Blue Bloods

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Desertwind, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

WOW:wtf: Great series, so good to see Tom Selleck back doing a new show. The one who really stood out in this was Donnie Walhberg, as his son. He was fantastic. A kidnapped girl, and the digging and sifting finding out who and where she was. How they did find her? It was re-run this again last night. For those who haven't seen this, please do, it was really good:bolian:

2. kaybee988

kaybee988 Witness

I agree it was a really strong pilot. I loved seeing Will Estes too since I love him from American Dreams :D

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I liked the show too. I know it wasn't right for a cop to do with Donnie's character, Danny did, but I loved when he did the swirly thing with the suspect. :lol:

I'm not sure I like the storyline with Will Estes' character (with the going undercover to catch the dirty cops deal that his other brother was doing that got him killed)... it makes me a little nervous for him, but it should be interesting anyway.

The Grandfather looks familiar to me, but I can't place him. :lol:

4. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I watched it last night and I think it is so good! It's a breath of fresh air since I watch a lot of crime dramas solving crimes using science. I like it. It's old-school and realistic. I like the family dinner scene. I think it is funny that everybody almost walked out except Frank and his father. They seem to don't care and continue eating! :lol: I actually like that Jamie will continue his dead brother's work. It gave me another reason to stick around and find out how it wil play out.

5. Desertwind

6. GregNickRyanFan

LOL, that was funny. Their bickering was like a lot of siblings' bickering. Loved the whole "screw you!", "no, screw you!" LMAO!

Thanks, Desertwind. I couldn't recall his name. I'm gonna look him up on imdb and see what else he's been in that I would recognize him from. :)

Edited to say: I looked him up. The reason he looks so familiar is because he was on CSI: LV as the guy who was Keppler's almost father-in-law.

7. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Blue Bloods definitely had a strong first episode. I watched it with my parents, and I think we'll be watching it together next week. It's nice to see a show that films in NYC, too - it really contrasts with a show like CSI:NY that takes place in New York but doesn't film there.

I'm really curious about the Blue Templar thing. When Danny was getting his gun out of the safe in the beginning, he had one of those Templar pins in there (and they zoomed in on it so we wouldn't miss it, I guess :lol:). I took screencaps to make sure: click for comparison - it's definitely the same pin.

I'm curious if it's going to turn out that he's part of the group, or if there's more to the story. I guess we'll see!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  8. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

We DVRd it and just watched it tonight. I had to go back to the beginning after it was over to make sure it was the same pin. I'm definitely curious about Danny's involvement, too, especially since they allegedly killed the third brother.

9. Desertwind

The Reagans weigh the pros and cons of vigilantism whn a man takes action agains a criminal

TV Guide Sep.27-Oct.3~

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I'm wondering how long I'm gonna stick with this show. I'm really not into all of the family discussions where they beat you over the head with the Big Damn Morals and obvious Controversial Issue of the Week. I get that they need to have tension in the family and show that the daughter is not always on the same side as the cops in the family. It's just that they're so heavy handed about it.

11. kaybee988

kaybee988 Witness

I liked the family scenes more than the action scenes actually. I'll stick with this show for a while I think.

12. GregNickRyanFan

I really like that the whole family gets together for dinner even though some of them don't live in the same house. However, I do wish they'd stop talking so much about their jobs around the table. :lol:

13. Desertwind

From the TV Guide, about this show~

THREE THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THIS FAMILY COP DRAMA

1 Norman Rockwell's Iconic Thanksgiving dinner illustration, inspired exec. producer Leonard Goldberg:"I thought about my favorite genres-the police procedural and a family show, then, I went I saw that famous Thanksgiving image, and I thought, "That's gotta be a show, because whatever we do for a living, we all sit down to a family dinner and then the noise starts"

2 Tom Selleck, who plays the patriarch and top cop Frank Reagan, is a great dad-on and off the set. "Frank lets his kids march to a different drum, and Tom is the same", says Donnie Wahlberg, also with Bridget Moynahan & Will Estes, who plays his other son Danny. "He doesn't judge us"

3 Frank is different from Selleck's other CBS cop Jesse Stone, [a 7th installment of the movie series has been filmed, but not yet scheduled] "Technically they're both police chief's, Selleck says. "But Jesse's a bit of a mess, a small town cop, who makes up his own rules. [Blue Bloods] police commissioner in New York City is a lot different. he's thoughtful and diplomatic..but with a temper"

14. Callousmusik

Callousmusik Victim

Blue bloods is quickly becoming in my "Weekly Watches". I only watch so many shows when they air on TV. Most I watch off my laptop ;)

15. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

I got a little confused at the dinner table scene, trying to figure out who the kids were, the older blonde, etc.. As long as they don't flood the show with new characters every week ala The Wire, it looks pretty good.