Bring back Peyton(Claire Forlani)

dbare

Civilian
I really miss seeing Claire Forlani on the show. I hope she will be able to comeback in the Future. Does anyone know the reason she left CSI: NY or did the writer just decide not to have her come back? She is a great actress and her character was good with MAC.

I suspect she was nothing more than a piece in a story arch showing that Mac was making forward progress in his life in the wake of his wife's death. With that accomplished, her limited purpose has been served. I did like the character and the actress very much though. It'd be great to see her return, but from a dramatic perspective, she's no longer necessary for Mac's development.

MrsGiovinazzo said:
I suspect she was nothing more than a piece in a story arch showing that Mac was making forward progress in his life in the wake of his wife's death. With that accomplished, her limited purpose has been served. I did like the character and the actress very much though. It'd be great to see her return, but from a dramatic perspective, she's no longer necessary for Mac's development.

I agree on all fronts. I loved her on the show, and it was great to see her open Mac up. And she did while she was there (though arguably he's just as emotionally stunted as before :lol: ). I agree that she served her purpose in a sense, but I also wouldn't mind seeing her back on the show because Claire Forlani is a great actress and I really enjoyed the character.

I loved Claire, it was bloody wonderful to see somebody on CSI from my home :D
i dont live too far away from where she grew up,we even went to the same school,just a few years apart...

I'm an unapologetic Peyton fan :) and I enjoyed she and Mac together, she brought some things out in him that we normally wouldn't have seen, him being such an introverted character, for the most part.

But I wholly agree with MrsG, the writers brought Peyton in to serve a very specific purpose, and her role is no longer needed. Much as I'd love to see her return, sadly I don't think that will happen, unless they pull a fast one and bring her back for sweeps sometime, for a one-shot guest appearance or something. As it is, she stayed several eps longer than her original 3-4 episode arc.

Well, I agree with MrsG and Top that Peyton has served her purpose of adding to Mac's character. She wasn't that big of a role anyway -- in the episodes she was in, she only talked to Mac and was concerned only of Mac.

Her part of the story was ended gracefully.

I agree aswell! I think if she had of stayed I don't think that this season would have been as good. Don't get me wrong I loved Peyton/Claire and what she did for Mac's characrter but it would have got a bit boring if she had stayed and plus less Peyton=more Sid :D

I also liked the way she left (letter) because it could have easily turned into a soap!

^Oh yeah, that was a nice pinch of emotion in Mac's stoic storyline. Not to mention it's not just an addition to Mac's character -- it also added in the friendship dynamic between Mac and Stella.

She`s extremelly beautiful and it was cool seing her on and on. Unfortunatelly i doubt she`ll be back...

nattybatty55 said:
I agree aswell! I think if she had of stayed I don't think that this season would have been as good. Don't get me wrong I loved Peyton/Claire and what she did for Mac's characrter but it would have got a bit boring if she had stayed and plus less Peyton=more Sid :D

I also liked the way she left (letter) because it could have easily turned into a soap!

See I agree I think if she had stayed it would have become a little boring.

I liked the character to begin with and as you say the dynamic between her and Mac was great but for some reason half way through Silent Night they seem to have removed her back bone. Plus in the finale the whole scene with the airline ticket just anoyed me. None of this was Claire's fault but the writers did seem to make her character a bit weaker from that episode onwards. I prefered the woman that stood up for herself and broke it off with him at the begining of Silent Night rather than the emotional wreck she was at the end of the ep. To me she would have wanted more than a few words and a hug from him before she fell crying into his arms. (Not that I blame her mind you.. :devil: )

As for breaking up by mail. Well it bugged me a little to begin with because I thought it detracted from the character but I agree with Nattys comment if they had done it another way it could have been a little soapy....

As Chaostheory said it did give us a nice little emotional jolt to Mac's character and a very nice moment of friendship between Mac and Stella.

Claire was good in the show but I think they went as far as they could with the relationship. Mind you if they did bring her back it could make for some good awkward moments between Mac and Peyton and some nice bits of conflict between her and Stella.

Back