Can You Feel the Love!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by MacsLilDevil, May 28, 2007.

1. MacsLilDevil

MacsLilDevil Police Officer

This is my first Mac and Lindsay story on here so bear with me!

Can You Feel The Love!

Rated: PG13

Part 1: Hello?

When it was night time in New York, that meant some strange things went bump in the night. For Lindsay it was difficult. Lindsay's mind kept traveling back to the case she was working on with Mac. She wanted to stay in the lab and go over the evidence they had so far but Mac, the ever stubborn Marine, sent her home for a good nights sleep.

"Linds?" Mac called as he walked into the layout room and found Lindsay looking over the evidence.

"Mac I really need to," Lindsay started but was stopped by Mac.

"Yea, you really need to go home and sleep. This will all be here when you come back in the morning. And I'll even help." Mac said with a grin as walked over to Lindsay and gently pushed her to the door.

"Mac how am I suppose to sleep wiht this case still fresh in my mind?" Lindsay asked with a grin as she crossed her arms across her chest.

"Think of those beautiful Wheat Fields in Montana. Now go home Lindsay." Mac said with a grin as he pushed her in the direction of the locker room.

Lindsay shook her head. She now found herself in the truck driving back to her apartment. Lindsay couldn't get the case out of her mind. She locked the truck up and went upstairs of her building.

As Lindsay stepped off the elevator and rounded the corner, she saw the door closed but heard nosies coming from inside the apartment. She unlocked the door and stepped inside. Lindsay shut the door and took her glock out of her purse.

"Hello?" Lindsay said calmly.

All of sudden an unknown figure jumped up behind Lindsay. He knocked the glock out of her hand sending it slidding across the Living room floor. Lindsay began to struggle with attacker.

*Cliffhanger*
    TBC......

2. CSI_Trainee

CSI_Trainee CSI Level One

wow what a great start i can't wait for more... its really good, and don't worry have confidence and let your mind free to do its creative processing!! :)

3. MacsLilDevil

Thanks CSI Trainee! Now on with the show!

Part 1B: Help is on the way!

Lindsay began to struggle with her attacker. She tried to scream but he covered her mouth to keep her quiet. Lindsay scratched as hard as she could. Her attacker winced and released her.

That's when Lindsay saw her chance. She ran for the living room and tried to grabbed her gun but the attacker caught up with her and slapped her acausing Lindsay to fall to the ground. To say the least, Lindsay was dazed and was pulled the hair towards the kitchen.

Lindsay winced in pain and started to struggle. Her attacker wasn't going to have any of that and hit her again. Lindsay felt herself come to a stop and saw her oppertunity. She took one of the chairs and smashed it against her attackers leg.

While he was down, she ran back to the living room and grabbed her gun and then tried at least to call Mac. Her attacker got up and towards her to stop from calling back up. She pointed the gun at to warn him to back off.

He stopped and smirked at her. He pulled out a switch balde and wove it in Lindsay's face. Lindsay didn't loose her nerve. Her attacker dove over the couch and knocked Lindsay to the ground. They struggled. Her Attacker raised the switch blade over his head and stabbed Lindsay in left shoulder.

She managed to kick him off of her. She pulled back the hammer of her gun and fired. One shot, loudged in his left arm causing a deep bullet wound, the second shot hit the wall missing the perp entirely.

The attacker left clutching his left arm, living a very wonded Lindsay to fight for her life. Luckly her next door neighbor heard every ting and placed a call to NYPD. She went to check on Lindsay and found her and told them to hurry.

Mac arrived at his apartment, bone tired from his shift. Little did he realise that his world was about to change from a simple call.

"Officer down! I repeat Officer down! Request back up at 18 Northside Brooklynn st." The dipatcher said.

All Mac could think about was that was Lindsay's address. He didn't hesitate. He grabbed his gun and badge was out the door faster than Superman. He couldn't loose Lindsay. He couldn't.

*Cliffhanger*
    TBC...

4. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Ahh that's really sweet can't wait for next post!!

5. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

Wow, that was great, I love excitment as much as romance. Good job, I can't wait for more. :)

6. CSI_Trainee

Ahhh the cliffhangers.... they are always so much fun!!!! Your welcome for the encouragement, I remeber how it was when i first started a fic, your a little fish in a big sea, and it can be hard sometimes to have the confidence to write when some people out there can be very harsh, luckily no one on here is like that ... at least no one i have ran into :)
    Keep up the great work and i can't wait to read more!!!! Memeber, let the ideas and creativity flow!

7. MacsLilDevil

Thanks for the feed Back! Here we go!

Part 2: My Love, My Life!

Mac pulled up to Lindsay's building ahead of Rescue. He couldn't believe that someone would want to hurt his love. Mac knew he loved Lindsay but he could never get the nerve to tell her.

Mac climb out of the Cheve Avalanche and ran towards Flack.

"Have you gone in yet?" Mac asked looking in Don in the eye.

"Nope. Just waiting on you." Flack said.

Thay turned and started up the stairs. When they reached the corner, Don and Mac spotted Lindsay's next door neighbor.

"Reed, Jefferies. Could you please take Ms. Paulson down stairs." Flack said as the two Patrol Officers led the grief stricin woman outside.

Flack turned to mac and gave him a nod. Mac drew his gun and entered Lindsay's place. When Mac stepped inside, the first thing Mac noticed was the reckage.

"Clear." Flack yelled.

One by one the officers yelled clear. Until Mac entered the living room. When he saw his girl on the floor, Mac rushed to her side.

"We need Recuse up here now!" Mac yelled. Then turned back to Lindsay.

"Lindsay, baby can you hear me? It's Mac." Mac asked as he checked for a pulse. Mac let a sigh of relife.

