Calling all Australians - write Channel 9

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by crankyjules, Dec 19, 2006.

1. crankyjules

crankyjules Police Officer

I'm sure there are more Australians lurking around this board than just myself and tiara4carmine, so I'm posting a call to action :)

I've had a bug up my backside all year about the way Channel 9 has treated CSI NY and the disrespect it shows it's audience ... constantly changing around the time slot, taking the show off air suddenly with no warning or explanation for extended periods of time, slapping 2 or 3 repeats of Season 1 episodes in between Season 2 episodes on a regular basis.

But by FAR their biggest act of arrogance was 'finishing' Season 2 this year before the actual season is finished ... meaning ... there are still 3 EPISODES LEFT IN SEASON 2 which we haven't seen yet ... Stealing Home, Heroes and Charge of This Post, the last two being terrifically important episodes. :mad:

Now I don't know if they think the audience is to stupid not to know that there are more episodes left to the season, or whether they even care. I have no idea whether we have to wait until February, or however later they decide, before we get to see them. Or IF we get to see them at all.

I'm one of the lucky ones ... I've bought the US dvd's of Season 2 and so have seen the missing episodes, but that's not the point.

So ... give me a hand here ... join me in a spot of 'advocacy'. Write to Channel 9 ... let them know how 'disappointed' you are in the way the show was programmed this year. Let them know you KNOW about those three episodes and are confused (or however you feel) about why they haven't been shown. Tell them how great a show it is ... how you feel about it. Quote the ratings ...it's been making the top 10 shows in Australia ... beating CSI Miami yet they are still pushing that one now even in non-ratings period. Let them know how well it's been rating in the US ... no. 5! (remembering that you catch more flies with honey :D) Beg, plead, bat your eyelashes, whatever ... let's see if we can get more consistency out of them next year at least.

Contact details for Channel 9:

The Programming Department
    Channel Nine
    In Your Local City

NSW Viewers: PO Box 27 Willoughby, NSW 2068
    Vic Viewers: PO Box 100 Richmond, Vic 3121
    QLD Viewers: PO Box 72 Brisbane, QLD 4001

Alternatively contact your local Channel Nine or Win Network Station from your local white pages.

They ask that you include your name, address and daytime telephone number in correspondence to them.

Or you can phone them, numbers listed here

I've written them twice in the past. The first was before the show aired in Australia. A kind friend in the US had taped the pilot episode and sent it to me and I was excited by it. I wrote and asked if they had bought the rights to it and if so, when were they going to start airing it. I got a lovely letter back from them.

The second time was about the way they were stuffing around the programming this year. I didn't get a reply to that one. So don't necessarily expect one if you do write ... but the point is that the more letters, the more they'll take it seriously.

Even if it's only two, three or four letters, it's better than my one lone voice in the wilderness :)

2. tiara4carmine

tiara4carmine Police Officer

I'm with you Crankyjules, just call me CrankyTiara :lol:
    I'm glad I managed to get S2 on dvd as well, here in Adelaide they aired it pretty much straight through to Wasted then stopped for 3 months :mad: :mad: :mad:

NOT GOOD CHANNEL NINE

I blame stupid Eddie Maguire, he took over the channel this year and look how he ruined it. The channel is owned by someone else here in Adelaide but it looks like they just follow everything Big Dick Eddie does.

As for next year :confused: who knows. We may or may not get it and if we don't, we'll just have to wait for S3 on dvd box set :lol:

I'll send off a couple of letters to see what I can do, I might barrage them with emails :lol:

3. crankyjules

:lol: Well, that makes two.

Whaaaaaaat? They have shown NOTHING since then??? Maybe you'll get the rest over summer. That's criminal.

Hmm. It certainly has gone way down hill and had a lot of troubles since then. I read in the newspaper a couple of weekends ago that Eddie Maguire is pretty much a puppet and someone else is pulling the strings.

Whatever. What used to be my favourite, and the best, of stations, is now a stupid joke. All of those 20-1 shows and the like, where they drag out their on-air employees to give their opinions on everything, are nothing but a blatant attempt at penny pinching and air-fillers. Whoever's calling the shots there obviously doesn't have a business bone in their body. You do much better if you give people quality and good 'customer service'.

Grrr :mad: too long to wait for me. Which is why we need to let them know.

Thanks tiara, you're a good sport :)

Good luck to ya, finding those email addresses. They only give out postal address and phone numbers to contact them with. :rolleyes:

4. tiara4carmine

From about Feb this year they showed it through to Wasted, then that stupid Torvil and Dean skating thing came on. They started showing it again on Sunday nights after Vegas back in Oct I think, but then they took it off for a few weeks then showed an ep, then took it off.
    :mad: :mad: :mad:

I wish they'd get rid of Bert Newton. God I hate that man

5. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

heh, I totally agree, and in light of this, you can call me CrankyCarlz :lol:

I too noticed that when they aired the "season finale" that considering 'Run Silent, Run Deep' had just aired, it couldn't possibly be, but I thought it might've just been an error. Of course, considering that it's channel 9, it wasn't. So I ranted and raved to my mum...but I'll probably just get season 2 on DVD anywya, but I still think that it's ridiculous. Those 3 episodes were pivotal to the entire season as a whole, and it's just stupid. They say that the episodes that didn't air will air next year, but considering how poorly they treated it this year doesn't exactly fill me with confidence, so then they'll probably end up with 4-5 episodes of season 3 that won't make it to air and so on.

