Crossover episode in UK

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Seren_y_Gogledd, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

For anyone who missed the announcement, next week's CSI on Five is the Without A Trace crossover episode, which of course concludes in a WAT episode. In the US, this made a lot more sense as both shows are on the same network but over here they're not, and apparently Channel 4 refused to bring it forward to coincide with CSI.

Fear not, though, as Five know which side their bread's buttered on! They've got the rights to show that episode of WAT and will show it on fiveUS immediately after CSI.

2. carolyne

carolyne Victim

Great stuff. Was starting to think if WAT would be given to C5

3. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

haha, well done Channel 5 :D That'll serve Channel 4 right! They'd have probably got a good few more viewers if they'd agreed to show the episode the right time themselves.

By the way Seren - love the name, Cymru am Byth! I'm another Welshy ;)

4. WornSouls

WornSouls Witness

I almost missed it! The CSI episode is on channel 5, then straight afterwards the Without A Trace episode is on 5US. I thought they weren't going to show them together and freaked out! Luckily I managed to stick around and listen to the announcer.

5. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

I guess that them showing the follow up episode on five us, was the deal between channel 4 and Channel 5. I was suprised to actuarly hear that, I've got it on now... First time on british tv for me, but not the first time I've seen it.

6. xxmaybe

xxmaybe Hit and Run

That was one of the first episodes of CSI that I have really enjoyed from start to finish for a long time! It was almost like the 'old' Grissom was back! The tension between him and Jack was great, and the pair played so well off one another.

Though it wasn't strange seeing Jack on CSI, it's another story seeing Grissom in New York. I'm watching it now and it's completely bizarre! I'm having trouble seeing Grissom outside the comfort zone of Vegas!

Now what I'd love to see (and I know won't happen) is a cross over with CSI:NY, I'd love to see Grissom and Mac paired up, along with Stella and Catherine. Just to see how they'd play off one another. (and if I were to continue the wish list, I'd also add a CSI:NY/Without A Trace crossover too!)

*fingers crossed* Hopefully we won't see any of the affects of the strike and maybe Five will be good to us! I'm praying we don't see weeks of repeats. Though Five is coming up tops at the moment showing CSI etc. it is also known for showing some rubbish over the years!

Hey! Nice to see more Welshy's around here :D

7. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Yeah it was good seeing Grissom outside of his office, and boy, didn't he look weird? Like lost... almost?
    Good though, seeing HIM, back at his game... Solving crimes with the use of foresnic tools.

8. xxmaybe

xxmaybe Hit and Run

Definitely! It's what makes Grissom!

The scene between him and Jack going back and forth in his office was so good because the pair just batted off the other perfectly!

But boy, Grissom can sure run when it wants to!

I can only hope the rest of the episodes keep up the standard, apart from the season opener the other episodes haven't been as good :(

9. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

I'm not even sure what order the episodes are in, but I've enjoyed most so far I think. Apart from the stupid halloween one, which I thought was just really poor. But I've actually got into this season quicker than I did season 7 (got into that more and more as it went along). So it's a shame the writers strike hampered this season. Hopefully they can do a few more episodes soon!

Nice to meet you xxmaybe :) The Welsh are taking over! Oh yes!

10. xxmaybe

xxmaybe Hit and Run

Woop! We certainly are taking over! Us Welshies need some recognition! Nice to meet you too GameFace! :)

Well after last nights episode, it will be interesting to see what tone the rest of the season takes!

11. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

Only thing I liked about the Halloween one was that Nick got the last line before the credits - it makes a change, not having Grissom (or Catherine when he was off) do it - and we got another Stokes One Liner this week.

Is Ronnie going to become a main character now that Sara has left?

12. xxmaybe

xxmaybe Hit and Run

I wouldn't think Ronnie would become a full time character as she's on the dayshift, though it's not impossible to switch shifts (Sara did it) - I personally wouldn't like to see her come in full time, I don't think she would fit in, though it would be interesting to see her with Catherine. I don't think she'd have much time for her perkiness lol.

I never noticed that, wooo! Go Nicky Boy! It's like having the last line of Eastenders! Just before the dum, dum, da, da, dum! Just far better and a lot less depressing!

This should be turned into a UK fans thread, just like this one on the CSI:NY board.

13. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

Good idea xxmaybe! I'll go and start one off!

14. xxmaybe

xxmaybe Hit and Run

I heart you! Thanks Seren! You're a star! (quite literally lol) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.