CSI 8th Season Cover Art DVD

Discussion in 'Merchandise' started by peachysquirt21, Jul 15, 2008.

1. peachysquirt21

peachysquirt21 Civilian

Hello, I am a newbie here & looked around & didnt see a thread about this & think this is the right forum to post this. If it is not I am sorry.

Anyway the cover art for the 8th season has been released & I must say I just love this seasons cover. I think it is the best one so far.

Here is the link to see it. Just scroll down. :)

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/CSI-Season-8/10058

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The cover art is just okay. I'd prefer it for the whole cast to be on the cover. This is NOT called "The Grissom Show". It's CSI: Crime Scene Investigation ! And it should have the whole ensemble cast on EVERY season cover. I hate it when shows don't do that. For a show like Buffy, it's okay cause her name is the title of the show, but it shouldn't be this way for CSI!

I'm kind of annoyed that the site left out Eric Szmanda's name in the starring list. They had Liz Vassey's name in his place. WTF! She wasn't on that much this past season! :rolleyes: Poor Eric. Where's the love? :lol:

3. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

I agree. I don't care for it all that much. All of the other DVD releases have featured either the whole team, or Grissom and Catherine on the cover. Same thing with CSI: NY. It's the cast, or the two main stars.

This is a show with an ensemble cast that is very strong. I think they should all be on the front of the DVD package. Anything less is a bit of a slap in the face, IMO.

Plus, what is up with leaving Eric's name out. I like Liz Vassey and her character, but still, Eric's been there since the beginning, and is in the opening credits. He deserves to be mentioned, IMO.

4. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Agree with all of the above. While the cover looks really cool, I think at least Cath should have been on it, too! I was really looking forward to an all cast cover, so TPTB finally would admit that Greg is part of the team. But if not even Eric's name is mentioned ... that's really bad.

5. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I thought I would send this over from the LV forum, so that the discussion on not only the art but the DVD as well. ;)

6. CSISneaky

CSISneaky Police Officer

Hey i agree with everyone as well. It must be kinda annoying for the other actors/actresses when you put so much work into the show and its only Gris representing on the cover.

The cover does look pretty cool this season though :)

7. Shytownmofo

Is there any word on what the special features will be for the DVD's?

I sincerely hope that with the strike shortened season, they do a lot of commentaries and Featurettes. Especially because there's only 17 episodes. There's no pricing details available yet, but I'm sure it'll be upwards of $40-50.00 US, just judging by the prices of the upcoming DVD's of the recent shows.

That, coupled with the prospect of a SAG strike looming, I'll feel ripped off if there's not much good stuff on there.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Eric's name not being mentioned was a fault of the site tvshowsondvd, it was not because of tptb at CSI/CBS. That was a definite flub from the site. And I have half a mind to email them and chew them out for it too!

9. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

The cover is the reason I havent' bought season seven yet because I'll wait till it's reproduced with the whole team on it as what has happened with the others.

William Petersen sure and hell has some pull with this show to have his face and only his face on the cover. Who makes these decisions?

10. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i like it :) i doubt Billy goes to the DVD people and plots against his fellow castmates to take them out of the cover and make him THE ONLY ONE mwahaha :p

imo, it's sort of a thank you from TPTB since S8 is his last full season. also, i don't think anybody from the cast cares much about it or is offended. they are probably on the back *shrugs*

11. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

You're probably right. It's just something I noticed. The US DVDs had always the full cast on the cover whereas the European ones only had Gil and Cath from the start. With S6 Gil and Cath moved to the front and correct me if I'm wrong but I think Cath and Gil were the only ones on the S7 cover.
    I'd just like for once to see all of the cast on the cover, including Greg who should have been on the S6 cover but wasn't!

12. Shytownmofo

I have all 7 of the US releases. Seasons 3 and 7 have Grissom and Catherine on the front cover. All the rest have the entire team, minus Greg and Brass. I totally agree that they should be on the front of the boxes as well.

I'm not sure if it's Petersen's pull, or just the way the covers were designed. However, it being his last full season as a main cast member....yeah. Makes me wonder.

13. CSIvela

CSIvela Hit and Run

I agree. Leaving out the elenco was bad enough, but to diss Eric/Greg like that...totally wrong. They better put him at least on the back of the DVD.

Injusticia.

14. CSIvela

CSIvela Hit and Run

That is possible.

Maybe its a symbolic way of saying "Goodbye, William Petersen."

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

It doesn't matter-it's an ENSEMBLE cast!!! They should all be on it.

I always thought that the title of the show should be on there and the cast on the back..