CSI/CSI:NY crossover

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by rmiller31, Feb 7, 2013.

1. rmiller31

rmiller31 Victim

Not being an LV person, I almost missed the beginning of this two-night event. Glad I caught it though bcause, however contrived the set-up of Mac and Ted Danson's characters being acquaintances is, the focus on an off-screen Christine and Mac's relationship was nicely handled IMHO and I hope this leads to a little forward progress on that stalled 'ship.

For the LV-uninitiated like me, it was an enjoyable sojourn in the desert and we'll see what happens next on Friday's NY.

Hope no one minds me starting a thread, but I didn't see one yet and wanted to discuss the ep. What did everyone think about "In Vino Veritas"?

2. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I haven't seen this yet, but are Mac & DB really 'old friends'? I don't believe so. Mac & Horatio met for the first time during the first crossover with Miami, then became friends/colleagues. This is probably more wrong info, just like the TV Guide Highlights page for Wednesday saying Mac's daughter :rolleyes: went missing in Las Vegas. Still don't understand how TVG & CSI Files can get that info wrong. :scream:

I'm not really expecting to be blown away by this crossover, due to me still being on the fence on how much I like Mr. Danson on CSI. I thought the crossovers with NY/Miami were awesome, due to the amazing chemistry between Gary Sinise & David Caruso. The triple-play one with Laurence Fishburne had the potential to be good, but crashed and burned once the story was wrapped up during the 3rd part in Vegas.

3. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

^ D.B. and Mac are indeed old friends so far as the story line in this episode goes.

EDIT: Is there not already an "In Vino Veritas" discussion thread?

4. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I don't think so.

And they met at a conference...not sure exactly how close,but Mac did visit DB before heading to find Christine.

5. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

That was not a mistake on our part; it was in the official press release from CBS. It was corrected once CBS updated their information. Obviously, we were aware that it was the girlfriend, but 'official' details are done through CBS' press releases.

6. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

I know it wasn't your fault, vegaslights. It just seems so strange that CBS didn't check their facts before the info was released online, and then TV Guide turns around and posts the same incorrect thing? :guffaw:

So, did Mac & DB interact with anyone else while in Vegas? Any of the New York crew show up in this episode?

7. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Mac had to interact with Finn and... oh god, I forgot his name, I'm thinking Greg. :eek:

Mac saw Hodges who saw him walking around trying to find DB.

I do wonder how her kidnapping had happened? Maybe they stole her phone then kidnapped her and then the fake Christine went to Vegas.

8. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Greg is skinnier than Nick and often has spiky hair. Nick usually has short hair with a buzz cut although it's longer sometimes.

IDK about the kidnapping part. I thought they kidnapped her in Vegas and dragged her back to New York. It looked like it the way the room was, but I guess we'll find out tomorrow.