Carol Mendelsohn To Create New TV Series

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Speedystokesgirl, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

This is from Entertainment Weekly:

Jim Belushi Nabs CBS Drama PilotTV Guide - February 22, 2010 11:59 PM PST

Jim Belushi | Photo Credits: Duffy-Marie Arnoult/WireImage.comTV Guide
    Jim Belushi is handing in his comedy card. The According to Jim star has been cast as the lead in the CBS legal drama The Defenders, Entertainment Weekly reports.

The series, from CSI's Carol Mendelsohn, follows two Las Vegas defense attorneys. Belushi will play Nick, a lawyer who likes to fight for the underdog.

That's all there was for now.

link

Hmmm, does this mean she's leaving CSI? Will we get some new blood and the show will get better? Or does she think CSI is on its last legs.

Let's face it Marg is leaving the show and we don't know if Fishburne signed on for anymore. Contract talks should be going on now.

I don't know, I hope it's not the end.

So who knows.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thank's speedy I saw this on Tx Dollars, how the H can she run two shows? but who knows what's up? I think we've had enough 'new blood', please, and as far as Marg leaving, that's not been on this board as news..yet.. but on LF, he did only sign up for 1-1/2 seasons, which would mean his contract is up after S/10 finishes~And he's got 3 movies on the table HMMM, I hope this isn't the proverbial handwriting on the wall:(

LF CONTRACT

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Producing is NOT the same as show-running.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010
  5. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Yes, she is the co-show-runner of CSI (along with Naren Shankar), but producing the new show does not necessarily mean she is running it.

6. Nick3167

Nick3167 Rookie

WHAT? I have not seen anything about marg leaving Then again most viewers have been posting that this is the last season ( 10) Speedy where do you get your info please let me know Cause if this is true I will be crushed I have followe this wome since Ryan's Hope( not to age myself)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2010
  7. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I have not seen anything that says for sure Marg is leaving. Site your source.

8. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Nothing is 'for sure', I guess, but here is a link to a translation of an excerpt from a French interview with Jorja and Marg; credit to JFO and Margamania for the article and its translation.

http://www.margamania.net/2009/12/27/is-marg-finally-leaving-csi/

Again, it's nothing definite, but I think this is what most people are referring to when they speculate that she is leaving. And in the interview she also states that CSI will go on for many more years.

As far as Carol Mendelsohn goes, I think that NCIS and NCIS:LA share a showrunner, so she can do both. And Naren Shankar is a co-showrunner for CSI, so I doubt anything will change, even if CM's new show gets picked up.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  9. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Well according to that article she says she will probably leave after next year. Personally I can only really see the show going on one more year, even though I would still watch if it was more. From everything I have seen online from TV sites, they still all expect CBS to renew CSI for one more year.