"An Unexpected Meeting" - A Nick Stokes Fan-Fic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by NicksSexyBabe, Aug 25, 2007.

1. NicksSexyBabe

NicksSexyBabe Rookie

i know this first chapter is a little long but its just to introduce and its a need to know for the rest...it may seem a little boring (not alot happens mostly just evidence being processes) but the next chapter is better...belive me...i will put the other chapter up tomorrow morning or later on tonight. but i really hope you all like it. :)Enjoy
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Nick pulled up to the abandoned gas station on the outskirts of Las Vegas. Nick turned the car off, grabbed his field kit, and got out of his car and walked over to Brass.

“Hey Jim, what do ya got?” Nick asked setting his field kit down and putting on a pair of gloves.

“Female, no id, another Jane Doe. Coroners on his way.” Jim replied.

“Who found the body?”

Brass gestured to the woman talking with another detective. “A woman was out jogging, saw the body, called 911.”

“Sorry I’m late.” David said walking up next to Brass and Nick.

Nick and David walked over to the body. Nick normally had time to see the body before the coroner got there but he himself was late thanks to the afternoon traffic.

Nick bent down next to the body, snapped a couple of photos and said, “Female looks about late 40’s early 50’s. Ligature markings on her neck possible signs of strangulation. She’s been dead at least 15 hours.”

“How do you figure?” Brass asked.

“It rained all morning, and there’s no footprints, and her clothes and hair are wet, which, lucky me, means most of the evidence has been washed away, and its suppose to rain until tomorrow morning.” Nick said looking around.

“Well it doesn’t look like its raining now.” Brass said in his usual sarcastic way.

Just as Brass got done saying that a clap of thunder sounded.

“Thanks Jim.” Nick said looking at Brass. “David load that body up quickly before it starts raining again. As for me I’m gonna have a look around the area. And see if there’s any other possible evidence.”

Nick walked around the gas startion as he figured no evidence just wet sand. Nick walked to the back side of the gas station and saw a rake. ‘Why would someone need a rake here? Its all sand.’ Nick took some photos picked up the rake and went back to the front of the station and put it in the car.

“Starting a lawn business, Nick?” Brass said.

“If you must know-”

“Nick!” David yelled. “There’s a ring under the body.”

“Did it fall off the body?” Nick said walking over to him.

“No it was under the body.” David replied going to put the body in the truck.

Nick moved over to where the body was and saw a ring in the dry sand. Nick took a picture and picked it up to get a better look when it started to rain. Nick quickly put it in evidence bag and got back in his car to head back to CSI.

------- ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------

Nick walked into CSI and looked for a lab to use. He found one and started on the rake. When Nick got done with the rake he took his finding and went to find one of the lab rats.

“Hey Mandy” Nick said walking in to another lab. “Can you run these prints through AFIS? I need to go to the coroners.”

“Yeah sure.” Mandy said taking the prints from Nick.

------- ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------

“Hey Doc, what do you got for me?” Nick said walking to the table where his Jane Doe was.

“COD was strangulation, I also found splinters on her neck, so your weapon is probably made of wood.”

“Well I did find a rake at the gas station I’ll look to see if her DNA is on it.”

“TOD was about 24 hours ago. Also I think she dyed her hair, and I don’t think it was professionally done.”

“How do you figure?” Nick asked looking puzzled

“Her scalp is a shade of brown, people that aren’t skilled with dying hair leave a lot of the dye on their scalp as to just their hair. My wife did that a couple years back, what a mess, but if it was a permanent dye it would be as dark as her hair but the rain took some of it off so it was a semi-permanent dye”

“So she’s not an actual brunette and you can’t tell what her natural hair was.”

“No, I can’t Nick.”

“Okay, thanks Doc, oh I’m going to need her prints to see if we can ID her.”

“In the file on the desk.”

“Thanks.” Nick said grabbing the file.

Nick walked back to the lab where the rake was and decided he might as well see if the rake is the weapon. Nick took some DNA samples and returned to find Mandy.

“Do you got anything for me Mandy?” Nick said walking back into the lab.

“Nothing. No AFIS hits.”

“Okay well match them to these prints from my Jane Doe and also see if these two DNA samples match.” Nick said giving Mandy the file and swabs.

“Yeah sure”

Nick walked back to the lab and took the ring out of the evidence bag. He looked at the ring and saw an inscription: To Kelly Love Andy . Nick also saw the manufacturer of the ring also put his initials on it: JRB . Nick knew those initials.

