Caption Game - Shipper Central Style

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by kinkapoodles, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

While browsing through the NY forum last night I came across an old caption game thread. I thought it might be fun to try over in Shipper Central. Everyone can participate and I hope everybody enjoys it. I know everybody loves to caption pictures.

Here's how it goes:

I will start us off with a picture. Everyone will have a chance to caption it as to what you think they are saying, want them to say, or what it looks like they are saying. Then we'll take the captions and let everybody vote on their favorite quote. Whoever posted the winning caption will get to post a picture of their choice for the next round.

Since this is the shipper threads, let's keep the pictures shippy.

Here's the rules:

~Pictures can be posted for Vegas, Miami, and NY. In that order. If you need a picture to post and do not have any from one of the shows, you can find them here. Please do not link from that site. Upload them from your own photo hosting website.
    ~Captions must remain under the PG-13 monitor. I think everyone knows how far they can go. If not, the thread may be locked.
    ~Offensive captions (bashing the characters or others) will not be tolerated. If you don't like a ship and have the urge to post something that is not nice, then I suggest you refrain from posting.
    ~Pictures can be captioned for about 48 hours then we'll have a vote. All of the captions will be posted and a poll will be made. Also, there will be a link to the picture.
    ~Voting will end after around 48 hours or so. The winner will be announced and then can post the next picture within 24 hours.

I will be doing the posts for the voting.

Also, you don't have to be a fan of the ship to caption or post the pictures as long as you play nice.

Here's the first picture and to start us off, I'll caption it (my caption won't be in the voting).

[​IMG]

Flack: Who said you could ask my kinka-poodle out?

2. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

EDIT: I'm basically a stupid moron...

Flack: Danny, what have I told you about showing off your badge in public!

3. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Ummmm...I think you may have misunderstood Radical. Only one picture is posted at a time and it will be captioned for 48 hours. After that there will be a poll for the favorite caption of that one picture (for the next 48 hours it's the picture that I posted). Then, whoever's caption wins, they will get to post a picture for everyone to caption.

Sorry if I confused you.

Here's the picture to be captioned along with my caption.

[​IMG]

Flack: Who said you could ask my kinka-poodle out?

4. _Calleigh_

_Calleigh_ Coroner

Great idea Rhonda! :D

Flack: "When Danny said he likes hot chocolate he meant the sauce we bath in in our private moments, you smartass."

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Danny: Hands off Montana or I'll smack you good! (lame I know)

6. HoratioAndMe

HoratioAndMe Captain

I have to say I love the idea, 1CSIMfan :D. I love caption threads. Still, I'm drawing blanks with this pic. I think your cap was pretty suitable tho!

7. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

^^Thanks HaM. After looking through the caption game in the NY thread, I realized how much I missed it.

Oddly enough, I didn't think of the idea for Shipper Central last night when I was actually looking through the thread. :rolleyes: I thought of it driving home from work. 27 miles is too much thinking time. :p

8. loki

loki Lab Technician

Hey this game looks cool. I don't watch NY, so I don't really have a caption for this one, but thanks for bringing the game :D you're awesome.

9. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

Flack: How many times I gotta tell you, He's my kinka poodle!

10. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I'll give it a whirl...

Flack to Danny: I don't think he's our type

11. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

I like this idea, but I'm not that great at coming up with funny captions.

Danny to police officer: "Please listen to det. Flack and leave while you still can; he knows I can't control myself when I see a man in uniform".

12. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Ok..it's time to vote for your favorite caption.

Here's the picture:
    [​IMG]

Here's the choices:

13. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I know this is a double post..but I didn't want to add to the poll post.

What would you guys like better? To be able to view the poll results when you vote or to view after the poll is over (like I did this one)?

14. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Cool thread!

Personally, I like to be able to see the results, because I'm impatient like that, but suspense is good too ;)

15. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

I like seeing the results right after you vte too. But it doesn't really matter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.