CBS Temporarily Shifts 'Miami' To 8:00PM ET/PT

CSI Files

Captain
According to the Futon Critic, CBS will air at least three new episodes of CSI: Miami at 8:00pm ET/PT on Sundays starting in January. So far, the episodes confirmed to air in this earlier timeslot are “Match Made in Hell” on January 2, “F-T-F” on January 9 and “Wheels Up” on January 16. (The 10:00pm [...]

More...

No, NFL football will be over 'till Feb. College Football will be over in Jan. It will go overrun and Miami will be late as usually. Maybe one Miami will be late. They haven't start their offseason or something.

Last edited:
This could be good for csi miami...Nfl football is over an two weeks and an feb thats when the super bowl comes on which is the last game for the Nfl....

This is good for Miami. Instead of airing new episodes at 10pm+ and repeats at 8pm+, it makes sense that CBS moves new episodes to 8pm+ and let the repeats suffer at the later time due to football overrun. If Miami shows a huge improvement at 8pm, who knows, CBS might permanently place it there next season.

However, this might be bad for the show if it doesn't improve at 8pm. Football overruns will no longer be its excuse for low ratings.

Hmmmm... I wonder why the shift. I'm curious to see how the show does earlier. I hope it does well!

Wouldn't the show have to be a little...tamer?...to be on at 8:00? Or am I an old fogey and stuff like that doesn't matter anymore? :lol:

^My thoughts as well. It's not really an 8pm show.

Wait... I'm confused. I thought it was going to be on an hour earlier which would be 8pm my time. But if its 8pm ET then that's 7pm my time, so it's two hours earlier than its normal 9pm timeslot (central time).

^8pm Central is 9pm Eastern time. Miami is going to be on at 8pm Eastern time, meaning it will be 7pm Central time. Traditionally, that is kind of early for a crime drama like Miami. Lighter fare like Castle might be okay for 8pm, but not usually something like Miami or CM.

It will probably only be until mid season replacements come on. Last season they moved Cold Case from 10 to 9 when The Amazing Race was finished for the season. (and then back to 10 a few weeks later!) It can still start late if football runs over, the only difference is that it will be aired when it might not have been at 10pm. (And it will probably go back to 10pm when they start airing whatever it is they had planned for when The Amazing Race was done.)

Susan

The Vampire Dairies is on the CW...(which is a CBS network, yes?) and it's on at 8 PM... it is anything BUT tame... so, I don't know. I wonder!

Then again, I guess CBS is still different than the CW! Hmmm....

Back