“Hey Nick watcha doing?” Greg said walking in the room.

“Trying to remember something.” Nick responded not looking up.

“Like?”

“A name from a case a few years ago?”

“Well I’m free if you need my help.”

“Actually,” Nick said looking up, “I could.”

“What’s the name of the file again?” Greg said looking through the cabinets of files.

“Malachy Fortunato” Nick responded, he himself also looking through the cabinets.

“Found it” Greg said holding up the file.

Nick grabbed it and looked under the evidence found. Nick found the photo of the ring and underneath it his writing from years earlier. JRB the initials engraved on the ring belong to the manufacturer J. R. Bennett. Who works at Omar’s in the mall attached to the Aladdin.

“Yes, thanks Greg.” Nick said handing the file back to Greg and walking out of the room.

“Anytime” Greg said, although Nick was already down the hall.

“Nick” Mandy said opening the door from her lab. “One set of prints on the rake are a match to your Jane Doe as well as the two DNA swabs.”

“Thanks Mandy,” Nick said grabbing the file and new paperwork.

Nick got back to the lab and set the file down next to the rake. He picked up the ring and his car key’s, he had a feeling he needed to pay Mr. Bennett a visit.

well i hoped you like it so far please comment! thanks

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

please continue soon, it's a good start :)

3. NicksSexyBabe

NicksSexyBabe Rookie

Heres the next chapter enjoy

Nick got out of his car outside Desert Passage next to the Aladdin. Nick wasn’t even sure Omar’s was still their or even if J.R. Bennett was still their. Nick walked into the mall. It took him only about 10 minutes to find Omar’s. Nick walked into the little store and recognized Mr. Bennett.

“What can I do for you, sir?” Mr. Bennett asked, not recognizing Nick.

“I was wondering can you tell me who this ring belongs to? Who this Kelly and Andy is?” Nick said handing Mr. Bennett the ring.

“Let me go and look in my records.” Mr. Bennett disappeared behind the curtain only to arrive back at the counter 2 minutes later. “It belongs to a Kelly Greene, well I suppose now Kelly Goodman.”

“Why would she be Kelly Goodman now?” Nick asked already knowing the answer.

“It was bought by an Andrew Goodman for his fiancé a year and a half ago, and since it wasn’t returned I presumed they got married.”

“Thanks, um you wouldn’t happen to have a mailing address would you.”

“Nope it would have been on the records only if he put it on hold.” Mr. Bennett said handing the ring back to Nick. “Have we met before on a similar matter?”

“Yes we have and you were as useful then as you are now. Thanks again.” Nick said turning around and leaving the store.

------- ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------

“Hey Nick, so did you find out who it belongs to.” Greg asked walked up next to Nick back at CSI.

“Yup, belongs to a Kelly Goodman.”

“Who’s that?”

“She was my Jane Doe, now she’s Kel-hold on a second.” Nick said stopping then quickening his pace.

“What” Greg asked but Nick was already around the corner.

Nick walked back into the morgue. “Hey Doc. I need to see my Jane Doe.”

“Sure.” Doc said getting up.

“Nick what’s up?” Greg said walking into the room.

“The only reason this ring is evidence is because it was under the body. Not actually on her finger.”
    Nick grabbed the dead body’s hand and slipped the ring on the left ring finger “Perfect fit-whoa.” Nick looked at Kelly’s left wrist. “Its black and blue.”

“What do you suppose its from?” Greg asked looking at the wrist.

“Well I’m guessing that its from a hand and I’m guessing that it’s the husbands. I’m gonna guess they were arguing about something. Andrew grabbed her wrist. Took the ring off of her hand and threw it on the ground. She went down to pick it up and he strangled her. All we need is to find him get his prints and if they match to the rake he’s looking to 25 to life.”

------- ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------

“Hey Archie, can you look up an address and phone number for me?” Nick said walking into tech lab.

“Sure, what’s the name?” Archie said.

“Andrew and Kelly Goodman.”

Archie typed it into the computer. “They live up in Overton about an hour away at 1694 Harris St. Phone number it 705-555-1773.”

“Thanks Archie”

Nick dialed the number.

-Ring-

“Mrs. Kelly is that you?” The voice said on the other end.

“Um No.” Nick said.

