CBS Accidentally Promotes 'CSI' Series Finale

CSI Files

Captain
As CSI Files previously reported, CBS will air the final two episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation’s fifteenth season back-to-back on Sunday, February 15. During last night’s episode of NCIS, the network had an on-screen advertisement for the “series finale” of the crime drama, which was also reflected in some cable listings. CSI’s future is […]

More...

I guess it's a good thing I have a crappy TV, I didn't even notice the graphic last night. :lol:

A blunder, to be sure, but I'm sure there's some confusion about the show's future behind-the-scenes, and CBS's promo department messes up stuff like press releases all the time.

I know the show could still be cancelled, but I'm holding out hope for a short-order final season at least. They did it for The Mentalist, and CBS has been an even longer-running series for the network. And yes, they just cancelled Miami and NY, but CSI is the flagship series. I have higher hopes for it. I could be proven wrong, but I'm not going to agonize over it. We'll know when we know.

(I had to mute the 'cancellation bear' Twitter account a little while ago, though. It was getting on my nerves. A website doing occasional articles about cancellations is one thing, I don't need to see daily/weekly tweets in the hashtag. We get it, you think it's going to be cancelled, go away now.)

I didn't see it, but I'm not buying the 'mistake' excuse. CBS knows exactly what they're doing. :devil:

It's stilly because graphics are also doing mentalist series finales and you just don't make a mistake like that. It's been on 15 years it had a good run and Its timeslot indicated cancellation soon.

Back