EMS arrived and entered Lindsay's apartment quickly. They gently pushed Mac out of the way and went to work.

When they had Lindsay checked out and loaded on the stretcher, Mac grabbed one of her hands and followed them out. When they loaded her in the back Mac turned to Don.

"Flack I want you to stay here and wait for Stella, Danny, and Hawks to show. I'm going with Lindsay." And with that Mac jumped in the back.

As they traveled to Angel of Mercy, Mac held Lindsay's hand all they way. He did something that he didn't do when Claire died, Mac cried for Lindsay.

*Cliffhanger*
    TBC...

8. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

Awww!!! that was sad, :( Great post though. Please update soon

9. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

aww that was sad :( Update soon hun!

10. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

Really good job, so far. I really like it. Update soon, you're doing great!

11. MacsLilDevil

Thanks Guys! This story is sort of my take on Lindsay's past. Here we go! Also I don't own the song: Lady In Red by Chris De Burgh! I'm just a fan! ;)

Part 3: Angel of the Morning!

After Lindsay arrived at Angel of Mercy, she was immidantly rushed to the ER. Mac was told to stay out side in the waiting area and wit for the doctor to come out. Mac sat in the chairs and sighed.

An hour and a half later, the doctor came and told Mac that the rushed Lindsay up to surgery. The knife missed any vital organs but with the blood loss it was hard to tell until after the surgery.

Mac took the the elevator up to the OR and began to think at all the times he a had chance to tell Lindsay how much he cared about her.

"Maybe there was still time." Mac thought to himself as he stepped off the elevator.

He made the slow treck towards the OR waiting room and paitently waited for the doctor. Mac rubbed his face and began to relax.

5 hours later, Lindsay's doctor came out and found Mac waiting for any news about Lindsay.

"Detective Taylor?" Dr. Crayson asked.

"Yes." Mac said as he stood up form his seat and made his way over to the doctor.

"Lindsay is out of surgery but we placed her in ICU. I'm more worried about the amout of blood Lindsay lost." Dr. Crayson said worriedly.

"What does that mean exactly doctor?" Mac asked.

"Well it might have put here in a slite coma. But then she's strong, she might pull through." The doctor said with a smile.

"Can I see her?" Mac asked.

"Sure Detective. Take as long as you need." The doctor said as he went on to start his rounds.

Mac nodded and walked to ICU. As he entered, he had an idea. Mac walked towards the nurses desk.

"Excuse me, but do you have a guitar?" Mac asked.

The nurse nodded and went to get it. When she came back she handed a 12 string guitar to Mac. He looked it over and nodded and gave the nurse a smile.

Mac entered Lindsay's room and let out a shakey breath.

"Lindsay if you can here, I want to say I'm sorry for all the times I should have told you how I felt. Lindsay I love. I have since the first time I met you at the Zoo." Mac said with a smile.

"I hope this song reaches your heart." Mac said as he started to pick the opening strings. Mac's barritone voice filled the room.

I've never seen you looking so lovely as you did tonight
    I've never seen you shine so bright
    I've never seen so many men ask you if you wanted to dance
    Lookin for a little romance
    Given half a chance
    And I have never seen that dress you're wearing
    Or the highlights in your hair that catch the light
    I have been blind

Lady in red
    Is dancing with me
    Cheek to cheek
    There's nobody here
    It's just you and me
    It's where I wanna be
    But I hardly know
    This beauty by my side
    I'll never forget
    The way you look tonight

I've never seen you look as gorgeous as you did tonight
    I've never seen you shine so bright, you were amazing
    I've never seen so many people wanna be there by your side
    And when you turned to me and smiled, it took my breath away
    I have never had such a feeling
    Such a feeling of complete and utter love
    As I do tonight

Lady in red
    Is dancing with me
    Cheek to cheek
    There's nobody here
    It's just you and me
    It's where I wanna be
    Well I hardly know
    This beauty by my side
    I'll never forget
    The way you look tonight

I never will forget
    The way you look tonight

Lady in red
    Lady in red
    Lady in red
    My lady in red

[whispers]I love you

"I do Love you Lindsay." Mac said as he finished singing and kissed Lindsay gently on the lips.

*Cliffhanger*
    TBC...

12. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Ahhh that's really sweet!!

13. CSI_Trainee

how sweet i can't wait for more!!!! keep up the great work!!!

14. MacsLilDevil

Wow! Look at all the FB! I guess I'm good! Her we go with part 4!

Part 4: Good Morning Sunshine!

In the two weeks Lindsay had been in the hospital, Mac and the team never gave up hope that Lindsay would wake up. Especially Mac. He never left her side for moment. He didn't want to miss if Lindsay woke.

Mac spent day and night at the hospital with Lindsay. He prayed that somehow Lindsay would find her way back to him. He never stopped.

During the time Mac spent with Lindsay, he washed her face, read to her, and even sing to her. He kind of thought the Lindsay heard him.

Mac would gently brush the hair out of linsay's eyes and would always fall asleep. Just like he did every night on Lindsay's stomach.

The moring was bright and the sun reflcted through the windows. Lindsay opened her eyes and looked a Mac. She flet him asleep on her stomach.

With her good arm, she gently brushed his hair out of his eyes. Mac stired and woke. He felt someone touching his hair.

When Mac looked at a opened eyed Lindsay his heart leaped in the air.

Mac jumped out of chair to get a nurse when Mac promply fell on the floor in his exictment.

Lindsay could help it. She burst out laughing. With her good arm she gripped her sides. Mac flashed her a mag-a-watt smile as he danced out the door like a 30's or 40's movie dancer.

Lindsay was laughing so hard tears were rolling down her face. Now she knew why she loved Mac so much, because he made her laugh.

*Cliffhanger*
    TBC.....

15. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

AAwww thats really sweet!#:)