Camping, a D/L fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by pizzapie, Aug 9, 2006.

1. pizzapie

pizzapie Pathologist

Rating: PG
    Pairing: D/L (what else)
    A/N: Written in response to Kennedy’s challenge

Please tell me if this is completely horrible. I’m not much a fan of it.

“Hey, Danny, Lindsay, I need to see you in my office now,” said Mac Taylor. It was 8’o clock on a bright, hot, summer Wednesday morning. He must have seen the worried look on the two’s faces, so continued, “Don’t worry, you’re not in trouble. I just have a special assignment for the two of you.” They followed Mac to his office and after closing the door, sat down.

“What’s up, boss?” Danny asked.

“Do you two have emergency bags packed?”

“Yeah.”

“Yes.”

“Well, good because you two are going to need them. There are a couple of crime scenes up in Allegheny State Park that the state wants someone from our lab to visit. A team from the swing shifts taking one, but I want the two of you to take the other.”

“State park,” Danny whined.

“Oh, come on, it’ll fun,” Lindsay said, poking Danny in the ribs. “Back to nature.”

“All right you two,” Mac said, smiling. “The other thing about this trip- it’s such short notice, and it’s the main tourist season, so all the cabins at the park are booked. So you have to tent camp.”

“What?” Danny protested.

“Mac, just because I’m from the country doesn’t mean I like to camp in tents,” Lindsay protested.

“Well, tough luck. Your’s is also really remote- you’ll get a four-wheeler to drive up to the crime scene, and your camping close to it. It’s next to the lake though. The other one’s fairly far, so the other two CSIs will take the car with them, since their’s is closer to the main roads. And I don’t care how much you two complain you’re still going.”

“When are we leaving?” Lindsay asked.

“Noon.”

“What? What about all of the supplies?”

“All taken care of. Tent, sleeping bags, food, and a propane stove, since the park is under no burn regulations. Have fun up there.” Mac smiled.

“Yeah, we’ll have fun all right,” Danny said sarcastically before the two left Mac’s office.
    ---
    “So, Montana, the country girl doesn’t like camping?”

“Not particularly.”

“I’ve never been camping, why did Mac have to send us on this?” Danny whined.

“Probably because we’re the two youngest on the team.” Why couldn’t Mac send anyone else on this, or even me with anyone else. I can’t believe I’m going to have to spend the next few days with Danny being the only person near, Lindsay thought.

At the same time, Danny was thinking, I can’t believe I’m going to have to spend all my time the next few days with Montana. I don’t want to, but… , of course I don’t.

Neither of the two had seen Stella walk up during their conversation. “So why is Mac sending you two camping?”

Lindsay replied, “Crime scene in Allegheny State Park. Well, I guess I’d better go make sure I’ve got stuff packed.”
    ---
    Stella had questioned Mac about Danny and Lindsay’s crime scene. After Mac had informed her, she exclaimed, “Danny and Lindsay? They can’t even go a day without bickering and you’re making them spend the next few days together, alone.”

Mac smirked. “Exactly. Come on, it’s obvious they need to get together. I’m just giving them a little push.”

“I never knew Mac Taylor had such a devious side.”
    ---
    Danny and Lindsay had finally arrived at their campsite, at 7 pm. It was right next to the lake and had a picnic table along with a small patch of grass to pitch a tent. “Where’s the restroom? I need to go,” Danny said.

“I don’t see one. I guess you have to go in the woods. Remember to take the TP.”

“Umm, I’ll hold it. When are we going to eat? I’m hungry.”

“Well, we need to get the tent set up first,”

“Well, why don’t you cook, and I’ll set up the tent.” In reality Danny thought a tent couldn’t be that hard to set up, and that he could impress his Montana with his skills.

“All right.” The only reason Lindsay agreed was because she was starved as well.

Danny pulled the tent from the four-wheeler, while Lindsay picked out one of the chicken dinners. She quickly setup the propane stove and put on the chicken.

The tent was confusing Danny. For about twenty minutes Lindsay simply laughed at him, quietly, behind his back, before she walked over and told Danny, “Watch the woman do it.” She took over and had the tent set up within five minutes. “See it wasn’t that hard.”

Danny stared at the tent. “We’re both supposed to sleep in there? I thought this was a two person tent.”

