Best/Worst Airports

Interesting article
I've been to a few of the one's on the HATE list
I agree with London/Hethrow is a disaster
so is Paris, no one is very helpful

and the Seattle/Tacoma International Airport just got redone with a new terminal and lots of new shops and restaurants and a place for kids to play
I like the Vancouver airport too, that one was just redone also

Yay for Vancouver being on the list! We have the best airport out of all the places in Canada :D. We have an awesome duty free shop & a nice food court as well.

Munich is very nice to. That's the aiport I landed in when I began my travels throughout Europe. If you're stuck you can do some shopping.

I dont really like the Vancouver airport...it smells weird.

I like the calgary air port! I remember when i was little i used to have so much fun playing in the big fake airplanes <3

I'll second what jorja said- Yay for Vancouver airport! :D
Jared and Jensen sing it's praises too :lol: (those who've watched the Supernatural commentary will know what I mean ;))

Of the worst list... I've been to Heathrow, like, 7 years ago. I remember walking a long time to get to our gate....I've also been through LaGuardia and JFK. I don't remember them being that bad. Maybe I'm just more concerned with the flight and not the airport seeing as I'm not a big fan of flying :p

I've flown out of SeaTac tons of times and it's quite a nice airport too. The new food court and shops are great!

i agree Amsterdam is cool. i've spent some good quality time there, believe me ;) i like it so much better than for example airport in Kopenhagen or most in the US. i completely HATE the airport in Atlanta; Memphis is a bit better, but i still don't like it. Salt Lake City is a lot better, and i LOVE Boise for their free and working, wireless internet, which is something you WON'T get in Memphis or Salt Lake, and in Europe you gotta pay. the airport in Houston is normal, i haven't spent much time there, so i can't really say.

^^^Adzix, what are you doing in Boise?
I'm not that far from there, and have you been to the Seattle airport?

Salt Lake was a nightmare, but I had two small kids with me the last time I was there, about 31/2 years ago

I forgot, my husband and I love the Montreal airport everyone is so friendly and not everyone speaks French which is nice when you from Seattle to Montreal--we all know how we get when we travel :)

:lol: at the guy who said that the airport in RI is good. It's so boring. The food court is always closed, there's one restaurant that basically only serves breakfast & all the stores close at like 9 PM. But that's what we get in the smallest state I guess :lol:

My favorite airports that I've been to are Orlando, Phoenix & one in Tennessee that I can't remember the name of because I was so young. I just remember I liked it :)

^^^Adzix, what are you doing in Boise?
oh, i was there in april, i had my college athletic conference. it's gonna be there next year too, so i'll be coming around April as well :)

and no, i haven't been to Seattle unfortunately.
I forgot, my husband and I love the Montreal airport everyone is so friendly and not everyone speaks French which is nice when you from Seattle to Montreal--we all know how we get when we travel
lol, yeah, my roommate is from Montreal, and i wouldn't trade her for ANYbody ;)

I live in South Africa and I have to say that I think most of the airports that we have here, are absolute rubbish compared to european airports.

We travel to Denmark each year to visit my family so I get to see alot of airports. Heathrow has alot of shops, which is good when you ahve to wait for a long time, but I agree with the whole getting lost bit.

BUT, compare Heathrow to alot of the airports here and you ahve a travellers HEAVEN! The airports are dirty, you have to walk around in the freezing cold (do it every year just to move from one terminal to the other). Our bags get lost. They aren't kind, because if you have a complaint or just want the answer to the question, they brush it aside. Only once or twice ahve I come across nice people.

But this may just be my opinion when it comes to SA because most things aren't that great here anyways.

I never flown before, but I've been to schiphol in Amsterdam a lot to watch airplanes... It's very cool there.
Yeeh Holland! :lol:

Hong Kong's airport is nice (hehe, i live in Hong Kong) i guess i like HK's airport, cuz it's huge... i have a really weird liking of large places, just because i love to walk around.. talk about getting a job in the airport.. It's my dream. Downside is the travelling time since the Hong Kong airport is just TOO far away from the city centre! Extra stuff, there's at least 3 or 4 Starbucks around, and the one and only Burger King in Hong Kong (lol).

I like the Vancouver airport too and Calgary's not bad either..

bad airports: Sanya (on Hainan Island China) and Heathrow

I didn't have any troubles at Heathrow. Yeah it's large (umm... like the busiest in the world :rolleyes: it has to be big) and as long as you know what terminal you have to be - it's easy. I mean, as long as you can read. JMO.

JFK. Oh sweetness what hell it was! It was April when we were there... and I swear the queues moved so slowly because they were fingerpriting those who came with visa... and temp was probably +30 (if not more) outside and then announcements... speakers were crappy that you couldn't really (as a slow Finn :p) understand what was said.
Stupid place. So much worse compared to Heathrow.

So... I don't have much experience from airports except our Helsinki-Vantaa is nice and simple - so is Oslo's Gardermoen (as long as you don't have to change the flight there in 10mins and they've closed those upper doors :rolleyes: )
Arlanda (Stockholm) is really beatiful too, but I think lots of walking (at least when you change a flight. I guess it always depends)... I mean, I was there, I just walked and walked and walked and didn't see people like for 5mins :lol: Then all sudden there was passport control :p

Munich airport is really nice and so big.
The last time I was there, was at the end of September. They have friendly staff there who explains you everything you want to know. And while you are waiting for your gate to open, you have the possibility to choose several magazines which you can read, you can drink coffee and tea for free as much as you want, and I really liked the design from the inside.

But I can't undestand why they hate "Heathrow, London"?? Well, I like this airport. It's cool, you can meet nice people there ;) and it's so huge. You can watch so many airplanes on the runways.
I had no problems there, everything went well. The shops there are expensive, but hey, tell what is not expensive nowadays?? :)

Back