BASEBALL

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Charisma, Jul 24, 2005.

?

Which TV network will you spend the most time watching this fall?

1. The CW

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. NBC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ABC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. CBS

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Fox

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other (Cable network, don't watch traditional tv, ect.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brassfan24

brassfan24 Pathologist

YAY!!!! :D Yankees beat the Jays 5-0. But Boston won too :mad: so were still only a game up on them.

2. Charisma

Charisma Coroner

hahahaha this is what i thought of when Bochy didnt know who else to put as a pitcher that night..

Boch: anyone else know how to pitch?
    Burroughs: i was a pretty darn good pitcher back in little league..
    Boch: that works.

HAHAHAHA

padres are beating the d-backs right now!!! WHOOP WHOOP! our magic number is 7....i think. lol

3. Exit 8A

Exit 8A Pathologist

Wow, I am not the only Yankee fan on this board? I can't believe that they are in first after all the problems they have had this year. Although who would imagined that their most valuable additions to the team would have been Shawn Chacon, Aaron Small, and Chien-Ming Wang?

4. brassfan24

brassfan24 Pathologist

I know I never thought Aaron Small would be 9-0. And never thought that Shawn Chacon and Chien-Ming Wang would be pitching as well as they are. I mean Chacon was 1-7 when he came to the Yankees. I thought what is Steinbrenner thinking bring in a pitcher with that kind of record, but he's turned out to be an asset not a liability. GO YANKEES!!! :D

5. Exit 8A

Exit 8A Pathologist

The thing with Chacon was that he tried using the breaking ball when he was with the Rockies, and breaking ball pitchers get roughed up at Coors Field because the ball seems to hang too much there. Now that he is more at sea level, his pitches can become more effective.

Oh, and has anyone been to this website? Red Sox fans, you are not alone in hating Tim McCarver, we Yankee fans hate the dumbass too. McCarver used to do the TV broadcasts for Yankees games, and I think the reason why Steinbrenner hired him for that is so people would go to the game to avoid hearing the annoying prick's voice. Many of us, during playoff time, listen to the WCBS radio broadcast while watching the muted FOX TV broadcast to avoid hearing him.

6. Charisma

Charisma Coroner

pads lost. DAMN AKINORI OTSUKA..or should i say otSUCKa

okay...i really dislike him. he blows the game a lot! UGHHH

7. csinut

csinut Lab Technician

Who says that Yankee and Red Sox fans don't have anything in common...Tim McCarver is sooo obnoxious! We mute the FOX broadcast and have the WEEI broadcast on during the playoffs. It should be a VERY interesting week you guys. But, I think it's going to come down to next weekend when we face each other. ;) Honestly, I wouldn't want it any other way! :devil:

8. brassfan24

brassfan24 Pathologist

So true csinut what a way to end the season. With the two biggest rivals in baseball history facing off. But I just have to say that the Yankees are gonna kick the Red Sox ass!!!!!!! :devil: Well I had to say that being a die hard Yankees fan and all. :D

9. Hummer

Hummer Lab Technician

I'm for the ATLANTA BRAVES.
    GO BRAVES!!!
    My favorite player is Chipper Jones, of course the rest of the team is great.

10. Charisma

Charisma Coroner

padres lost. come onnn. we need to like..beat the giants. like..WE HAVE TOOOO!!!!!

i cant wait for friday and saturday! i get to see//meet my lover MARK SWEENEY<3333

11. csinut

csinut Lab Technician

:lol: We'll see about that.. although, I do have to give the Yankees credit. They've played awesome the past two months, when it really counts, while the Red Sox have stunk the joint out! :p

12. oceanbirch

oceanbirch CSI Level Two

The Padres cannot blow their lead to the Giants. I will be so disappointed if the Giants pull this big comeback off.

13. Charisma

Charisma Coroner

its currently the bottom of the 6th....9-6 padres!!!!

Ramon Hernandez hit a GRAND SLAM HOME RUN in the 4th!!!!

it was AWESOME!

14. Exit 8A

Exit 8A Pathologist

Uugh, Yankees lost tonight, and badly too. Then again, so did every team vying for an AL playoff spot, well, the ones that matter to the Yankees, anyway. Hopefully that will get it out of their system.

I should soon set up my computer to play radio broadcasts of the playoff games, especially the World Series. If the Yankees don't make it, I won't know what radio station to tune into so I can mute McCarver. I believe there are two types of people: Those who hate Tim McCarver, and those who don't watch baseball.

15. Charisma

Charisma Coroner

PADRES WON!!!!!

one more win and WE WIN THE NL WEST!!!!!!!

if we win tomorrow, the last series against the Dodgers really wont matter anymore. OH WELL IM STILL GOING!!! lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.