY finale was the best), I found the CSI season to be a drag. CSI isn't what it used to be and I'm afraid it never will be. It was shocking that Warrick got shot and maybe killed, but every season its a 'CSI in peril' type case, which gets boring and tedious.

CSI: NY had a great season. I think it was a great season for Danny, with dealing with Ruben's death and building on his relationship with Flack. The 333 storyline was great as well as most of the cases. Danny had some great character development this season.

CSI: Miami is just a joke. :lol:

13. allmaple

allmaple Judge

another one who can only comment on vegas...

i thought the finale was well done this year. probably the best since grave danger. that episode really set the bar for me, and they havent been able to top that yet (for me). i did however think some of this years finale dragged on a bit, but the end was worth it. i was completely shocked that the undersheriff shot warrick. i knew he was leaving, but i was expecting the undersheriff to try and blackmail warrick into quitting. i think that is the sign of a good episode, i pretty much knew how things were going to fall into place but the end still shocked me and i actually jumped in my seat when the first bullet was fired.

the finale was a bit of a cliffhanger, even though there is no doubt in my mind that warrick is dead. it will be such a good story (if the continuity fairy decides to visit the writers next year) so i dont want to see a miraculous pull through. sorry warrick! it will be hard to wait to see who will find him and how they are going to catch the undersheriff.

overall for season 8, everything felt a bit rushed. i wish i could have seen what they would have done with 6 more episodes. it was nice to see a characters personal issues carry through the whole year, a little more time to develop warricks problems would have been ideal. for what they did do i thought season 8 was a little more consistent with the quality of episodes. seasons 6 and 7 and some good, some meh, and some not so good. i enjoyed all of season 8 and thought the majority of them were quite well done. hopefully this trend will continue to the future :)

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Best season finale: CSI: LV

Best season overall: LV and NY (tie)

Best cliffhanger in finale: LV - not that it was really a cliffhanger. we already know pretty much that Warrick is dead. He was shot twice at close range. If they were gonna have him live, there wouldn't have been a need for the second shot IMO. Not much of a cliffhanger in NY or Miami. We all know Mac and H are going to be fine. And come on, is there really a chance that Ryan betrayed H? Given the fact that Ryan told H "you went to bat for me and I won't forget that" and the fact that he told Calleigh he had some place to be and couldn't talk about it right then (it was implied that he would discuss it with her at a later date)... I hardly think he's negatively involved in H's "shooting". I think he's helping H fake his death in order to get Ron Saris for attempted murder since H cannot get him any other way and wants to keep him from hurting Kyle. It would have been a better finale if they'd had Ron getting shot and having shown several suspects with guns just before leaving us wondering if H, Julia, Kyle or someone else killed Ron. That would have made much more sense.

Best storylines: Though I hate the "Godfather" type of stuff in any show (which is why I don't watch mob related shows/movies), LV had some pretty decent storylines. Miami's storyline with Julia and Ron was just weak and lame IMO. NY had some decent ones with the Taxi Cab killer and Reed being in peril (that would have been a better season finale if you ask me), but the thing with Danny basically cheating on Lindsey with Ruben's mother kind of ticked me off. It was unnecessary given the fact that she left town a few eps later and Lindsey never found out about the "sleepover". What was the point of it?

Best character development: Not sure that any of the shows really developed any of the characters more. Except maybe Warrick getting in deeper and deeper (in trouble) due to his not handling the whole divorce thing very well. Although on NY I like the way the developed the psuedo father/son relationship between Mac and Reed. Reed's all Mac's got left of Claire and he holds onto that as best he can. I like the way he walked Reed out of the hospital and got into the cab with him and all. Very nicely done. Miami could have learned something from that. They didn't do much with Horatio and Kyle's relationship and Kyle is Horatio's biological son whereas Reed is basically Mac's stepson.

I have to say that the most shocking moment was Warrick being shot. Even though I knew after the diner scene (the way everyone was leaving in slow-motion) that something was going to happen. When Warrick walked to the dark alley to get in the car, I thought the car would explode or that someone would be in the backseat or something. I never saw the undersherrif thing coming. I know some people said they thought he was dirty from the get-go, but honestly I never paid him that much attention to begin with. :lol: I thought he was just someone who had his underwear too tight or something. :lol:

15. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

That night was a particularly hot one and I was too hot , bothered and tired to watch. However, I think that CSI:LV is the best.