Crime Scene Surprise, a D/L fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by pizzapie, Aug 12, 2006.

1. pizzapie

pizzapie Pathologist

Rating: PG
    Set a few months after Surprise for Danny. Definitely not my best work. Yet another story that took over while writing. This is a one shot, do not ask for updates.

Lindsay, Danny, Flack, and Mac had been dispatched to murder scene in an apartment on the Upper East Side. Flack had arrived a few minutes earlier and was questioning the doorman. After being reassured by the uniforms at the scene that it was secure, the three CSIs headed up to the apartment.

“Man this place is a mess. Robbery gone bad?” Danny asked as they walked in.

“I doubt it,” Mac replied. “She would have had to buzz the person in. And anyway, no one is going to go up to the twentieth floor simply to rob someone.”

“Why did they have to have black carpet? It’s going to make it impossible to find any blood trails,” Lindsay complained.

“Well, good, Lindsay, you get to spray luminol all over the floor,” Mac told her, beginning to turn towards the body.

Lindsay groaned and stuck her tongue out at Mac. Danny looked at his wife, shocked. Mac turned back around and said, “I’ll pretend I didn’t see that.”

“Sorry, Mac,” Lindsay said, and quickly pulled out her bottle of luminol.

A few minutes later, Lindsay spoke up, “There’s a footprint trail towards the closet.” Lindsay walked over and opened the door. “There’s a baby in here.”

The baby suddenly started crying, “Lindsay…”

Lindsay interrupted Mac, “Oh, come on, Mac. Don’t tell me you’re going to be sexist and make the woman and mother do all the child care.”

“I should, given the way you’re acting, but apparently not,” Mac said, amused. “Danny, come over here and take care of the baby.”

Just then Flack came in and asked, “What baby?”

“The one we found in the closet,” Lindsay replied. The baby began crying.

“I’ll call Child Welfare,” Flack said opening his phone.

“Danny,” Mac said, pointing to the baby.

“Okay,” Danny said, picking up the baby girl. “It’s okay sweet pea,” he said, bouncing her, trying to get her to stop crying.

Lindsay walked off to the bedroom, taking the luminol with her. Mac frowned at her before turning to Danny and smiling. He’d always known Danny would find love one day, but he never imagined Danny would be such a good father.

A couple of minutes later, Flack got off the phone. “They’re sending a social worker down.” Mac nodded, but Danny was preoccupied with the little baby. “Why won’t she stop crying?”

Danny felt the diaper. “She’s wet. Mac, would you please get a diaper and some wipes out of the closet? I can’t reach that high with her.”

“Sure,” Mac replied, getting the diapers and wipes, along with some baby powder. “Here.”

“I’ll take her out to the hall to change her so we don’t mess up anymore in here.” Mac nodded and Flack followed him out.
    ---
    Mac walked to the bedroom where Lindsay was. “Anything in here, Lindsay?”

“Not yet,” she replied. “I think they were in here. It’s a complete mess, but no blood.”

“Okay, Lindsay. What just happened in there? Why did you walk off?”

“Shouldn’t you be processing something rather than questioning me?”

Mac was taken aback. “I believe I know how to do my job. What’s wrong Lindsay?”

Lindsay ignored Mac and went back to spraying the floor.

“Detective Monroe,” Mac said crossly. “I’m this close to putting you on desk duty, so either start talking, or I will.” He was worried about her, and he had a feeling it might have to do with the reason he’d noticed Danny was worrying.

“Mac…” He just stared back at her. “Do you know why we could both be on call tonight?” she started looking off to the side.

“Just that Dakota’s with Danny’s grandmother for the week.”

“Do you know why he’s there?” Mac remained silent as Lindsay crossed her arms. “Mac, I’m going through post partum depression again. And last week, on my day off, umm, Danny came home and I had started shaking him. I’m scared. I was scared in there. That I’d do the same thing.” Lindsay brought her hands to her face to wipe away tears.

“Oh, Lindsay, why didn’t you tell me? Why didn’t Danny tell me?”

“It was none of your business, Mac.”

“Monroe, it could affect you on the job. That makes it my business.”

“I begged Danny not to tell you.”

“Well, he should have known better. You should have, too. But for now, you two are going home.”

“Mac, I’m fine.”

“Lindsay, a, stop lying, and b, stop arguing. It’s an order, and not open to debate. And you’re going to see one of the counselors this week.” Lindsay nodded. “Go ahead your kits, and you guys can go home.”
    ---
    “Hey, Flack, put down some of the tarp,” Danny said. “We want to make sure we don’t accidentally lose any possible trace.”

After Flack had laid down the tarp, Danny laid the baby on top of it and began to change the diaper. “You have to change it with gloves, Messer? At least this one’s a girl, huh? No surprises this time.”

“Won’t that ever grow old, Flack? And yeah, I need to wear gloves, there may some possible trace.” Danny quickly finished and asked for an evidence bag, into which he dropped the diaper.

“You’re going to make me hold this?”

“I told you I’d get you back some time,” Danny replied.

“Get him back..” Mac trailed off seeing the diaper in an evidence bag in Flack’s hands. “Oh,” he continued, laughing.

“Nice to know everyone’s having fun at my expense.”

Lindsay had just walked up, “Don, why do you have a diaper in an evidence bag in your hands?”

“It’s Messer’s version of revenge.”

Danny asked, “Montana, are you okay?” reaching his arm around her. He looked at Mac, questioningly. “Do you know?”

Mac nodded. “You two are going home for the night.”

“What about the crime scene?” Danny protested.

“I’ll call in Stella and Hawkes,” Mac replied. “Lindsay, go take care of yourself right now.” She nodded. “And Danny,” he said, motioning down the hall. Once they had stepped back a bit, Mac continued, “Take care of her, all right. I understand why you didn’t tell me, but she’s about to lose it.”

“I will. Thanks, Mac.” They walked back down the hall.

Addressing Danny and Lindsay, he said, “I’ll see the two of you tomorrow.”

They nodded. “Thanks, Mac,” Lindsay replied, sounding apologetic. She knew she’d gone over the line that night.

“It’s okay,” Mac replied, reaching out to squeeze her shoulder before they left.
    ---
    “Am I ever going to be okay?” Lindsay asked, on their way home.

“Eventually,” Danny replied. “But it’s going to take awhile. And you’re going to have to open up and let things out, you know, you’re feelings and fears, for it to happen.”

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I enjoyed both fics...can we have a sequel? Please *big pleading eyes*

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I love both Fics...welldone pizzapie :)

4. CHILI_PEPPERS

CHILI_PEPPERS Pathologist

Oh wow! that was just briliant! i loved both stories well done!

5. Miss_Undercover

Miss_Undercover Judge

Your story is really first cream, pizzapie !!

So condemned good ! :) I love your work very much ! ;)

And both fanfics of you are very great !!!!

6. Islandgirl

Islandgirl Police Officer

This is very well-written. However, just speaking personally, I'd prefer things be a little happier in your fanfic world. I hope Lindsay gets over her depression soon!