Beijing 2008 Olympic Games.

The hungarian weighlifter made me have to look away from the screen. That looked incredibly painful and to happen knowing people all over the world are seeing you suffering :(

High jump was a surprise. Blanka Vasic second!:eek:
Yes, I was very surprised by that! :eek: I lost my bet to my family that she'd definitely win gold... I guess we can never really predict these kinds of things, which happens to be a good thing, really. This way, we always have OMG's, there are always athletes getting better and better.

I enjoyed the Olympics. I always enjoy the competition itself and just the athmosphere. Congratulations everyone.

Good thing I try not to think much about my country's medals. Or else I'd be quite disappointed each day. But YAY, big achievement, Portugal got the 4th gold medal ever. :D Not on these Games, but ever since the Modern Games started. It is a big deal for us :lol: Congratulations Nelson Evora (triple jump)! Also, we got a silver medal on triathlon, congratulations Vanessa Fernandes. And that's it. There's really no way I could loose myself on the counting.

Portugal got the 4th gold medal ever. :D Not on these Games, but ever since the Modern Games started. It is a big deal for us :lol: Congratulations Nelson Evora (triple jump)

I was a little miffed at the triple jump result.

If ever Team GB were a dead cert for a gold medal in Track & Field....Phillips Idowu in the triple jump was it but he had to settle for Silver.

Altough I guess we should be happy with our 19 other golds if that was p
Portugals one and only gold lol

I was a little miffed at the triple jump result.

Altough I guess we should be happy with our 19 other golds if that was p
Portugals one and only gold lol
Yes, that is a good way to see things ;):p This one gold means a lot to us, as a country, and more than it probably means to you, because it doesn't really make that much of a difference in your medal ranking.

There has been interviews and special footage of Nelson every day now, actually. I feel bad that he has to answer the same questions more than once. :lol:

We're normally better in the Paralympic Games, though. I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of our athletes.

Back