Continuity Issues? *Some Spoilers*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Wyoming, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

I have no idea where to post this...I almost posted it in the spoiler lab, but it didn't seem fit ...so if there is a thread similar to this........I couldn't find it lol. Anyway, now to make my case...

I'm having some continuity issues. I was hoping that they would be resolved in the next few episodes, but I have heard nothing about it. What ever happened to Tina? Are her and Warrick still together? Are they fighting? Are they happy as ever? Is there anything else you guys can think about that would constitute as bad continuity on the writer's part? How many of you would like to see Nick freak out over a bug again? That would be some AWESOME continuity! Also, I want some reaction from Cath about her father. She didn't seem to get too emotional, or detatched from anything. And now that Keppler is in dead, I'm not so sure that we're going to get any. I really wish the writers would think of these things though...continuity rocks, and when they remember it, they're really good at it!

Again, if this could have been posted somewhere else, my apologies :p

2. S_Bright

S_Bright Police Officer

Continuity is the weak link of this show. Some of the character do have some continuity, like Cath and her father-issues and problems with her off-spring. Gil had his hearing problem for an entire season, and now he has shi romance. Greggo's even got contiuity with the civil suit that is mentioned rather frequently.

Sara does have some, but very little contuity with her troubled youth.

The big losers are Nick and Warrick. If they get a story-line (Varrick really seems to be out cold in that departmeent now) they are for one episode and never mentioned again. Ok, so Tina was maybe mentioned in 2.

And just as predicted...Nick pissed off at Cath? No that never happened :rolleyes:

I'd say that over-all continuity would have been a better way to increase the Nielsen ratings than romance.But that's just my humble opinion.

3. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

^Totally agree with you there. It is CSI's weakest and I'd say its potential downfall.

Nobody gets buried alive and not suffer mentally as a result. It's out of the range of human tragedies.

And

4. SparkyGirl

SparkyGirl CSI Level One

Oh...yeah! Continuity? What continuity?

This has been my biggest pet peeve ever!

Grave Danger: For being buried alive, munched on by ants, Nick seems to have recovered quite nicely. No nightmares, no trips to the quack. Only a little bit of being afraid of a bug crawling up his arm and going underground. Who is the doc that treated him because I could use him! Dang! No lasting effects even when confronted with Lime jello and ants.

Warrick: So...Tina is a figment of our imagination? Is he still married to her? Did they resolve their problems? Why all the sudden is Warrick saying he doesn't gamble any more?
    How is Warrick dealing with Nick being buried alive? Or is he dealing with it?

Greg: Okay...Greg was beaten within an inch of his life. Tell me Greg isn't having nightmares of the incident? Tell me Greg isn't afraid. Tell me Greg went to the same quack as Nick did. Another life altering experience and it is like it never happened. Not to mention the Civil suit. With that looming over Greg wouldn't he be a little angry, sad, scared? Wouldn't it be something that would be on his mind 24/7?

I've read some fanfiction that delt with some and other issues that the TPTB seem to have forgotten. The writers should take a look at some of the wonderfully written stories dealing with the characters and the dealing of life altering events.

*getting down off of soap box*

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

He's going to say he's almost divorced in a upcoming ep...I think just some paperwork left or something.

6. eszmanda_luver

eszmanda_luver CSI Level One

Ok well.. it looks like Greg's thing could end in episode 7x19. Go read page 22 I think. It was newly posted stuff soo..

7. McStokes

McStokes Pathologist

Conti- what? I'm sorry, that word does not compute! :D Look, I realize there is no way they could make sure to dot every i and cross every darn t in the storylines, otherwise some stories just would never end (hm, maybe not a bad thing after all?!)...but they REALLY need to at least touch on some of the big things.

About the only continuity I've ever seen is that in every damn episode it seems to be Lyndsay Willows' birthday...AGAIN!!!
    :lol:

8. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

Add Brass to the list. He got shot and nearly died at the end of S6. He got a little attention in the season opener, a passing reference in "Toe Tags" and then nothing.

So let's recap: we have ticked off Nick fans for the lack of "Grave Danger" continuity, ticked off Brass fans for the lack of getting shot and nearly dying continuity, ticked off Warrick fans at his lack of screen time and that scam of a marriage. Sure Greg fans are getting some continuity but so far, TPTB have handled that like they handled Brass shooting the cop last season. I'm betting by next season(or the end of this one), they'll join the rest of us in our bitterness.

9. SparkyGirl

SparkyGirl CSI Level One

:lol: :lol: McStokes you are so cracking me up!
    Guess CSI's don't have birthdays! Christmas. Halloween. Easter. New Years......

Yeah...Brass got a short end also. Even though he is a veteran on the police force, I'm sure he doesn't escape the fear, anger and uncertainty just like the others.

If I looked up 'continuity' would I find a picture or a blank space? Hey...who's birthday is it?! :lol:

10. csilovegrissom

csilovegrissom Hit and Run

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but the guy who shoots Brass in Bang Bang appeared in another episode as a totally different Character. He was Stanley Hunter in CAged (the boss in the library) also. Did they think noone would notice?

11. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I mostly get annoyed by the lack of agreement between the onscreen stories and the character bios at the CBS site.

12. SparkyGirl

SparkyGirl CSI Level One

Ah.....excellent skills MacsGirlMel!

That only adds to the confusion of how difficult it is to have continuity. Sounds like TPTB needs some excellent historians to keep things on the up and up!

13. MMForbiddenDonut

MMForbiddenDonut Witness

I would have liked to see some continuity at the end of the season 4 episode of "Homebodies". They just ended the episode and that was it.

14. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Last week on the CBS show "Criminal Minds" one of the main characters, the young analyst named Reid, was kidnapped by a crazy man with multiple personalities. When the madman took on the personality of his insane father, he would torture Reid, but when the madman took on the personality of himself as the son, he would inject Reid with Demerol, a highly addictive painkiller, to try to help Reid cope with the pain of the impending torture. He injected Reid several times in the show before Reid was rescued.

Just one week later in tonight's episode, when Reid was in a meeting and looking at crime scene photos of some murdered young women, he started to have flashbacks of his own capture and torture. I think that it may continue throughout the rest of the season because as a victim, he had a taste of the Demerol, and might be considering using drugs to escape his flashbacks.

My whole point in telling this is this: Why can't the CSI writers take a cue from the Criminal Minds writers and apply some continuity to any of our favorite CSI characters who have undergone horrific experiences? I personally would like to see it with Greg or Nick, but it could be Brass too. We've been seriously shortchanged by the hack CSI writers. I'm one of those people who thought four episodes were totally wasted on a guy named Keppler. I didn't give a rat's a** for him, and those four episodes could have been used to further along some missing angst in our CSI guys.

Make sense?