Cibrian In Discussions For Season Nine

CSI Files

Captain
CSI Files previously reported that Eddie Cibrian (Jesse Cardoza) would be leaving CSI: Miami after spending one year on the series. The network chose not to pick up Cibrian’s contract option for season nine, but the details of his exit have not yet been decided. “Eddie will be segueing out of CSI: Miami and we [...]

More...

I'm hoping they'll finish out the Enright storyline before he leaves (however he leaves). They set that up as his major character arc, so getting rid of him before they resolve it would be a shame. I'm glad that they're in discussions, though - just writing him out would suck. I didn't like when they did that with Riley on CSI, and I'm hoping they don't do it with Wendy. Hopefully he'll appear in at least a few episodes during season nine to give the character and the audience some closure. :)

Agreed, though I also think killing him in the premiere wouldn't be so bad. Don't get me wrong, I like the character--but that cliffhanger is going to feel kind of lame if nobody dies.

I agree - the whole 'they all fall down, but who gets back up dun dun duuuuun!' thing will be anticlimactic if nothing comes of it except for maybe the death of a minor character (like the girl who delivered Walter's nerd mail). However, that being said, if they kill him in the premiere, they'll have to do a good job of explaining it - as someone mentioned in a different thread on this topic, if he dies in the premiere while someone like Calleigh (who has had major health issues) lives, it's going to seem obvious that they were looking for a way to write the character out.

(Although they could still solve the Enright storyline even if Cibrian is gone - they could always have the team work to bring Enright down as a way to honor Jesse's memory or something...maybe I just want to see Paul Blackthorne again. :lol:)

I would prefer to see Jesse leaving the show in the premiere.With this way the writers will be ready to give storylines to the core cast for the remaining of the season.

For now, but he's a wealthy guy, and they haven't had a trial yet. I could see him buying his way into an ROR.

If they are going to kill him, they should do it at the premiere.I do not want time wasted on him if he is not going to stay.They could have given Ryan a storyline at the start of season 8 instead of wasting time on Jesse.

If they are going to kill him, they should do it at the premiere.I do not want time wasted on him if he is not going to stay.They could have given Ryan a storyline at the start of season 8 instead of wasting time on Jesse.

Agree with you.Kill him in the premiere and give the other cast members some storylines.:)

I'd actually prefer for them to make him a detective like they were planning to before Adam decided to quit (that's the only reason they made him a CSI). They could knock him down to recurring status and have him on there every once in a while (but they do need to wrap up the whole Enright thing) and we could have the two case per ep formula whenever he's there. He could be the detective working with some of the CSIs on Case B while Frank works with the other CSIs on Case A.

Back