'CSI' Adapts To Changing Times

CSI Files

Captain
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation executive producer Naren Shankar talks about cast changes and keeping the show fresh for ten years. (Spoilers after the jump.) When CSI premiered, there was nothing else like it on television. With the series starting its tenth season tonight, times–and technology–have changed. “The actual technology has changed dramatically in the time this [...]

More...

Another thing that has changed is the CSI cast. “You always hope they’ll stick around forever,” Shankar said. “It’s great when you’re lucky enough to be on a show where you can have that core group of people that everyone gravitated to initially, that sort of magical chemistry that makes a show a hit. I think that television is about family. You’re inviting these people into your house every week so you kind of like when they are all there. All shows that are lucky enough to have long runs have to deal with it.”

Love this quote. One of CSI's high points is having a family feel to it.

Another thing that has changed is the CSI cast. “You always hope they’ll stick around forever,” Shankar said. “It’s great when you’re lucky enough to be on a show where you can have that core group of people that everyone gravitated to initially, that sort of magical chemistry that makes a show a hit. I think that television is about family. You’re inviting these people into your house every week so you kind of like when they are all there. All shows that are lucky enough to have long runs have to deal with it.”

Love this quote. One of CSI's high points is having a family feel to it.

I agree, this is a great quote :)
I'm glad that they decided to continue on the show even after they lost 3 of the main cast, I mean it's not the same, and it's not as good, but they still incorporate everybody into it when they can..

Back