Constant: a Danny/Lindsay oneshot

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by kissmesweet, Jan 3, 2007.

1. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

I hope you guys will like this story. Somehow my other 25 Things A Perfect Guy Would Do-- fanfic thread got deleted. :( Ah well. Can't be bothered to put it back on. So instead, I'm posting this here. :)

He was the one person that’s been there for her all along, always encouraging her, but letting her do things in her own time. Always being there for her; always holding her and keeping her warm.

In Lindsay’s life, there were people who have come and gone. They didn’t stay, they never stayed, except for Danny. He was the only one who was always there. He was the constant thing in her life.

She could never talk to her mother very much, it had become pretty hard ever since she has left for the city. The conversations were standard and simple. It consisted of a simple “how are you?” and an “I’m fine, thank you.” They have never had that very strong bond, even when she was growing up.

She was closer to her father, but when she left, he has never really forgiven her since. But at the end of every phone call with her mom, Lindsay’s say “tell daddy I love him”. She promised herself that one day she would fix everything between them and her old friends, who weren’t very supportive of a country girl moving to the big city.

So who did she have? The team, of course. Mac, who had been quite the father figure to her lately. He knew bits and pieces of her past, but wasn’t completely aware of everything. There was also Stella. She was very close to Lindsay. They were great friends. So was Flack, Hawkes and Jane, but she has long come to conclusion that Danny knew her the best.

He was so unpredictable and passionate. So sweet and romantic. So adorable(!) and nice. So caring and cute. So gorgeous and—God, she was go on forever, listing off his qualities.

He knew her, inside out. Maybe a little too well… He knew what she was thinking of before she even said it! He knew what she’d want for lunch, a sandwich or soup or whatever—he just seemed to know. He couldn’t think straight when she was around. He seemed to have changed too.

He was no longer such a jerk. He no longer wanted to do whatever it took to get her to quit. He no longer was a flirt, except to her. He no longer fooled around. He had grown.

She wasn’t one to complain. He was always so sweet and caring to her. He opened the door for her; he’d call “just to talk”. Yeah, right.

But more importantly, when she was hurt or sad, he’d be there. No questions asked; just providing her a shoulder to cry on. Just words; however simple they were—worked like a charm. Just words, like “Don’t worry, I’m here for you.” Or “I’m sorry.” Hell, it wasn’t even the words that comforted her, it was him.

It was crazy of her to give him the most used, cliché speech in the world and have him tell her to call him if she needed anything. She had told him that she needed time alone; to work things out—it was true, alright—but vague. She knew he deserved more details.

He deserved more.

Yet, he was waiting for her. Waiting for her to come around and love him. Really love him. A person like that whose been hurt, lied to and broken. He was still waiting for her, waiting to love him.

His words. “A few drinks… Spending sometime together” immediately translated into “Love me, marry me.” She could see it through his sea blue eyes. She could tell that he wanted all of her, to love, to hold, to hug, to caress, to kiss, to adore, to care for, to share an apartment and to one day—make a lasting vow with.

She felt the same way. Funny how faith turns out.

Funny how love is too. It comes and taps you on your shoulder ever so lightly and takes over you. It drives you crazy, yet makes you feel so right. It makes you feel alive for the first time in your life.

What they had was more than passion; more than lust. It was what everyone wanted; everyone craved for. It was what some people never got in their entire life and luckily, they found.

It was true love.

His head was hurting and her lips were dry, but she didn’t care. She was gonna tell him.

“Hey,” She said softly. She loved the way he seemed to look at her, as if she was the most precious thing in the world and as if she meant the world to him.

“ Montana,” He looked up from his desk in their shared lab. His glasses had fallen onto the tip of his nose, making him look like a very cute geek. As if he needed anything to accentuate his cuteness.

“You’re my constant.”

2. Bullet_Girl

Bullet_Girl Coroner

wow!

I love it! :D you do a brilliant job....I used to be DnA, but when lindsay came onto the show, I've seen alot of fics about her, and yours is one of the best :D If you'd ever like to co-write a fic together, I'd be glad to do it with you. If you're interested, I'll PM you my MSN addy so we can do it there :)

3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

*hugs them* *hugs you*

4. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

that was great

write some more please :)

5. mercy

mercy Lab Technician

Awesome, loved it!

6. CarmineFan

CarmineFan Lab Technician

Very good! Never read a better one here.
    Please write more of it! :)

7. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

Kissme, terrific job! Hope you write some more. Just great.

8. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

Oh my God! Thanks CarmineFan. You don't know how much that means to me and thanks for everyone elses' comments. :) You guys are fantastic.

I'll most definitely continue this if I find a good one-shot plot.

9. tigger_willows

tigger_willows Prime Suspect

Very cute kissmesweet. Hopefully a sequel, or something very similar. Keep up the good work.

Laters, tigger_willows xoxo