Corinne Marrinan

CSI Files

Captain
Associate Producer <font color=yellow>Corinne Marrinan</font> has been with CSI: Crime Scene Investigation from the very beginning and has seen the show grow from an underdog to a ratings powerhouse. She's captured the on screen journey in her new book, Ultimate CSI, which chronicles the show's best known episodes, details the science and technology used by the CSIs to solve homicides and delves into the characters' personal lives and back stories. Marrinan sat down with CSI Files' <font color=yellow>Kristine Huntley</font> to discuss the book and her experiences working for television's most popular franchise.

CSI Files: Ultimate CSI covers all six seasons of CSI. What did you feel were the most important things to include when you were writing it?

Corinne Marrinan: If there was one thing I wanted for this book to do, it would be for a serious fan to be able to pick it up and feel that they were getting an authentic CSI experience. We've got very savvy viewers out there. They love the details in the show, so I wanted to give them some up close and personal detail in this book. Luckily, after six seasons, we have plenty of exciting stories, as well as visual content, to choose from. It was difficult to narrow them down to 140 pages!

CSI Files: What sections did you have the most fun working on?

Marrinan: I love revisiting the character history. I worked with the writers to fill in the gaps here and there. Every season, we learn something new about what makes these characters tick. Sara Sidle, for instance, has been given a good deal of back story and it makes us understand her motivations better. She becomes a well-rounded personality to us.

I also love diving into the old props and finding little pieces of ephemera from various episodes. It's a dusty process and it makes me sneeze, but it's a lot of fun. Like a treasure hunt.

And I can't wait to see the book printed in different languages. I'll get a kick out of that.

CSI Files: What information in the book do you think will be particularly appealing to fans?

Marrinan: The feedback I have gotten is that people are hungry to know more about these characters, so I think the profiles are most appealing to fans. Also, the sheer volume of show photos and graphics included in the book make people say, "Oh, I remember that moment!" Even people here at the office do that. <font color=yellow>George Eads</font> (Nick Stokes) was very sweet--he loves it and said it feels like a yearbook for the cast.CSI Files: Did you learn anything new when you were writing the book?

<HR ALIGN="CENTER" SIZE="1" WIDTH="45%" COLOR="#007BB5">

To read the full interviews, please click here.<center></center>

Wow! That was soo interesting to read. I wish I lived in the USA so that I could get all of the awesome merchandize that she is talking about......

Hope that Bily Petersen doesn't leave at the end of Season 7.

I agree with the fact that we are all nerds at heart. It rocks being a nerd!

Kate.

The merchandise for the CSI shows really is impressive! I think some of those DVD features sound especially good. Hopefully they'll show up overseas, too. :cool:

My fingers are crossed that Billy sticks around as well.

And yes, nerds are cool. :cool:

Back