CBS Reveals Details About Danson's New 'CSI' Character

CSI Files

Captain
As CSI Files previously reported, Ted Danson will join the cast of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation when the twelfth season begins this fall. The network has now released information about the newest addition to the Las Vegas Crime Lab, along with details regarding several other characters. (Minor spoilers after the jump!) Danson’s character is named [...]

More...

I gotta say, I'm looking forward to seeing how Danson (and Harnois) mesh with the rest of the team. While I'm sad that Catherine won't be the supervisor anymore (and I suppose we can all guess why she isn't in charge when season 12 gets going), I think it was a good choice to make DB the supervisor. If Ted is going to be the 'leading man' as far as publicity and whatnot goes, it's best IMO if his character is in charge. Fishburne's status as leading man vs Langston's status as secondary CSI caused a lot of problems from my POV, so hopefully this will allow the new character to avoid some of the same pitfalls.

That 'exile' part in Morgan's description definitely has me curious...

Ummm I'm wondering if the 'Seattle Crime Lab' isn't a mistake? The crime lab in King County is part of the King County Sheriff's office. So the 'head of the crime lab' is the King County Sheriff.

Not liking the part about Catherine being the former supervisor.

That 'exile' part in Morgan's description definitely has me curious...

It's possible that she gets into trouble for helping them out when they were in LA. Remember how she ran outside after Catherine and Nick and gave them the photos they wanted? Then maybe the only work she can get is to be hired by her dad. :)

I normally hate speculating tho, because it never turns out the way we usually think it will. :lol:

I am looking forward to seeing if I like Ted Danson's character more than I did Ray Langston. I was not into him at all, but I might like this character better. I think knowing he isn't a newbie in the lab who gets to do stuff a long term csi should be doing will help.

Back