C/S oneshot. "Step into my office, baby."

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Roosey, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Roosey

Roosey Captain

Based on the song Step into my office, baby by Belle & Sebastian. I don't own the song.

--------------------------

Sara listened to the song on her iPod. And the song described what just happened today.

She called me up today
    Meet me down at the old cafe
    I jumped into the shower
    I was getting my marching orders
    We need to talk
    Step into my office, baby
    I want to give you the job
    A chance of overtime
    Say, my place at nine?

Catherine called her today, she wanted to give her the job as her assistent. Sara really wanted the job, because she got to work more in the field, and of course she was next to Catherine the whole day. She really wanted the last thing. She had a crush on Catherine for almost 3 years.

She'd never stand for any lies
    She's got an Out Tray full of guys
    I could sense a breath, a whole new feeling
    Now she says she wants to call a meeting
    We need to talk
    Step into my office, baby
    I want to give you the job
    A chance of overtime
    Say, my place at nine?
    I'm a slave to work
    I'm only living when I walk amongst the office staff

Sara had always been a slave to her work. She loved her work. She was driving to the old cafe, in the middle of Vegas. It had always been her favorite cafe, and Catherine knew that.

And catch up with the office wag
    I'll be in bed by nine
    My curtains drawn
    My thoughts composed
    I get to work on time
    She gave me some dictation
    But my strength is in administration
    I took down all she said
    I even took down her little red dress
    We need to talk

When Sara and Catherine had talked in the cafe about the new job, and Catherine had asked about any possible complications in the job, Sara confessed her crush. And luckily the crush was mutual.

2. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

Yeah a fic song, that's always nice to see some!

Sissi :D

3. Roosey

Roosey Captain

Re: C/S. "Step into my office, baby."

Okay, because someone asked to continue the story, I will.

----

Chapter One.

It's been six months since the day Sara got the job. She had a great time working under Catherine, their friendship was good, and they didn't have any fights. Sara never stopped being in love with Catherine, but it seemed Catherine stopped being in love with Sara. Sara thought it was rather strange, so she decided to ask Catherine. It wasn't something she'd do, normally, but Sara wanted some confirmation. The confirmation that Catherine was still in love with Sara, or not, of course.

Sara thought of all possible ways why Catherine didn't pay any attention to Sara, sexually, despite she knew that Sara loved her too. Maybe she had problems with her teenage daughter Lindsey? Maybe she missed Eddie, her dead ex-husband? Anyway, Sara decided to ask Catherine.

Sara stepped into Catherine's office. Catherine was on the phone, and she looked rather angry. She looked like if she wanted to say: 'Could you please go away for just this one f*cking moment, Sara?'

Sara understood her look, and she walked, with a disappointed look on her face, to the breakroom. She met Greg there, and he looked curious.

-to be continued~sorry for small chap, CSI's on! :D-

4. Miss_Undercover

Miss_Undercover Judge

TThe song is great ! ;)

And the begin of your fanfic is nice. I like it ! :)

And I can't wait to read the next chapter....

5. sissi59100

sissi59100 CSI Level Three

Wonderful first chapter, MORE MORE!!!

Sissi :D

6. Roosey

Roosey Captain

Here's the next chappie; [I'm watching ER, while reading this, so I'm a little distracted.]

-----------

Chapter Two

"What's wrong, Greg?", Sara asked. She wanted to know why he had that look of curiosity on his face. It scared her. It seemed like his eyes were staring through her body. Like he knew what was going on inside her, what she thought about Catherine, how she was attracted to her.

But probably he couldn't. "You look so sad, Sara. Can I help you?" He asked, with a look of pity on his face. He really meant it. That wasn't Greg at all. He always was the guy who was making jokes out of everything.

"Nah, there's nothing wrong, thanks." She tried to hide her sadness about the whole thing with Catherine, but it didn't work out.

"There is, Sara. You don't look sad for nothing, right?", Greg Sanders asked. He placed his hand on her shoulder.

Sara really wanted Catherine to do the same thing. Just placing her hand on her shoulder would be enough. It would be enough to get Sara happy again. She thought it was really sweet of Greg to be concerned about her, though.

"Hmm, yeah. You're right."

"Then what is it?"

"Greg, it's something private. You're probably not interested in my sucking, dull private life, so just mind your own business." Sara got scared of herself. Why was she so rude?

Greg looked offensed. "Okay...", he said.

"Sorry for being so rude to you, Greg. Maybe your Hawaiian Blue can make me a bit happy?", Sara smiled.

Someone walked into the break room, Sara could hear it from the steps. She turned around to see the person, but she already was too late. The person was standing in front of her. It was Catherine.

Sara smiled when she saw the strawberry blonde, standing in front of her. "Hey, Cath."

Catherine smiled back. Her smile was so gorgeous. Her teeth were so white, her lips were so beautiful. Sara just wanted to touch her hair and feel how soft it was.

"Sara, did you want to talk to me, when you just stepped into my office, ten minutes ago?"

"Uhm, yeah."

The butterflies were flying in Sara's stomach, when she thought that she could finally ask Catherine if she was still in love with Sara. She hoped Catherine was.

"Come to my office, then..", Catherine pointed at her office, when she winked at Sara.

Sara stood up and she had a final look at Greg. He looked curious, just like he did ten minutes ago. She still didn't like the look.

"Sit down."

Sara sat down and she had a look at the gorgeous blonde. She had some thoughts, but she woke up out of her daydreaming because of Catherine's voice. The sexy voice.

"What is it, Sara?"

This was the moment. The moment that she could finally ask Catherine.

"Uhm, you remember when we were sitting in the old café?"

- To Be Continued. -

7. saras_girlfriend

saras_girlfriend Coroner

A good start :) I wonder where it's going

8. Miss_Undercover

Miss_Undercover Judge

Oh,I see the next capter... :eek:

Really interested. Give plaese more of your words... ;)

9. Roosey

Roosey Captain

Here's next chappie, sorry for the delay.

-----------

Chapter Three

Catherine looked at Sara, a little confused.

"Of course I do.. why would I forget? That's the place where I gave you the job, Sara."

This was what Sara already had expected. That Catherine didn't love her anymore.

"Well, actually..."

Catherine looked surprised. "Oooh, you mean that, Sara. Yeah, I do", she said.

Sara thought about what she was going to say now. She had got herself into real trouble. Should she ask why Catherine hadn't paid any attention to Sara, sexually? Or.. she really didn't know. Sara didn't say anything.

After a minute, Catherine wanted to make clear what Sara's intentions were. "Sara, what do you want to say, with the 'do you remember we were sitting in the old café?'-thing?"

"Well, you know we confessed our crushes...", Sara stopped for a moment, to think about how to continue the scentence. "I just wondered why we didn't do anything with it."

"I understand, Sara", Catherine said. "I still love you, though."

Sara felt very happy. Yay, Catherine still loved her. Now they could do loads of things together..

But Catherine continued. "The only problem is.."

Sara's happiness immediately went away. Problems?!

"..Lindsey. I think she won't like it when she discovers her mother is with another woman."

Sara nodded. "I understand."

Catherine seemed to feel Sara's sadness, so she walked towards her, and she hugged her. "It will all be good, Sara."

Sara liked the feeling of Catherine hugging her. She wanted this hug to last forever. She could spend her whole life hugging Catherine.

Sara and Catherine hugged for almost five minutes, when Greg came in.

-To Be Continued-