“Oh sorry, what may I help you with.”

“I’d like to talk to Andrew Goodman.”

“Oh I’m sorry sir he left two days ago to go and visit his step-daughter in Las Vegas.”

“His step-daughter?”

“Yes.”

“What’s his step-daughters name?”

“Who is this.”

“I’m with the crime lab at LVPD. I need to talk to Mr. Goodman.”

“Well I don’t think he’ll be returning anytime soon.”

“What makes you say that?” Nick asked.

“He took all his clothes.”

“Just to visit his step-daughter?”

“No, he wouldn’t go and visit Samantha if his life depended on it. They don’t get along.”

“Samantha is the step-daughter.”

“Yes.”

“Well thank you very much m’am. G’day.”

Nick walked back to the tech lab. “Archie can you look up another name?”

“Yeah sure.”

“Try a Samantha Goodman no wait Samantha Greene.”

“Okay yup she lives here in Las Vegas, off of South Las Vegas Blvd. St. at 243 Carson Ave. You want the number?”

“Yeah”

4. MacsGirlMel

I was momentarily confused, I thought it was the Kelly from Daddy's Little Girl, then I realized it wasn't. Wasn't her last name Gordon?

More more!

5. NicksSexyBabe

NicksSexyBabe Rookie

oh lol i don't even think i've seen that episode lol okay i'll update either tomorrow or monday

6. MacsGirlMel

Actually that was the sequel of sorts to Grave Danger.

Please do update soon :)

7. NicksSexyBabe

NicksSexyBabe Rookie

i'll update soon

8. NicksSexyBabe

NicksSexyBabe Rookie

hey everyone sorry that i havn't updated lately the computer at my moms doesn't have spell check and i'm only at my dad's on the weekends but it will be a long weekend so i'll update either friday night or saturday morning but the story is coming alone and i know you'll enjoy it...after labor day weekend though i'll only be able to update on the weekends prolly only once but i'll update two chapters though because with school starting tuesday i'm not going to have a lot of free time and i should focus on my school work. but i hope you all have enjoyed it so far.

9. NicksSexyBabe

NicksSexyBabe Rookie

“Hello?” A voice said on the other end of the phone.

“Samantha Greene?” Nick asked.

“Yes.”

“I’m with the LVPD. I have some bad news for you.”

“What?”

“Early yesterday we found you mothers body on the outskirts of Las Vegas. I’m so sorr-

“I don’t mean to disappoint you but my mother lives up in Overton. You must have the wrong person.”

“Well, I don’t mean to be rude but we have information that says she was here in Las Vegas.”

“Yes, my mother was down here, but she left days ago and she was in such a rush to get home she left her cell phone here. So if theirs anything else I could do for you let me know.”

“Actually there is what was your mother wearing the last time you saw her?”

“-sigh- She was wearing a red tank top, a jacket, and denim shorts and her blonde hair was in a pony tail.” Samantha said sarcastically. “What was the woman, you claim is my mother, wearing?”

Damn! Nick thought “Blue and white striped shirt and jeans and her brown curly hair was down.”

“Like I said not my mom.” -dial tone-

Nick closed his cell phone and closed the file he was looking at then quickly opened it when the coroners report caught his eye. “Victim recently had hair dyed, natural hair color is unknown?” “Of course.” Nick got up and got his keys, he didn’t think he should call Samantha back she would probably hang up the minute he started talking about her mother again. So he decided he should pay Samantha a visit.

Nick pulled up to the house on Carlson. Nick looked around most of the houses here were really nice. Nick was expecting a small house with broken windows and shutters. But this house was pretty big about the size of his, and it was one of the newer houses with clean windows and pillars. Nick put his vest on, grabbed his field kit, and headed for the front door.

When Nick got to the front door a voice said, “What can I do for you?”

Nick looked around to see where the voice same from the saw that in the window, between the door and garage, was an outline of a figure.

“Are you Samantha Greene?”

“Yes, what’s it to ya?”

“I’m Nick Stokes, I called earlier about your mother, now I know you said your mother was blonde but the body we found might have been a blonde, we aren’t sure though.”

“Your confusing me but I assure you, that body isn’t my mother. My mother left five days ago and when she’s in Las Vegas she stay’s here. I’m sorry but I don’t think I can help you.”

