CSI article in USA Weekend

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by MacsGirlMel, Oct 23, 2006.

1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

If anyone gets USA Weekend in the Sunday paper, there's an article about CSI and L&O in it. About how your fave version can say things about you. I'll ignore the LO since this is the CSI board but...

it says LV fans are the 'voyeurs' analytical, not wanting to get involved but to sit back and watch...and kinda dark and mysterious with a past.

Miami: social butterflies-drama queen or likes drama queens,social, since Miami is more into the social and private lives of the gang, things like interaction and personal feeling and reactions to things. And they like eye candy since Miami is the hot and steamy one.

NY:The sophisticates Sophisticated, serious,fans are more hardcore,street smart and less realistic. NY fans tend to be darker and grittier, feel like the weight of the world is on their shoulders and be more private and closed off.

I'm somewhat like the NY one...the private part...but sometimes I'm still idealistic I think. And I don't know how sophisticated I am lol.

Zuiker says it's rare for fans to say they like two of the three...so I must be an odd one lol. Or that I just haven't started watching Miami yet...been leaning toward wanting to. Anyway it says most people tend to gravitate toward just one of the series.

hmm how about a poll?

2. GrissomFREAK

GrissomFREAK CSI Level Two

HERE is a link to the article, if anyone's interested :)

I love CSI Vegas, and yes, I do have a secret dark side, and I'm definitely attracted to mysterious, with a past types -whether it be on TV or in movies :cool:
    I'm also a Law & Order fan, btw ;), which fits my profile: strong on the outside, with a soft emotional core that is hard to penetrate.

3. Bluntforcetrauma

Bluntforcetrauma Witness

Im not really the type to sit back and watch. i'd like to think i'm mysterious :cool: but im probably not.:lol:

4. catherinerules

catherinerules Prime Suspect

I love to sit back and watch.

5. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I do like to watch and I do have a dark side like Vegas, we have discussed this, but Vegas has a 'dark side' so fans of CSI Vegas fans can relate to that
    but I also started watching NY but I'm not that 'gritty'
    and I don't feel the 'weight of the world' on my shoulders but I like the difference in both of the shows because it represents different cities, police forces,politics,etc...

Law and Order just focuses on the Police work.. so it is slightly different

That's JMO :)

6. Missing

Missing Pathologist

Now I saw this article and I read it. I watch all three shows with Miami being my favorite. I do like to watch the drama and the history of personal lives. But mostly I watch Miami for Horatio. Vegas I like all the characters. But New York I still haven't found "that something". I still watch but it is my least favorite.

7. ilovgeorge

ilovgeorge Rookie

am just an LV fan an i dont think it sounds anythin like me but i'll have to ask someone else

8. grissoms_gurl

grissoms_gurl Coroner

Wow, I'm an LV fan.. and that describes me quite well!

9. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

As I said, I watch all CSI'S. However, personally speaking, I'm a combInation of LV and NY.

10. iluvEricSzmanda

iluvEricSzmanda Coroner

I only watch Vegas mostly, once in a while NY. And the description sounds almost EXACTLY like me! :D An analytical introvert. :)

11. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I only watch NY & Miami, and parts of both descriptions sound like me, but not everything. I think they threw in some extra stuff just to fluff up the descriptions! :lol:

12. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I only watch Vegas, the characters are more down to earth and easier to relate to. I don't like Miami or New York, I keep looking for Tom Hanks to pop up yelling "Lieutenant Dan, you've got legs," Gary Sinse, is one of my least favorite actors, everybody has one.

13. Comte

Comte Police Officer

Haha..Funnaay.....

Yes..I think i've got a bit of three in myself..Wierd,eh... :D

14. AmandaSzmanda

AmandaSzmanda CSI Level Two

I'm an LV and NY fan and that seems to pretty much hit the nail on the head.

15. dancingqueen

dancingqueen Hit and Run

I don't think if I'm anyone of those, altho I definitely am a "2 out of 3" person- I'm completely in love with CSI and CSI:M but for some reason can't even sit thru an entire episode of CSI:NY.