Athletics EC Göteborg

Ducky

Master of the Moos
Ah, another reason to be glued on sofa for a week ;)

Anyone else watching. Men's javelin will be exciting :D
And me sad that Eunice Barber injured herself :( Only one who could have kicked Klüft's ass :(

I was planning to go there to see the games live but... problems got in my way :/

Yeah, did she injure herself? That sucks, cause yeah, I agree with you she could have kicked Klüft's ass..

I hope the dutch will win a lot of medals. :D

^I think Rutger will get one in shot put ;)

Yeah, I just read she had injury in her leg. Man, she's been my fave for years :(

How ironic this thread appears today...I said to my Mum at dinner "is there anything good on the TV tonight for you?". My Mum responds "No, it's nothing but bloody athletics all week" :lol:

Though good luck to all the competitors :) I might try and catch some of the more interesting events :p

Poor Rutger :( to be 4th is hard. Man, I hate that Olsen!

Ooo...Norwegian ran so well in women's 10000m :D I was cheering for her so Russians wouldn't get all medals.

One Finn got in men's high jump final :D

Men's javelin... Wirkkala (the bald finn) didn't get into final :( he was 13th. It sucks. I've known him my whole life and his family and they are great. Ah well, he is still young :D

Ah, got our first (and the only) medal yesterday :D from men's javelin. Men's hammer... OP threw quite well but he doesn't have nerves in final :p

I was so happy that in men's 100m that Slovianian guy got medal.. and that Kim Gevert won :D

And Zelezny still got a medal. He is such a great athlete.

Before someone whines about the double post, dude, it's been two days :p

WE FRIGGING GOT GOLD YESTERDAY! WOOOFUCKINGHOOOOOO!
Men's 3000m Steeples :D
We screamed so hard last 400-300m when our guy started to catch up :D
I was so excited yesterday!

And Belgium got two medals, part of me was happy that Bergqvist didn't win women's high jump, because Swedes have thought it's so obvious that she wins. Hellebaut was my fave already when she still did Hepathlon :D

Congrats, Ducky. Simon Vroemen didn't participate in the steeple run, because he was sick.

And I was happy for Belgium. :)

Those bloody Swedes btw played the wrong national anthem :eek: They played Estonia's version when Jukka got her gold medal.

Yeah, Vroeman had foodpoisoning (those happen quite often ;) )

Oh, gold was so close today also with men's hammer :D too bad OP's last throw, he slided over the rink. Oh how badly he swore there but silver is great :D At least he beated Devyatovsky, who is #1 in the world in men's hammer at the moment.

women's javelin: Yeah, Steffi Nerius won a gold medal!! :eek: At the beginning I thought the woman from Czech Republic will win, but in the end Steffi made it.

And the results from Pole Vault Men say that Tim Lobinger won silver!! :)

Congratulations to both :)

Oh steffi won :eek: I never saw the end, when I was watching, the Czech woman was leading. Steffi is great, glad she won :D

Our guy was 4th in men's pole vault :eek: I am shocked! If he passed 550 at first attemp, he'd got bronze. Holmen was 7th in marathon :)

Men's 800m. Yay at Bram Som, but I felt that Sam Ellish should have been disqualified :| There was contact but it was plain rude to push Milkevich that way.

Back