“I understand that would don’t want me to waste anymore of your time.” Nick was stalling now trying to think of anything to say so he could get this woman to identify the body back at CSI, “Listen how about we just talk as friends,” Nick said while taking off his vest and setting his field kit down, “Nothing will go on record.”

The figure didn’t say anything but disappeared from the window and Nick heard the door unlock. In the doorway was a woman not younger then 24, maybe 25, with autumn colored hair and deep blue eyes, she looked a little thin but besides that Nick found her attractive. “Fine, but I‘m not letting you in here just because you said ‘off the record‘.” Samantha said opening the door and stepping aside to let Nick in. She closed the door then said, “Can you take your shoes off?” Nick turned and looked at her, he hated taking his shoes off. As if reading his mind Samantha said, “I just put new carpeting down.” She smiled at his showing off her dimples.

Nick caved, “Sure thing.” Flashing back a smile of his own.

Samantha walked into another room and Nick followed her after he took his shoes off. Nick walked through the kitchen then to the living room that was off the kitchen.

“So why do you need to talk to me so bad?”

“We found a ring that is the only connection between the body and the name because we didn’t exactly find it on the body.”

“Okay, so what can I do for you?” Samantha said getting up and walking back into the kitchen.

“First off,” Nick said looking around, “When did you get new carpeting?”

Samantha replied from the kitchen, “Do you think I got new carpeting to hide blood stains?” Samantha said chuckling, “Just kidding, I got it laid down Saturday, my mother was with me when they put it down. The old carpeting had stains and dog hair all over it that I couldn’t get out.” Samantha walked back into the room with a glass of milk.

Nick was looking at a picture on the fireplace mantel. “Is this her?” Nick said pointing to a photo of Samantha next to his Jane Doe, in the photo with blonde hair.

“Yeah that’s at her wedding.” Samantha said setting her glass on the coffee table and walking over next to Nick. “Andrew gave that to me as a house warming gift. I took the photo out he had in it.” Samantha scoffed.

“You don’t like Andrew.”

“No, not until a couple months ago.”

“What happened?”

“I went up to visit them about 3 months ago. My mom was running late so I let myself in. Andrew was in the study talking on the phone. I knew he was talking to a woman by the tone of his voice.” Samantha walked over and sat down on the couch and took a drink of her milk. “It wasn’t as rough as it was when he talks to his guy friends, Anyway when he saw me he kinda freaked out, he turned away and told the person that he would call them back later. Then he looked at me and said he didn’t hear me come in and asked how long I’d been their. Basically asking me what all I heard. I told my mom about it she said that he had this business thing that he’d been working on for a few weeks. But then he left before dinner said he had to go into work. In the morning my mom asked him when he came home he said around midnight but I was sleeping on the couch and I woke up when he came in and it was around 3:30. I don’t know what mom sees in him.”

Nick realized she still thought her mother was alive and hated that he had to be the one to tell her that she wasn’t.

“So Andrew gave you the picture frame?”

“Yeah, and another photo from the wedding, he said it was the “family picture” but it was actually the bride, groom, and the maid of honor. After he left I put in the photo from the reception of me and mom after I caught the bouquet.”

“May I borrow this?” Nick asked pointing to the picture frame.

“Yeah, the picture that was in it is behind that one. Just make sure I get it back, you can keep the other picture, if you want.”

“Thanks.” Nick got an evidence bag out of his field kit and put the frame in it. “Samantha I know you don’t believe that the body we found is your mothers, but if you could just come down and look at the body even if its not your mother just so I can remove all possible doubt. I‘ll even give you a ride.”

“Sure.”

Samantha got up and walked into the kitchen, Nick following behind her. Samantha opened her fridge to put her milk away and Nick saw that there was barely any food in it. No wonder she’s thin, Nick though. Nick looked down at the evidence bag and sealed it when Samantha turned to look at him, so she wouldn’t know he saw her fridge. “I’ll meet you by the truck.” Nick said putting his shoes back on.

Nick got to the truck and put the evidence bag, his vest and field kit in trunk. When he closed it he saw Samantha heading toward the truck. He got to the passenger door before her and opened it for her.

“Thanks.” Samantha said smiling at him.

“No problem.” He said smiling back.

He closed the door and walked around the car. Damn it Nick, quit being all gentleman like. You didn’t take this job to get dates. You’re not trying to impress the girl. Get your head out of the clouds. Nick thought to himself. He knew he shouldn’t fall for women he met on the job, or was he only being nice because he felt sorry for her that she was about to find out that her mother was dead. Nick was hoping it was the last one.

