Buckley: There Are Layers To What's Behind The Mask

CSI Files

Captain
Sometimes it pays to be yourself.<p><font color=yellow>AJ Buckley</font> (Adam Ross) started out with a recurring role on <I>CSI: New York</I> before being offered a five-year contract at the end of the third season. When he tried out for the part, he channelled his own anxiety into the audition. "I was so nervous that I was kind of jumpy," Buckley told <A class="link" HREF="http://www.canada.com/">Canada.com</a>, "so I had to use that and brought it to the character and they loved it." The actor described Adam as a "fun-loving guy" who "loves his job" and likes to make his colleagues in the crime lab laugh.<p>"I'm a pretty easygoing guy; always cracking jokes and having a good time and the fact that Adam isn't dark and brooding makes it a lot more fun to show up and work," Buckley shared. However, there might be darker times ahead for the scientist. "(The writers) want to go into Adam's storyline pretty heavily and it's exciting every time you open a script," he revealed. "There are layers to what's behind the mask of Adam, what really makes him hurt."<p>"The scientific dialogue can get really hard," Buckley said, and being dyslexic makes it more difficult. "It can become a big wash of nothing and you have to try and make sense of it." However, Buckley appreciates the challenge. "Technically it's improved me as an actor, being aware of having to do five or six things while doing this tricky dialogue, and then having to be funny on top of that," he explained.<p>When he got the role on <I>New York</I>, Buckley had $36 in the bank and was sleeping on a friend's couch. Several years later, the actor has a steady role and a steady paycheck. "I'm just really thankful, especially nowadays, that I have a job and I can put groceries in the fridge," Buckley said. He added, "I'm doing what I love. I'm pretty f--ing lucky."<p>The original interview is from <A class="link" HREF="http://www.canada.com/topics/entertainment/television/story.html?id=1219194">Canada.com</a>.<center></center>

Awwwww AJ is soo awesome and adorable :adore:

Ooooh 'dark times ahead' sounds interesting.

I'm glad he's finally gonna hopefully get some character development. I look forward to seeing where they go with Adam :).

I like that the writers want to delve into his story - that sounds promising. :D (Rather than it just being us wishing they'd do it. :p)

And yes, AJ is definitely awesome and adorable - he seems like a really cool guy, and that makes me like the character even more. :D

I like that the writers want to delve into his story - that sounds promising. :D (Rather than it just being us wishing they'd do it. :p)
yes it does I hope they can dedicate atleast an eppy to Adam's character. Giving him more well deserved screen time. I've always liked Adam -- he's such a cool funny guys, and AJ is too :) so that makes me like the character more.

Back