I was thinking of writing a letter to complain, because I've actually got a few more things to complain about (namely their treatment of other shows aswell).

But Channel 7 did it aswell, with Bones. But channel 9 has a habit. When the 2-part season 5 finale of CSI aired, they waited until the next year to air the second part of it :rolleyes: I got impatient after a week and read the spoilers...

Seriously, channel 9 needs to lift their game next year.

6. crankyjules

crankyTiara, that's what happened in NSW as well. They seem to stop at the season's half way point (same as they do in the US for the Christmas hiatus I'm guessing) and take their own sweet time putting them back on again.

Nice to meet you CrankyCarlz :lol: :lol: Too funny ... this thread is spawning CrankyAustralians. GOOD :D

That wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Where di you hear they said they'd air them next year?

Do it do it do it :lol: :lol:

I watched the first episode of Bones but haven't followed through. I didn't cotton on to the female lead. I can't believe they did that with a two part finale ... split it in half. OMG. Again, CSI I never watch on a regular basis. I do watch Miami, and I'm assuming as they are now playing repeats of that at least, they finished the season off properly? I had to go away and the last episode I saw was the one where Marisol died.

I seriously don't get it. Apparently they are in strife and losing money hand over foot. Someone made a baaaaaaaaad error of judgement in the way things are run there now.

BTW, I love your banner. Very nice. And your avatar ... I miss Speed (the ONLY good appeasement channel 9 have to offer at the moment is showing reruns with Speed in it :lol:)

7. carlz31

carlz31 Coroner

Well, someone wrote a letter to Seven Days (in the Daily Telegraph on Wednesdays) complaining about how some episodes of other shows didn't get shown aswell. The editor made a note that the remaining episodes would be shown early next year. However, since the letter was not referring to CSI, what will actually happen could be anyones guess :rolleyes:

Yeah, they did finish the season, although I think they may have missed one episode somewhere inbetween there and the season finale, but I couldn't watch them either...but given when the episodes aired, I'm pretty sure they missed one...

Heh, tell me about it. It's probably the only good thing channel 9 has done all year.

I remember when the miner were found (not rescued), they had about 45 minutes of coverage in the middle of CSI, for Mike Munro to say the exact same 3 lines the entire time. And they showed interviews with the same people over and over again. It took over 3 hours to watch both CSI and NY and I had to go to school the next day, so I wasn't very happy...
    Heh, good. Maybe if theres enough of us, channel 9 will actually do something :eek: :lol:

8. crankyjules

Where do they get off thinking they can treat their audience like that? I know they don't make a cent out of us, it's all about advertising, but it's just so bloody arrogant. :mad:

Certainly the only reason to watch Channel 9 at all during the week.

Yep the world stopped for how many days? What I REALLY hated was that stupid Torvill & Dean ice skating 'dancing with the stars' thing being put on instead of it. :rolleyes:

That was my intention with starting this thread. Don't know how successful it will be. Sometimes I feel like I'm living in a land of blowflies and apathy (but then, I DO live in a country town :lol:)

9. tiara4carmine

While we're going about other stations - channel 10 did it with Numb3rs. I love that show and they put a few eps on then yank it off until a couple of weeks ago when they started showing 2 eps a week, now, it's a repeat and on only one night. The same with Charmed, and all because of stupid joker poker. WHAT THE ....

10. tiara4carmine

Were you guys watching channel nine last night. For some reason I watched 2 and a half men and during an add break channel nine advertised the big shows for 2007 and it said
    ALL 3 CSI'S

woohoo, looks like we might get them yet :D :D :D

11. crankyjules

Apart from our favourite show :D, I watch hardly any TV, so no I didn't see any ads last night.

I'd be bloody surprised if they DIDN'T have a return of the whole franchise next year, considering they're the biggest rating shows for that channel.

I know we're getting them, I just want them to show them properly. grrrr.

12. Bullet_Girl

Bullet_Girl Coroner

hahaha....I'm from australia too......I'll write to them as soon as I get my music videos sent to marg helgenberger and Jorja fox ;) I am seriously gonna do that, my vids are on www.youtube.com and my username is csiobsessive, the video 'addicted' was my first ever one :)

13. Bullet_Girl

Bullet_Girl Coroner

I love that! sooo funny! It was in your siggy actually, but I like it :D

14. tiara4carmine

Grissoms_Angel- yes, that's how we'd all like him
    :devil: :devil: :devil:

15. Bullet_Girl

Bullet_Girl Coroner

hehehehe..........I'll be putting that in one of my banners soon :D
    OMG......I just realised something about my new siggy banner....but I can't say it on here or I'll probably get blocked XD