CSI Debate Club

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Elayne, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

I've had the idea for this topic for some time. It's meant to be a home for all those "Ginger or Mary Ann" debates that pop up occasionally but don't deserve a topic of their own. However, no ship talk here. We don't want Destiny to have to come in and make us play nice.

I'll throw out two topics to start:

1) Out of all the defense attorneys we've seen over the years, which is the one that would most like to reach over and slowly strangle his/her client?

It's almost a tie, but I say the attorney for the hotel manager in "Compulsion" edges out the attorney for the man in "Swap Meet" who was having an affair with the 15-yr old girl and who only wanted to "explain" how it was all the girl's fault.

2) Which 5-6 episodes would you have sent to Fishburne?

Counting both episodes as one, I'd have sent the Blue Paint Killer episodes; "Killer"; "Fannysmacking"; "Burnout"; and "A Thousand Days Of Life". For the sixth, I waver among "Gumdrops", "Sweet Jane" and "Fallen Idol". In addition to their overall quality, all the episodes I've listed display the entire team working together to solve the crime.

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Sounds fine, play nice and no spoilers please is all we ask. ;)

3. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

Interesting thread. I'm hoping that people can remember the word "debate" and not turn it into a bashfest.

For the attorney, I'd go with Margaret Finn (Raina Press' attorney) in 4x21 Turn of the screws. At the end Raina tells her to "shut up". You can see Margaret's face take on the "you're dead" expression.

As for episodes to Fishburne:
    1. Give him the Pilot, so he can see how where it's all coming from. Add Anonymous & Identity Crisis to continue with the Paul Millander storyline. They show the progress of the CSIs. As Cath & Sara were brought on to the case in Anonymous, and the whole team was added for Identity Crisis.

2. Strip Strangler - To show how office politics can get in the way, and again how the team can work together under stressful circumstances.

3. Lady Heather's Box - gives the added backstory for Catherine (with Eddie & Lindsey), shows that cases don't always get solved, that CSIs can blow up at each other (Cath/Sara) and also shows that things can get personal for Grissom (Lady H).

4. No Humans Involved - shows how screwing around with a great show can do more harm than good (split shifts). Plus, it shows a very gritty case involving abused kids and how it can effect even the toughest cops/CSIs (Brass & Sara).

5. Spark of Life - A great case of how two very different cases can turn into one big one. And an excellent example of how two shift supervisors can work well together. A rarity on this series to see two different shifts (swing & grave) actually working together.

6. and you'd probably need a fairly recent episode, so I'd go with You kill me, to show that a CSI episode can actually involve full-out comedy - and not include much from the main cast of characters, but rely heavily on the supporting cast. It will be kind of like what Fishburne is walking into - a number of main cast members leaving and him coming in as a 'newbie'.

4. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I actually don't pay that much attention to the attorneys but I remember the one you mentioned, kaylyne. She was really close to strangle her client!

About the episodes. Hm, probably the Pilot.
    A Bullet Runs Through It (1+2) because it's a great character study for Brass and Sofia.
    Rashomama, it's shows the funny side of CSI and how good they are at solving crimes with almost no evidence.
    Fannysmackin' because finally Eric got to show that he's a great actor and it showed how close the team is.
    And a Lady Heather episode. She's such a great character and her interaction with Grissom is always worth watching!