10. MacsGirlMel

hmm I wonder if it's her or not. Post more soon!

11. Mistress_Taylor

Mistress_Taylor Victim

Awesome job hun. Keep up the awesome work.

12. NicksSexyBabe

NicksSexyBabe Rookie

hey sorry its been a while but school has started up and i can't find a lot of time to type it up but i will try really hard to keep up sorry again

13. NicksSexyBabe

NicksSexyBabe Rookie

i will update tommorow i promise!

14. NicksSexyBabe

NicksSexyBabe Rookie

Re: "An Unexpected Meeting" - A Nick Stokes Fan-Fic *UPDATED

CSI was about 20 minutes from Samanthas house. About half way their Nick pulled into a fast-food resteraunts drive-thru.

Nick looked at Samantha and said, "I haven't eaten much today, do you mind?"

Samantha looked at Nick and smile, "No, its fine."

Nick rolled down his window and talked into the speaker. "Hi, yes, I'd like a bacon cheeseburger with letuce and tomato and an Ice Tea."

"Will that be all?" a womans voice said back.

Nick looked at Samantha, "Do you want anything?"

"Oh no I'm fine I don't want to waste any of your money."

"It's not like a burger and drink here is 15 bucks. I don't mind."

"Fine, I'll have the same but no tomato and a sweet tea."

Nick turned and said back to the speaker "Actually, make that 2, but hold the tomato on the second one and an sweet tea."

"Ok, that comes to $6.75. Please pull up to the next window."

Once back on the road Nick said, "So how long have you been in Las Vegas?"

"I went to collage at UNLV, once I graduated I went to Arizona and worked in Pheonix, and I moved back about 5 months." Samantha said in between bites.

"Why was your mother visiting you?" Samantha looked at Nick "Not that a mother needs a reason to visit her daughter."

Samantha chuckled, "She was bringing my car back here. When I went to to Overton my car broke down so my mom offered to get if fixed their. So she gave me her car. So we were switching back. Glad she finally returned it. I like my Ford Focus better. I mean, yeah, her 06 red Honda Civic looks nice but its just really bumpy, I mean you can feel every bumb, its really uncomfortable."

Nick pulled up to CSI. He took the evidence bag containing the photo album and walked inside, Samantha following him. Nick saw Mandy was in the lab talking to Warrick.

Nick turned to Samantha. "I'm gonna go and drop this off I'll be right back."

Nick opened the door to the lab and handed the bag to Mandy. Waiting 'til he heard the door closed Nick said, "Can you get the prints off this and see if there a match to the rake?"

"Yeah sure" Mandy said taking the bag.

Nick turned to Warrick. "Can you do me a favor?"

"Depends on what it is?" Warrick said.

"Can you tell Brass to put out an APB for a 2006 red Honda Civic?"

"Sure, doing your work as always." Warrick said sarcastically.

"Thanks bud." Nick said smiling at Warrick then turning around to leave.

Nick walked out of the lab. To Samantha "Sorry about that. Shall we?"

"Why not."

Samantha followed Nick to the coroners office. Nick opened the door, Samantha walked in. Doc Robbins wasn't there so he looked through the list of the bodies there and found "Jane Doe". Nick walked over and opened the drawer and pulled out the slab that the body was on. Nick walked next to Samantha then he looked up at her and she looked at him.

"Are you ready?" Nick said.

Samantha didn't say anything but nodded.

Nick pulled the top of the sheet off Kelly's face. Nick looked at Samantha. She gasped, then suddenly Nick saw her eyes roll back and her knees give. Nick, as if on instinct, grabbed Samantha and lifted her into his arms.

"What the hell is going on here?" Doc said coming into the room.

"Jane Doe is now Kelly Goodman." Nick said.

"Ok, that still doesn't answer my question."

"What does it look like she fainted, out of shock. Can you put the body away for me?" Nick said leaving with Samantha in his arms.

"Yeah sure."

Nick carried Samantha into the breakroom and laid her down on the couch.

since this was a short one i'll update again tomorrow. sorry for taking so long school and homework has deprived me of my time here

15. MacsGirlMel

Re: "An Unexpected Meeting" - A Nick Stokes Fan-Fic *UPDATED

oooh I'm glad you updated again :) More soon!