CougarTown- new ABC comedy

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by GregNickRyanFan, Sep 25, 2009.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Anyone watch Cougar Town last night? I liked it. I thought it was pretty funny (much funnier than the show on before it which disappointed me). I loved the part where she flashed the kid and made him crash his bike. :lol: And the junior high kid stealing those posters. :lol: And how she and the other girl went to talk to him. :lol:

I have feeling though that in the end (if the show lasts long enough), she'll end up with the neighbor. There were some serious sparks there. :lol:

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I seriously laughed my ass off through almost the entire episode. When the father rolls up to the son on the lawn mower, rockin the oldies, and says, "Hey little man" I thought I was going to wet myself. :guffaw: The humiliation was tangible!

I seriously hope this show doesn't get overlooked because of the time it airs; if it continues to be that hilarious, I'll definitely tune in every week! :)

3. GregNickRyanFan

I couldn't believe the dad called his kid "little man". That should have ended when the kid went into junior high school if not earlier. :lol:

4. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

This was one of the funniest shows I have seen in a long time. I laughed like crazy. Can't wait for the next eppy.

5. MyMutantRomance

MyMutantRomance Witness

Dude it was awesome and soo funny. "why can't you just say goodbye like a normal mom." Courtney cox was great, it's nice to see her in a comedy role. I miss Friends :(

6. BabaOReilly

OK, watched the second episode last night and once again, both my roomie and I were wiping the tears from our eyes as we laughed through the photo montage of the girls night out. I honestly have not laughed that hard at a TV show, probably since... I don't know, maybe Arrested Development? And even then, I rarely laughed until tears ran down my face.

Seriously, everyone on this show is hilarious. This show better not get cancelled or I will be sorely cheesed off.

7. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

Bill Lawrence is a genius. This show is much funnier than any new comedy this season.

8. BabaOReilly

You know, last night's episode was not as funny as the previous episodes, and yet still that show is hilarious. I think I've decided the ex-husband makes me laugh the hardest every time. When the son threw that thing and hit his dad in the bag, I almost wet myself. :lol:

9. GregNickRyanFan

Haven't watched this week's ep yet, but will probably later today.

But last week (I think it was last week), the scene where the neighbor kept walking out of his house yelling "Oh. My. God." was hysterical. :lol:

10. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

*pats dusty thread*

Is anyone watching this? I just got into it, and I must say, it's PERFECT. I love all the characters. (This has never happened to me before, lol). The show is really funny and soooo random. I really like the somewhat serious endings. I'm at episode 15 and I can't wait to see what happens with Jules and Grayson, because I read some promising spoilers about them (which are not even spoilers anymore because those episodes had aired). *runs off to watch CT* :D

11. BabaOReilly

My friend and I watch this weekly together and most weeks we have tears of laughter running down our faces at some point. I swear, I think I almost find the guys funnier than the gals most of the time. This show is a hysterical gem and I'm totally relieved it is coming back next season. With Modern Family preceding it, there's a whole hour of brilliant comedy on TV for a change! :D

12. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

I love this show:) at first when i saw the adverts i though it would be rubbish but then i happened to catch an episode and it is hilarious!!

13. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

I LOVE this show. It is so hilarious I have not laughed this much during a tv show in a long time. Yes I think the guys are funnier as well!!

14. BabaOReilly

Apparently, they're thinking about renaming the show since Cougartown no longer really describes what it's about... I'll be interested to see if that pans out.

15. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

^^ Well now who decided to write the show that way that title doesn't work out anymore.

Yes I admit, I watch it. :D I like the randomness.

I thought they'll end it because they've written it that way but I guess not. Yay!