Bill Haynes Exits 'CSI: NY'

CSI Files

Captain
Bill Haynes*is leaving CSI: NY*after eight seasons with the show. A former criminalist in the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s office, Haynes got his start in Hollywood working as a technical consultant during New York‘s first season. In Season Two, Haynes moved up to technical advisor before settling in co-producer/producer capacities. With fifteen writing credits to [...]

More...

I'm curious about the budget situation, but I doubt this move in particular has anything to do with that. He's been with the show for eight years, and now he's moving on to a series that not only offers something a bit different, but also has the potential to be around for several more years at least (while CSI:NY's fate is always up in the air lately). It makes sense if he wants a change of scenery, and it might leave him in a more stable situation this time next year.

ITA with Faylinn. Bill's leaving, but he'll be working with someone he knows and is comfortable with, since Peter Lenkov left CSI: NY to work on Hawaii Five-0. Good luck to him! :)

I think if this is about budget cuts, the new writers would have been let go of first. But we really don't know if he's the first (and only one to go) so... But good for him. Nice plan B. I hope the cast stays intact.

Hawaii Five-0 sucks anyway. :) It's just lucky CBS is treating it like a king, for now.

I think if this is about budget cuts, the new writers would have been let go of first. But we really don't know if he's the first (and only one to go) so... But good for him. Nice plan B. I hope the cast stays intact.

Hawaii Five-0 sucks anyway. :) It's just lucky CBS is treating it like a king, for now.

From AJ's tweet, it sounds like he, Carmine and Hill are back for sure and of course, Gary.

I assume the cast is still intact since they showed them in the last scene of the episode.

That's great! And I think Sela is staying because I read that she's signed up for three seasons. Next season's going to be her third.

Back