CBS Changes Lineup, Airs Repeats 10/28

CSI Files

Captain
CBS previously had a new episode of CSI: New York (“Get Me Out Of Here!”) scheduled for tonight, but the network has decided to fill the lineup with repeats instead. This is due to Game 7 of the World Series, which will air on Fox. Instead of original programming, CBS will air the pilot of [...]

More...

I wonder why they didn't air a repeat of Blue Bloods and why they pushed the repeat of NY to 9pm instead or its usual 8pm (central time).

So what if the World Series is airing. Tonight's episode was supposed to be the Halloween one. Why see it a week later, after the holiday! :rolleyes: TPTB at CBS are turds. :evil:

I for one am glad they're doing this. I'd watch the World Series over NY any day and after last night's exciting game being called one of the best in World Series history I'd bet a lot of people will be tuning in to catch game 7.

I really don't see how one week's difference can ruin the Halloween episode. The premiere didn't air on 9/11 and it was the 9/11 tribute episode that was supposedly taking place on 9/11. Of all the things we are supposed to suspend belief about with this franchise I don't think believing Halloween in the NY world happening one week after it does in reality is a big deal.

That's okay for you, but I'm sure there are plenty of people (myself included) who aren't interested in the game, and would gladly watch anything on TV that wasn't the World Series. And it being a new episode and not a repeat would be an added bonus. And no, I'm not suspending disbelief about a day--I'm very much aware the 9/11 episode did not air on that particular day (a few days before--big deal), but its the principle of it. Like I said previously--turds. So afraid of a baseball game stealing away viewers and ratings. :p

Major sporting events can have a huge impact on ratings. Taking a precautionary measure not to get a new episode's ass kicked, especially when this season is only 18 episodes and the show is once again in danger of not coming back next season, makes good business sense to me. YMMV.

Major sporting events can have a huge impact on ratings. Taking a precautionary measure not to get a new episode's ass kicked, especially when this season is only 18 episodes and the show is once again in danger of not coming back next season, makes good business sense to me. YMMV.

I know, and I'm not trying to start an argument or anything with you, GreatPumpkin. I'm just really pissed is all. For once, I wish a network would be unconventional and go ahead and air a new episode. They might be pleasantly surprised.
pinksmilehappy.gif
But we'll never know, 'cause they're scaredy-cats.

So what if the World Series is airing. Tonight's episode was supposed to be the Halloween one. Why see it a week later, after the holiday! :rolleyes: TPTB at CBS are turds. :evil:

The Vegas 'Hallowe'en' episode airs next Wednesday. If I have my info correct that is after Hallowe'en.

I haven't been watching any of the World Series but it's a huge sporting event whether you a fan or not. I don't blame CBS for changing the schedule. If it were the first or second game in the series then I'd say yeah what's the point but this is like the Super Bowl. One game. Winner gets the World Series Trophy and the loser goes home empty handed.

The Vegas 'Halloween' episode airs next Wednesday. If I have my info correct that is after Hallowe'en.

You have your info correct. Today is Friday October 28. Monday is Halloween (October 31). Wednesday will be November 2nd. I know cause I have a doctor's appointment that day.

I just have a feeling CBS is gonna throw us a curve ball and have surprise airing of what was supposed to be tonight's episodes of A Gifted Man, CSI: NY and Blue Bloods tomorrow night (Saturday October 29th).
I'll Google around and see if I can find out if my feeling is right or if it's just wishful thinking on my part.

BTW...just pointing out: Halloween <---correct spelling. Now I'm going to the 'Something Random About Yourselves' thread and post the story of how I know the correct spelling of Halloween.:cool: :)

The Vegas 'Halloween' episode airs next Wednesday. If I have my info correct that is after Hallowe'en.

I just have a feeling CBS is gonna throw us a curve ball and have surprise airing of what was supposed to be tonight's episodes of A Gifted Man, CSI: NY and Blue Bloods tomorrow night (Saturday October 29th).
I'll Google around and see if I can find out if my feeling is right or if it's just wishful thinking on my part.

No, it will air next Friday.

BTW...just pointing out: Halloween <---correct spelling. Now I'm going to the 'Something Random About Yourselves' thread and post the story of how I know the correct spelling of Halloween.:cool: :)

Hallowe'en is also correct. :rolleyes:

Hallowe'en is also correct. :rolleyes:

Thank you Shane :)

Hallowe'en is the British spelling of the word. Since I'm Canadian and Canada has kept the British spelling of words I tend to spell things the correct way, at least for me :)

If you look back at what Hallowe'en means it means Hallows Eve. Why not put the apostrophe in when joining the two words.

Oh and I like to add 'u' to words also. Are you going to tell me that coloUr and humoUr are wrong also :rolleyes:

I was mad when I found out they were doing this because I was looking forward to the CSI:NY Halloween episode. I do understand it though. The World Series could have really hurt the ratings of the new episode. Can't wait to see it next week.

Back