Angels & Demons Film

CSINEWYORK000

Lab Technician
What terrifying discovery would make the Vatican turn to Robert Langdon, the man who cracked history's most controversial code? When Langdon finds evidence of the resurgence of an ancient secret brotherhood known as the Illuminati—the most powerful underground organization in history—he also faces a deadly threat to the existence of the Illuminati's most despised enemy: the Catholic Church.
Upon learning that the clock is ticking on an unstoppable Illuminati time bomb, Langdon is recruited to travel to Rome, where he joins forces with Vittoria Vetra , a beautiful and enigmatic Italian scientist. Embarking on a nonstop, action-packed hunt through sealed crypts, dangerous catacombs, deserted cathedrals, and even to the heart of the most secretive vault on earth, Langdon and Vetra will follow the 400-year-old Path of Illumination that marks the Vatican's only hope for survival.

Symbols :

Path of Illumination

Earth : The Chigi Chapel

habakkuk.jpg

Angel pointing the way down the Path of Illumination.

chigitomb.jpg

Chigi Chapel's pyramid tomb by Bernini.

demonshole.jpg

Skeleton cupermiento covering the "demon's hole" and subterranean crypt.

Air

St. Peter's Square - West Ponente

ponente.jpg

FIRE

The Ecstasy of St. Teresa

ecstacy.jpg

Water

Bernini's Fountain of the Four Rivers

bernini_quattro_fiumi.jpg

MAP of the Path of Illumination

romemap.jpg

Official Website: http://www.angelsanddemons.com/

Last edited:
The film was very interesting. Very much like it's previous films : The Da Vinci Code. It has its fair amount of history, and action.

What stood out for me personally is that I was there in that same location, at the Sistine Chapel, St.Peter's square, etc... And it never occured to me that a very interesting part of history was right in front me.

Our tour guide didn't mention anything about the "Illuminati" or the hidden meanings in the works of Bernini.
I think It would have made a difference then. I'm a history buff -And this part of history what makes it so interesting.

The "Illuminati" translated from latin translated as the the enlitened one(s). Scientists, theorists that were hunt down brutaly punished for obstructing the teaching of the church. They were driven into underground into hiding to continue their search for truth. Because they could not announce their discoveries -they hid them as statues,paintings,etc..In hope that someone clever enough would be able to decipher them later on.

Many sourses in my research for truth have pointed that the "Illuminati" have always existed, even today. However, they have never created a serious threat. Like one in the film. Though, the film itself brings up an interesting question : Will the church and science ever see eye to eye ?

Perhaps religion can fill spaces that scince cannot or vice versa. Or could they?

Last edited:
Back