Anna Belknap To Join The Cast Of 'CSI: New York'

CSI Files

Captain
anna_belknap.jpg
Actress <font color=yellow>Anna Belknap</font> was recently added to the cast of CSI: New York as a new series regular.

Belknap will portray Lindsey Hamilton, previously known as Summer Hamilton, a CSI from the Boise division in Idaho who has been recommended to join Mac's New York team. The character will first appear in the season two premiere "Summer in the City."

Fans may recognize Belknap from the short-lived NBC series Medical Investigation, in which she portrayed Eva Rossi. She also starred in the television series The Handler and Deadline, and has guest starred on Law and Order and Special Victims Unit. She is also recipient of the 2002 San Diego Theater Critics Circle Craig Noel Award for Outstanding Performance in the Globe Theaters' production of Pericles by <font color=yellow>William Shakespeare</font>.

Lindsey Hamilton has been described as an able CSI but a bit of a blabbermouth, and though the character was originally intended to be a blue-eyed blonde, that is most likely to change due to the actress's physical appearance. According to Variety, Belknap's contract with the show calls for her to start in a recurring role, to be added to the opening credits later.

Head over to Daily Variety (free subscription required) to read the original blurb.<center></center>

No, I don't know that for sure. It's just speculation. She might be a newbie in the first episode, but my guess is that her character was hired to replace Aidan.

(1) At least she's not blonde.
(2) At least they changed her name.

Methinks CBS has internet spies. :p

DNL perhaps? :lol:

I don't know whether I should be happy or sad.

On one hand, she's from Medical Investigation (which, as far as I know, was actually not cancelled), so I can't help but have a bias for liking her. Thank goodness TPTB changed her name, though.

On the other hand, I think that she'll be replacing Aiden, who I really don't want to see go. Or Flack, or Danny, or anyone else (except perhaps Chad and Jane). And I'm guessing that she might annoy some fans because of this. She might even annoy me, I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

She's not the sort of main female lead from Medical Investigation is she? Because she was one of the reasons I wasn't fussy on the show- very un-charismatic. I hope it's not the same woman.

I think the name of the lead actress in Medical Investigations is Kelli Williams. She was also in The Practice as Lindsay Dole (*sorry for going off topic*)

I saw Anna Belknap in the finale episode of "Without a Trace" last year. She was tremendous! What a great actress!
She was like a chameleon in that role. I hope she gets more amazing roles because she has the acting chops.. Wow I will be watching her in CSI NY for sure.

that's where I saw her from. I knew she was on WAT, but I couldn't remember what episode. Now I'm gonna miss Aiden, but I hope this new girl will be just as good or better.

I thought Anna Belknap ROCKED! I absolutely loved her!

I'll miss Aiden, but am really excited that I didn't have to wait for lindsey to grow on me! I like her!

Back