“Well this is the size of a one, but I would of thought that we would have gotten two tents, or at least a two room tent.” What they didn’t know was that the NYPD had sent two tents originally, but Mac had snuck down and taken out one.

Danny sniffed the air. “It smells like something’s burning.” He turned to look at the stove. “Montana, the food’s burning!”

Lindsay ran over to the stove. “Uh oh.” She was able to put out the fire by putting the pot lid on. “I can’t believe I caught something on fire.”

“I can’t believe you burnt our food. What are we going to eat now.”

“I guess we’ll just have to make the best of it.”
    ---
    After struggling through their burnt meal, Lindsay went to the lake to get water to wash the dishes. When she came back, Danny had taken off his shirt. Lindsay’s breath caught and she, while staring at it, started licking her lips. Damn, that’s a fine chest. I wonder what it looks like when it’s not sweaty. She then mentally slapped herself. I can’t be thinking that. I have to sleep next to him, and he’s a coworker anyway.

Danny noticed Lindsay staring at him. “What, it’s hot out. I’ll wash the dishes since you cooked and put up the tent.”

“Sounds good.” Lindsay went and sat in a chair next to the tent.

The dishwashing seemed to be going well, until a fly came over and kept landing on Danny. “Get away,” he said, frantically, swatting at it. “Montana, come help.”

Shaking her head, Lindsay came over. “Come on, you’re not afraid of a little fly are you?”

“No, it’s just bugging me to death.”

“Then maybe I should let it.”

“Mon-tan-a. And anyway, how would you explain to Mac how I died. Oh, he was annoyed to death by a fly…”

“All right.” Lindsay started swatting at the fly as well. At about the tenth time, her hand slipped and she hit Danny’s privates.

“Ohhhh.. Ohhhh..” Danny moaned and keeled over. He stumbled around and after hitting Lindsay, grabbed onto her.

Danny and Lindsay knocked over the table, throwing the dishwater all over themselves. They fell down and began rolling. They hit the tent, pulling the stakes out of the ground, but continued rolling towards the lake. They quickly became tangled up in the tent and frantically tried to fight their way out. However, they didn’t stop rolling until they hit the water, still tangled up.

When they hit the water, Lindsay froze. That actually allowed Danny to get out of the tangled tent, and he then unwrapped Lindsay. He was only in to his waist. He was surprised to see the fear in her eyes. “Montana, can you not swim?” She shook her head, so Danny picked her up and carried her to dry land.

They walked back to the four-wheeler to grab towels. While toweling herself off, Lindsay yelled at Danny, “This is all your fault.”

“You were the one who hit my balls.”

“But you were the one who couldn’t take a little fly causing me to hit them.”

“Speaking of which, where is that damn fly?” They looked. Danny began laughing. “Well, at least we got rid of the fly.”

Lindsay started laughing, too. “Well, no more swimming, okay?”

“Sure. I guess we need to set up the tent again.”

Lindsay’s eyes gazed down to Danny’s still bare chest. “You know, you look pretty good, roughing it.” Surprising even herself, she pulled Danny’s face down and gave him a kiss.

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I sooo cannot wait for more of this :D

3. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

hehe, good one Pizza!!! Camping, whootwhoot!

4. p3karen

p3karen Rookie

I love this please update soon

5. Guest

Guest Guest

i'm luving it....keep it coming :)

6. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

You know how to attract the members ... :lol: lovely story, MORE!!

Sissi :D

7. Islandgirl

Islandgirl Police Officer

Whew!! Is it hot in here??
    GREAT story!!

8. Miss_Undercover

Miss_Undercover Judge

pizzapie

I love your D & L fanfic ! Is so good ! ;)

And really, you are a great writer... :) Believe me !

PS: The camping theme is fantastic !! :)

9. CHILI_PEPPERS

CHILI_PEPPERS Pathologist

OMG! i loved it! , that was awesome good job!

10. Svetlana

Svetlana Dead on Arrival

UPDATE!!! SOON!!!!! hehe i love it!! i'm fic crazy, hehe

11. Roosey

Roosey Captain

I love your fic, please update soon, very soon. :)

12. girl_of_aegean

girl_of_aegean Dead on Arrival

hey why does every D/L fic end where it gets heated up?please update it soon