:: Concert for Diana ::

June_85

Lab Technician
Has anyone been watching it? I didn't think it would be much cop, but I've been lovin' it

I've been getting a tad excited about the guest presenters, Ryan Seacrest most of all. I had nooooo idea he was going to be there :D

Looking forward to Take That and the Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Coat stint with the 3 Josephs, Donny Osmond, Jason Donavan and Lee Mead :D

I have to say I have been whelling up at all the tributes to Diana, I must say if Elton John finishes with 'Candle In The Wind' I'll be tripping on my own tears :(

Oh I just saw my highlight...Josh Groban with Sarah Brightman. Amazing and beautiful. Ahhh...I am at peace now. :lol:

Mine was the 3 Josephs - I got a little too excited :lol:

What is goin on with David Beckhams beard? :p

Hmm, it was on a while ago, but in here they were mixing the real concert with their self "about Diana" little show, with interviews and things about her. Anyway, I saw Nelly Furtado and Joss Stone, and the prince standing and dancing or whatsoever that was :p

How long is the concert going to be? (or was, I have no idea if it has ended up by now, but in here they stopped showing it and the news took its place)

It's not on here till tonight at 8 it's only 2:30, but I'll be watching, and love Sir Elton, one of her favs. so sad, I'll never forget that day :( and it's her 46th B-day! Gawd, I wished she was still here! and thank's for honoring her, by posting this~~

I've been watching it on and off all day and really enjoyed it! The highlights for me were seeing Kiefer Sutherland, the 3 Josephs and Take That. Those boys have definitely still got it! I'm so glad they reformed. :D

It was a glowing tribute to Diana, and William and Harry did a fantastic job. :)

CSI_Dani, the whole concert was about 6 hours long.

I loved it when Lily Allen performed. Actually I like all of the artists that perfomed even the ones that I didn't know.

I loved Take That :D Bless little Markie, he was trying his hardest for 'Shine'

I wished they'd have sung Never Forget or Pray though :p I'm sick of bloody Patience :rolleyes:

Loved Elton at the end, kinda glad he never sang CITW it would probably have been too much for me :lol: I love Tiny Dancer though, one of my fave Elton songs :D

Ricky Gervais got a little over his head trying to fill at the end, he wasn't impressed was he? :lol: I liked his 'Freelove Freeway' with Gareth though that was funny.

I wasn't impressed with Joss Stone. If it wasn't for the intro of the song being so familiar I wouldn't have known she was doing a version of 'Under Pressure' :rolleyes:

Tom Jones trying to be 'cool' doing 'I bet you look good on the dancefloor' and murdering it :eek: and calling Joss Stone 'Josh Stone' :lol:

I didn't get Patsy Kensit or Cat Deeley :rolleyes:

the Supertramp man was away with the fairies in the forrest :lol:

Rod Stewart was fantastic, he knows how to get the crowd going. I was :lol:-ing at the Princes swaying to 'Sailing' :p

All in all I enjoyed it emensley despite a few dodgy moments.

Live Earth next week..... :p

They only showed the highlights here, an hour long, ELTON fantastic, I've seen him in person, and no matter how old or overweight he gets he's an electryfing performer :eek:We were up and rocking out at the end with "SATURDAY" the long version :D.. overwhelming, I felt Diana was there! and Tom Jones, one to many face-lifts, he's like 65, and does have a powerful voice :eek: and still fill the Vegas showrooms, and Rod, what can one say? he's fantastic I was pleased to see Duran-Duran, my gawd Simon still look's the same, although the rest kinda of show their age, and 'RIO' classic, and Fergie, she's so exotic looking and so thin, and what a voice.. and I loved seeing the Princes, soo sweet! very happy up-beat mood, and I enjoyed all of it well almost all, so now's it's DIDDY :rolleyes: no comment on him!

that was an awesome concert! i loved the musicals tribute, the ballet, all the artists except Kanye West. i thought he didn't fit with the rest of the concert. i also loved P.Diddy's performance, i thought that song "Missing You" was sweet.

I mentioned to my mum that I thought someone should sing the Elvis Costello version of 'She' or for it to be played at the end, coz I was listening to it a couple of days before the concert and the lyrics reminded me of Diana, and they did play some of it with the slideshow near the end!

I loved the whole concert and I think it was a good way to remember her!

I saw an interview with Joss Stone, and she said that she wasn't gonna do any of her new stuff she has coming out like now because it wasn't about promoting her songs but a tribute for Diana. I thought that it was a really right thing for her to do, and others like Nelly Furtado didn't perform their new stuff either, which I think was good of them! :)

And, I MISSED TAKE THAT! I'm soo annoyed coz they were the ones I wanted to see more than some of the others! I only got to see a little bit from the highlights! :(

GOSH I'm mad I missed this :mad:
I thought, for some reason, it was going to be on later in the summer. :confused:

Sounds like a great concert and you can't have a tribute to Diana without Elton John

it was an amazining concert. i watched and taped the whole thing

my favourites was P diddy

the only downside for me was i wanted Elton John to sing candle in the wind but i just download it so i am happy

mugs said:
the only downside for me was i wanted Elton John to sing candle in the wind but i just download it so i am happy
Whenever you use the word download please include the legal source from which you downloaded from, otherwise it will be presumed that you downloaded from an illegal source.

Back