change (smacked one-shot )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by shell_kikii, May 18, 2009.

1. shell_kikii

shell_kikii Lab Technician

Hi everyone! Here's a one shot of smacked. Hope you like it. :)
    I don't own any character of CSI NY.

Change

It was three in the morning, yet Stella wasn’t sleeping. She was sitting in the couch with her knees drew up against her body, staring at the photo of Professor P and her mother. She still couldn’t believe Professor P knew her mother all along but didn’t mention a word to her. She still couldn’t believe the man she considered her guardian angel had lied to her again and again. She loved him so much as a mentor and a father figure. His betrayal had cut an incurable wound into her heart. His death had drawn her soul out of her body. She felt lucky Mac was there at the time her world had turned upside down. Pressing her face against his neck made her feel alive. The warmth from his body made her breathe again.

“It’s not about my job or the department. It’s hard because I care about you.”

It was the most beautiful words Mac had ever said to her. He always showed his concerns about her either at work or in personal life. This was the first time he stated it so clearly and loudly. The genuineness in his eyes and tone warmed her heart.
    Stella wasn’t superstitious about destiny. She believed in working hard to achieve what she wants. That was how she struggled all the way up to be a decent woman, a detective, a scientist. Knowing Mac was the only one thing that she believed in destiny. He was always there for her whenever she was failed by someone, or frustrated at work, or simply had a headache. Mac was her anchor, her love the rest of her life.

“I don’t need the coffee ground to see how lucky I’m to have you in my life, Mac.”

The words came from the bottom of her heart.
    ----------------------------------------
    With his hands folded behind his head, Mac laid in the bed wide awake. A smile lingered in his face.

“See, this is ‘S’, that would be Stella, the woman in your life. Oh, sometimes you adore and sometimes she drives you crazy.”

Yes, he adored Stella’s passion for work, her charming and energetic characters, her beauty and even her stubbornness. He was upset and angry with her when he knew she had ignored his order. He would never let anyone hurt her, let alone allowing her recklessness leads her into danger. She did drive him crazy when she planted her badge on his desk. She really thought she could just walk out of his life like that?
    Followed Stella to Greece was a tough decision. Mac knew he should’ve send Danny or Hawkes to her. He always said the lab and the safe of the city was his top priority. But he knew the ranking had been changing. The importance of Stella in his heart had been arising. He couldn’t concentrate on his job knowing her might wandered into some danger on the other side of the world. It was perfect timing to put all his concerns about her into action. It turned out was a good decision. All the facts that Stella unearthed had hurt her deeply. Witnessed her falling apart had broken Mac’s heart too. She might recover pretty soon outwardly but she’ll never be the same. Mac would be the only person she could count on. There was no space for him to retreat.

“Are you ready for this?”
    “I’m as ready as I would be.”
    Stella was ready to leave for work when someone knocked on her apartment door. She answered the door while putting on her jacket.
    “Mac?” Stella was surprised to see Mac outside the door with two cups of coffee and a paper bag in hand.
    “Good morning. Breakfast delivery.” Mac got in and put the food on the table.
    Stella snickered. “You know I don’t eat breakfast.”
    “I know. But you didn’t eat dinner last night. I don’t want you to pass out at the crime scene today.” Mac examined Stella’s face closely. “Judging from the baggies under your eyes, you didn’t sleep well last night.”
    Stella simply shook her head. She took the coffee Mac handed her and took a sip. “What’s in the bag?”
    “Bagels.” Mac opened the bag.
    Stella took off her jacket and sat down. She tore a chunk of wholemeal bagel. “We’ll be late if we don’t hurry.”
    “Don’t worry. We have permission from your boss.” Mac smiled.
    Stella laughed and put a bit of bread into Mac’s mouth.
    Stella stopped by the precinct to talk to Angell before going up to the lab.
    “Good morning, Jesse.”
    Angell lifted her head up from the paperwork and smiled at Stella. “Good morning.”
    Stella sat down in a chair. “I was looking for you the day I left for Greece but you were not around.”
    “Yeah. Don told me about that.” Angell put a hand on top of Stella’s. “I’m sorry for what you've been through. Are you feeling ok?”
    Stella turned her hand to grab Angell’s. “I’m fine. I just want to say thank you. I thought I was right to go after them. I know I was wrong now. I’m glad I didn’t get you hurt.” Stella smiled. “Don would never forgive me if I did.”
    Angell raised one of her eyebrows. “What did he say?”
    “He demanded all the details because it involved you. He said he cares about you. I’m happy for you, Jesse.”
    “I’m happy for you too. I don’t know Mac could drop everything in New York and followed you to Greece. He cares about you.”
    “I know. He told me.” Stella blushed and smiled.
    Angell straightened her spine. “He said he cares about you? When? How?”
    Stella giggled. “It’s secret.”
    Angell sagged in the chair. “Stella, you’re a bad friend. You made me feel I’m lucky to have a good guy then you just beat him with a great guy.”
    Stella kept laughing.
    “What great guy?” Flack asked behind them.
    Stella stood up and kissed Flack on the cheek. “You.” She patted him on the face. “I’ll see you guys later.”
    Stella went back to the lab left behind a confuse Flack and a giggling Angell.

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

nice work :)

3. Meatball42

Meatball42 Police Officer

NOT lame. And fow rme, that is an incredible compliment! :). Jk, it was really sweet.

4. shell_kikii

shell_kikii Lab Technician

Thank you Mel and Meatball42 ! :)

I just wrote my own interpretation of what Mac and Stella said. And, I think Stella should say thank you to Angell for her help. :)

5. Catu

Catu Police Officer

Kikii!!
    Loved it!! :)