Army Wives

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Kimbo08, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I've been watching since the beginning and I love it!:thumbsup: I was just wondering if anybody else enjoyed the show! My favorite characters would have to be Roland and Roxy. And Pamela and Trevor! And Claudia Joy and General Holdan! Oh and Joan! Everyone but Denise...:shifty:

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I love this show! Trevor & Roxy are my faves. I can't stand Denise's husband Frank. He's a butthead. :lol: He seems to want to control her and now that she sought interest in someone else, he's blaming everything on her. He's too egotistical to see that he pushed her away with his nagging and need for control.

I loved when Michael went and punched that guy who assaulted his wife out. Haha. I knew he would do something at some point. I was just saying to the tv, "Go, Michael!" :lol:

The season opener made me boohoo when Amanda died. How sad! And did you notice that the guy playing Claudia Joy's father is the same guy that played Keppler's almost father-in-law (the guy who shot and killed Keppler) on CSI?

Trevor scared me a little though when Roxy dumped out all those pills. I thought he was gonna hit her for a minute there. :lol: I'm glad he didn't. I wouldn't want to end up disliking him. :lol: Loved that the thing that made him wake up was his boys backing away from him thinking he might hurt him. That's a wakeup call if there ever was one.

Funny that in one ep Pete from Smallville was playing an 18 year old again (in that one ep). :lol: That guy must be close to thirty by now (Tom Welling aka Clark is 31, if I recall). :lol:

3. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Yay! We agree! Frank is a total jerk. But that doesn't excuse Denise "cheating" with Denny.

Michael was great! He is one of my favorites! He knocked the guys straight on his butt for almost raping Claudia Joy! Loved it!

How do you feel about Denise?

4. GregNickRyanFan

Denise is just okay. Not totally against, but she's probably my least favorite of the wives. At least she pushed the guy away when he kissed her, though she did let it linger a bit and she should have pushed him away right away. Though I have to say, he was much hotter than her hubby... though that's not an excuse.

Wonder why this past Sunday's was a repeat. This coming Sunday is new.
    The tv guide says "A new wife arrives on the base." Hmm... I wonder who that'll be and how that'll turn out.

My mom doesn't like Frank either. :lol: I hated how he treated the kid even though the kid hit Denise. But, Denise told Frank it was settled and Frank just treated the kid like scum. Then when the drugs were found in his bag, Frank jumped to the conclusion that the kid was messing around with the stuff when that wasn't the case. I just don't like him. I wish they'd get rid of him. :lol: I know if I were her, I probably would have suggested marriage counseling a long damn time ago... and even individual counseling for Frank. He's got major anger issues. needs anger management. Personally, I think anger management should be required in all schools (may end some of the school violence we hear so much about on the news), but that's just me.

5. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

No I totally agrre about everything you've said. He was way hotter that her husband!haha. But Frank is so...ugh. Frustrating. If I wwas Denise, a seperation would have happened a long time ago. But I guess it helps the formula that not all the army husbands are sweet and nice. You have to show the jerk.

6. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

Ooh! I love Army Wives! :) I started watching because of one of my fave actors; Drew Fuller. :D He's such a good actor and so cute. Don't like the character of Denise though. She so.. well.. weird. :lol:

By the way, looove your icon, kimbo08. :)

7. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Oh thanks! I love yours too! So cute! fo_poozle makes some great banners and avatars. HAHA! Okie Dokie! I remember that!

Denise just seems so self centered to me. all the other army wives, including Roland, interact with each other but her. If it's not her son, it's her husband. If it's not her husband, it's her "cheating". I put cheating in quotes because I guess it depends on your personaly opinion. Is cheating considered kissing someone other than your spouse? Or is it something further than that? But that's another discussion. haha

My favorite character is Roland I have a mini crush on him and General Holdan AND Trevor. I don't really think Pamela's husband is that cute!

8. csiwendy07

csiwendy07 Dead on Arrival

I love the show.. but I hate what they've done to Frank and Denise! They were/still kinda are my favorite couple... If you can even call them a couple anymore. I really hope they don't split up, and Frank needs to stay away from Iraq for a little while!

9. GregNickRyanFan

Haha, that's the same reason I started watching the show. I missed the first couple of eps though. Didn't get to see Trev and Rox get together. Isn't he a cutie though? I know he's probably around my younger brother's age, but still... He's got really pretty eyes. I liked him as grown up Chris on Charmed and I like him on Army Wives. Also, he's in a movie with Jessica Simpson called "Blonde Ambition", but his character in that movie is a jerk. :lol: And he's also in one of the best movies I've seen in a really long time "The Ultimate Gift". It's just a beautiful story... and a very clean movie. I don't think there's even any cussing in it at all... and if there is, it's just minor like "damn" or "hell". It's partly sad too though. But, a very good story.

Anyway, yeah for Denise's sake, I was kind of hoping that the marriage counseling would work to her and Frank back on track... but, oh well...

Pamela's husband isn't bad looking when he's clean shaven. Not crazy about the facial hair on him though.

10. Marns

Marns CSI Level Two

He is really cute. And yes, very pretty eyes. :) First saw him in Charmed, and I loved him in that. He had cute hair there. (All guys should have hair like that. :lol: Nooo. Some guys would look bad.) Then I started to watch Army Wives because of him. After that I wanted to see more of him, and I bought Blonde Ambition. Which was allright. Didn't really like the movie, because of Jessica Simpson :lol:, but his performance was good. Loved how she thought he was a model, but he turned out to just be a handmodel. :lol: Haven't seen The Ultimate Gift though. It sounds cool. I'll watch it sometime.

11. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I'm really enjoying this show. I started watching because I saw that Catherine Bell was going to be in it, and I hadn't seen her in anything since JAG.

I haven't watched the second season yet - I have it all ready to go, but I liked Frank and Denise last season, so I'll be interested to see why he's changed so much.

That being said, for some reason I thought Roland and Denise would be good together - but maybe that's just me.

I have to say that I like most people in this show. I'm not sure I've come across any main character yet I really, really hate. Joan annoys me sometimes, but apart from that, it's all good.

And I remember Drew from Charmed too. It was so weird to see him with really short hair in this. LOL

12. GregNickRyanFan

Joan can be a little irritating sometimes. :lol: But, there is one character I really can't stand and that's the guy that wants Joan's job. He's such an @$$.

13. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

How do you guys find Joan annoying? I think she is amazing. One of my favorites. She shows alot of strength that the other women don't really seem to have.

14. GregNickRyanFan

I like her, but every once in a while she says or does something that bugs me. :lol: I can't think of any examples offhand, but it was mostly in the first season. Since she got pregnant, I started liking her more. :lol: the thing with the earrings was funny. I was cracking up when General Holden caught her wearing them to work. :lol:

15. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Yeah I know what you mean. She is more tolerable this season. Sometimes babies to that to people. :)