Are you/will you be watching S5 reruns?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by PerfectAnomaly, Jun 22, 2009.

?

Are you/will you be watching the S5 reruns?

1. Yes. I wouldn't miss an episode!

6 vote(s)
    17.1%
  2. When I have time I'll be watching.

10 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. If I don't have anything better to do I may catch an episode here and there.

17 vote(s)
    48.6%
  4. No way. I've got better things to do/watch.

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

We've had this poll in past seasons and I'm curious if there will be any change with the S5 reruns. I personally won't be watching. S5 was a big disappointment for me.

2. CdfSjaI

CdfSjaI Prime Suspect

This past season made me quite ambivalent. I hated a lot of things (such as this D/L stuff, and killing Angell). But some things were quite good. I enjoyed the Dunbrook arc, more team moments, and "Yahzreit" of course. I like rewatching episodes, I always find something new. Definitely not missing any reruns, even if this was a somewhat disappointing season.

3. Miyukiseta

Miyukiseta Rookie

I probably won't be watching the re-runs...unless it's Yahrzeit (so moving; made me cry throughout the whole ep):) or Pay Up (no "Angell-gone-to-the-angels" jokes please...it was sad enough:().

I would love to see Grounds For Deception again...can't wait to laugh myself to death...it was just so damn bad that I want to watch it again...:lol: Reverse psychology...:rolleyes:

-Miyukiseta;)

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I'm not watching repeats - but that's because I'm not watching very much TV at all right now. I was keeping up with so many shows during the season that I'm glad the season is over. I go through phases where I'm really into a show - or where trying to keep up with it becomes a chore (no matter how interesting the show might be). It's not NY specifically that makes me feel this way, just TV in general (especially when I watch a show on almost every night of the week).

So yeah, I'm not watching much television at all right now. My family has been renting a lot of movies lately, and my TV watching is pretty much limited to HGTV. When I do make time for TV, it's not for stuff I've already seen. I recently rented Firefly on DVD, and I've become a fan of that (the fact that it only had a single season is one reason I was willing to try it out - no commitment past that one season). My sisters and I are getting caught up with Heroes (Hulu's got the whole third season). Leverage starts up again next month (hopefully season 2 won't disappoint - shows tend to be hit or miss for me when they do a second season). Plus, I have episodes of shows I keep up with (Criminal Minds, Supernatural, etc) that I never watched last season - so that's probably something I'll do over the summer. It's definitely higher on my list of priorities than watching repeats of CSI:NY when I plan to buy the DVDs in a few months. ;)

*cough* Well... :p tl;dr version: No, I'm not watching repeats. I'm not even checking the nightly schedule. I'm enjoying the freedom from having to keep up with television shows over the hiatus - and contemplating which ones to drop when the fall inevitably rolls around again.

5. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

YES! multiple times!

6. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Now and then I will be. I want to catch "The Box" (which is rerunning tonight) again, and maybe an episode here and there, but by and large I use the summer as a time to catch up on cable shows/stuff I may have missed over the regular season.

7. Cyn-B-Demented

Cyn-B-Demented Police Officer

I'll be watching episodes here and there when I'll have time or if it was an episode I enjoyed. And I'm definitively catching the reruns on SpikeTV too! lol Yeah, CSI:NY addict...

Watched "The Box" last night! I was still overly grossed out when the man explain how he got the baby. And that cheestastic scene with Danny on the motorcycle... I'm sure it was meant to show Danny thinking about loosing his freedom with the baby situation but c'mon... could have been done a better way, no?!

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^I'm hoping my TiVO got it--I really want to see that one again.

The motorcycle scene was just dreadful--so cheesy and just... unnecessary. I didn't feel like it really reflected Danny, either... for some reason, I'd see him turning to someone like Flack or Mac rather than going off on his own and riding his bike through the city.

9. Cyn-B-Demented

Didn't thought if reflected Danny either :wtf:! But you know how they usually say that you feel free when you're on a motorcycle? And he was thinking about becoming a father (meaning loosing his freedom in a sense), etc. so it's the only purpose I see in that cheestastic scene! lol but it was badly done. Really. I would have prefer to see him confide in Flack too, telling him his concerns and his insecurity (because Lindsay made him feel bad again... AGAIN :shifty:)... Flack tried to help him after Ruben's death but I felt like Danny shut him off so maybe Danny was in the same state of mind again?

10. raymakay

raymakay Dead on Arrival

If I have nothing better to do I may watch an episode. There are a few episodes that it wouldn't matter how bored I was, watching them once was painful enough! But there were some really good eps that I would definitely re-watch. This was a really Hot/Cold season for me. I either loved or loathed most the episodes.

11. Cyn-B-Demented

^ Oh, I feel your pain, Raymakay, I feel your pain... lol

12. Robin

Robin Prime Suspect

If it's on and I'm able to watch, I probably will.

13. Remke79

Remke79 Witness

i will look, but here they starting again with season 2... i am waiting when they go on with season 5

14. Duke

Duke Witness

Well, they're showing it all over again every Tuesday here in the UK, so I guess if I'm home then I might tune in.

15. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i think i will too - i'll probably save them on my sky+ because there's so much weirdness over the dvd release!