CSI DVD collection

Discussion in 'Merchandise' started by cedk, Jan 6, 2008.

1. cedk

cedk Civilian

Hi, I've just bought the CSI ultimate dvd collection of ebay, it includes seasons 1-6, i was just wondering if anyone has bought it previously because I'm starting to worrry if its fake because its imported and people have previously commented on chinease being written on the dvds

P.s I'm from the uk thats why i didnt buy the one of amazon

2. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Well i've never brought a boxself myself from ebay but did you look at the feedback percentage??? If not (and you can remember the persons name)I suppose you should go and check it out! If it's 98+ I wouldn't worry :)

3. aconnell

aconnell Dead on Arrival

Is it one similar to this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CSI-THE-ULTIMATE-C...1QQcmdZViewItem

About a month ago, I bought an NCIS DVD from Australia. It said it could play on Regions 2 and 4, but it didn'tl it only played on my multi-region player, making the DVDs region 4, not Europe (Region 2). Eventually, I sent it back and am waiting for the refund.

cedk: Hope yours turns out OK! What region code is it? Normally, DVDs can only play on one region, if I'm not mistaken. You could try a multi-region one though, there are plenty of websites which give you combinations to put into your DVD player which make it region free.

4. cedk

cedk Civilian

5. jencsimiamigrl

jencsimiamigrl Hit and Run

Just have Seasons one and Two of Miami and the first of the original personally.

6. major_csi_fan

major_csi_fan Witness

if it is the one i think it is i got a season 4 one similar with chinse writing it says it had spanish subtitles but it doesnt and i also got the same with season 5 coz when i use subtitles it doesnt match wat it shud say eg when they ask how r u the subtitles say " have u no matter" so i belive they are bootlegs also sumtimes the lips dnt work in synch but imo part from season they r watchable

7. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

major_csi_fan, it is very difficult to read posts which use netspeak, abbreviations and contain no punctuation. If you could use sentences and possibly read through your posts prior to posting them (instead of quick replying, make sure you preview your posts) that would be much appreciated.

cedk, buying from places such as ebay always carry a certain degree of risk. I normally think that if it's significantly cheaper than you could get it elsewhere, or if you can't find similar items from genuine online retailers then it may not be all it seems. Basically buyer beware, if it's similar to the one you linked to then it certainly suggests it is official release. However, I would still be cautious and probably wouldn't part with my cash, especially as it's region free which I think is rather strange.

8. C_Ronaldo

C_Ronaldo Victim

I dont tend to buy dvds from ebay due to the fact i dont know if i could be getting a copy or oringinal dvd, id rather buy from internet stores ive previously used

9. LCTRgirl

LCTRgirl Civilian

I just got mine 20% discount from work. So thats £11.96 per 1/2 series. Not bad could be better. I guess it'll have to be Play.com next. I haven't heard of the 1-6 series box set only the 1-5. So maybe it is a sort of fake or something just available in Asia.

10. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

^ I've seen the Season 1-6 collection, but it doesn't really seem to be available in the UK at the moment, I think it was released on region 2 at some point though. The box sets always seem like a good idea, but I've already got quite a few of the 1/2 series so for me it would just be essentially purchasing the same episodes again, which would seem rather pointless. Even if it does come in a pretty box. :lol: