CBS Looking For Jorja Fox Replacement?

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Jul 26, 2007.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation producers have begun the search for a new female character to be added to the regular cast.

"[She] may be a CSI or a lab tech," was all executive producer <font color=yellow>Carol Mendelsohn</font> was willing to share with TV Guide's <font color=yellow>Michael Ausiello</font>, beyond the fact the new character will first be seen in the third episode of next season. But that didn't stop Ausiello from finding out more about her, as his casting spies revealed she'll be a junior detective in her mid-twenties, "fresh out of college and lacking the capacity for self-censorship."

Mendelsohn didn't actually confirm the introduction of a new character would mean the exit of Sara Sidle, although Ausiello speculated this would seem likely, particularly in light of recent comments by <font color=yellow>Jonathan Littman</font> that the "Sara-Grissom storyline is going to conclude" next season. Ausiello's interpretation of the news was quickly picked up by several other sites, who also reported it was likely this meant Jorja Fox will be departing the show.

If Fox does leave, fans will at least get the chance to see her one more time, as Mendelsohn did confirm to Ausiello the actress will appear in the season premiere. "We're certainly going to be seeing her under the car in the premiere," she said. But as Mendelsohn noted, whether Sara Sidle will still be alive by then still remains very much to be seen.

For the original report from Michael Ausiello, please follow this link.<center></center>

2. fifty8th

fifty8th Victim

Please the man can not make up his mind, First Jorja is leaving because she is bored then she is about to sign now they are replacing her. He doesn't even know if the new character will be a CSI or a Lab Tech and he left out the end of the quote by Jonathan Littman it's supposed to go: "CSI": "The Sara-Grissom storyline is going to conclude," Littman says. "Don't take it in that definitive term. It's very smartly done." The second part changes the meaning of the first from definate to something more vague.

3. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Why wouldn't the relationship ending mean that William Peterson is going to leave? He's the one who's been talking about it forever.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Their spinning us all in vicious circles :( too much controversary, what if..what should..what could.. everyone says different things! could this be a ratings ruse? I recieved a e-mail from David Rambo, and he didn't really give anything away, but gave strong hints and clues, that 'everything will be OK" what ever the hell that means :eek: fine for who? but, I remember this summer when Jorja Fox said in the TV Guide, issue June 4-10 "I hope if Sara lives, and is fine, she'll be back for a sexy S/8" does that sound like she's leaving? waitng is the hardest thing!

5. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

You kill Sara, I kill you, simple as that :rolleyes:

You replace Jorja with another actress, and all hell will break loose :lol:

I'm still confident she'll be back. All of this is just to promote the premiere and make people wonder. If Jorja wants to leave, as I have said before, I wish her the best and more power to her. But I will laugh if she leaves and they try to replace her with someone else :rolleyes:

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Do keep in mind if she leaves, it's because she wants to. The show isn't writing Sara off because they're done with the character; it's because Jorja is moving on (if she in, in fact leaving).

I wouldn't blame anyone in that case--Jorja has put in 7 years, so it's understandable she might want to move on, and well, the show must go on in one way or another, so bringing a new character in from the writers' standpoint makes a lot of sense--it shakes things up. Hopefully the character will be a good one.

7. CmdrHaven

CmdrHaven Civilian

I don't really care if she returns or not. I'm not happy with the Sara-Grissom connection. I don't think they fit. I believe that Catherine would be a better match.

8. fifty8th

fifty8th Victim

It is true that if she leaves it is her decision but why kill her off? There are other ways to change characters other than death, in fact death is the easiest one, shows no originality. Not to mention it is a slap in the face of her fans and an easy way to alienate them.

Catherine and Grissom are complete opposites, Sara and Grissom are more alike and though I could care less about their relationship they are a better fit.