All I Need.. [Catherine/Sara Friendship & GSR]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Mini_Catherine, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Mini_Catherine

Mini_Catherine CSI Level One

Title: All I Need
    Author: Mini_Catherine
    Summary: Catherine/Sara Friendship & GSR. Sara realized that there's something wrong, and she turns to Catherine to help her, but is there really anything she can do? Grissom is also pulled into the picture, and he doesn't have a clue on what to do or say, as usual.
    Set: End of Season 7 - Begining of Season 8
    Raiting: PG, for mild sexual references

A/N: This is not all mushy-gooshy stuff. I'm trying to add some case file into it, but I may need help. PM me if you'd like to be co-story writers, as it is one of my first.

Sara Sidle walked out of the bathroom again, clutching her stomach. Her hair was limply hanging in damp strings, her face was flused and sweaty, and her stomach was churning violently. This was only her thrid sick day in seven years of being with the Las Vegas Crime Lab, and she was sick enough to take it, yet, she still didn't know what was wrong. She then turned on her heel and ran back into the bathroom, emptying her stomach once again.

Stepping out of the bathroom, Sara wiped her mouth with the back of her hand, and walked through her deep purple livingroom that was connect with her kitchen. Actually, it was more of a "kitchen area," which she never used, any way. She stauntered over to her large desk in the corner of the room, near the seating area, and sifted through the papers and books until she came across a blue notepad. She flipped open the cover, then ran her finger along the paper until she stopped at one certin phone number. Sara picked up the phone on the desk, and punched in the numbers forcefully.

The phone rang two and a half times before it was answered.

"Hello," answered a fimilliar voice.
    "Hi," Sara responed, "it's Sara, is your mom there?"
    "Yeah, one sec," Sara heard the phone be laid down, "MOM! PHONE FOR YOU!"

Sara waited, and finally, the phone was picked up, another one put down.

"Hello," answered an almost seductive female voice.
    "Catherine, I have a problem."

- TO BE CONTINUED -

well, only if you guys like it. ;)

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Interesting start, continue.

3. Mini_Catherine

Baha, it's lame. I just had this idea and, yeah. Thats all I have yet. I might write more later, or tomorrow. :)

4. CSI_Trainee

CSI_Trainee CSI Level One

Great start I can't wait for more... I am a big time gsr fan lol so I can't wait for somemore chapters... keep up the good work.

5. Mini_Catherine

'Tay. I'll try to get another one up soon.

6. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

Really liked that.

I liked that too. Nice description of Cath ;)

Update soon!

7. melbel

melbel Pathologist

cool keep this up!

8. Guest

Guest Guest

just some thoughts...sara tries to fight the tears but she cant help but starts crying. Cath askes her whats wrong and then sara tells her the whole s/g story (whats that story like is of course completely up to you). caths says something like Ive seen that a long way coming. They talk about saras feelings and what its like to love someone like grissom (cath knows gris very well so that might be helpful to sara). and then sara tells cath that she fears that she is pregnant....so its your turn now

9. Mini_Catherine

Yay. I'm going to put that into story fourm, but thanks for the idea! That's great!

I'll post with the update, sorry I didn't sooner.. My computer's fan broke and we had to get it fixed.

-Chapter two-

"Catherine.. I have a problem." Sara wipes at her eyes with her hand, trying to fight the tears, but they come anyway. She let's out a loud sob and sniffles.

"Sara, please.." Catherine begins on the other line, shuffling through her closet, the phone cradled on her shoulder, "Please, tell me what's wrong. I'm listening."

Sara tries to collect herself, but fails and continues to sob into the phone as she starts.

"Well, w-when Brass was shot, Grissom and I were both r-really worried, and when we found out he was better, we went out for dinner and a drink," she sniffs again, and takes three long breaths before continuing, "and - and we.. Well, he drove me home, and then - then when he walked me to m-my door, he kissed me. And I responded, and one thing lead to another, and, and.." she let her voice trail off, and Catherine let out an understanding sigh.

"I saw this coming for a long time, Sara," she started while laying a lowcut black top and dark jeans on her bed, "the way you were chasing after him, the looks he gave you, he stared after you in the hall, and tried his best to please you. But he's just Grissom. He didn't know how to act. In the almost 25 years I've known him, I've never seen him act like that before. He was speechless and.."

Sara cut her off. "Cath, I think I'm pregnant!"

Catherine's jaw dropped along with the phone.

"Ca - Catherine?" Sara said into the phone.
    "Yeah, I'm here. Uhm, so, you're sick?"
    "Mhm."
    "And dizzy?"
    "Mhm."
    "Did you do a test..?"
    "No, not yet," Sara said, and her brow furrowed, "I was hoping you'd, well, come over?"

She sounded so lost and frightened, Cath couldn't say no. She said something like, give me ten, then hurried to get dressed and finish getting ready. There was only one question left on both women's minds. How to tell Grissom?

:lol: I hope that's good enough for you now. I may actually get another chapter up later on tonight. Peeaceee. :)

10. Mini_Catherine

posting again. Sorry for the spam, but I just had another chappie idea.

-Chapter 3-

"Two sharp women are better than one."
    That was the only thing Catherine could think of as she drove to Sara's appartment after dropping her daughter, Lindsey, off at school. That was what Sara had said to her the first night they had met.. Actually, there was a bit more to it than that..

---------------FLASHBACK---------------

Sara walked into the room Catherine was working at.

"Excuse me.. I'm lookng for Catherine Willows. Do you know where I can find her?" Sara was looking at the older woman sitting at the computer. She noticed she was Catherine Willows.

"She's out on the field," Catherine turned to her. "Sara Sidle, right?"

"I know who I am, but you appear to be confused on who you are," that gave Catherine something to look shocked at, "Grissom sent me. I was wondering if you needed help on this case."
    "No," Catherine said defensivley, "this is my case."
    "Oh, well, if you need help, you know how to find me," then added, "two sharp women are better than one."

---------------END FLASHBACK---------------

There had been a hidden competition for leading female CSI from that point on, and also, both women found they had a deep connection.. And I mean deep, yet, both knew that they pulled it out whenever the other was feeling down. Although, they were never all that comfrotable, yet, toady was a different story altogether.

When Catherine arrived at the appartment, Sara was sitting on the couch, half asleep, half staring blindly into space. Catherine knocked, and when there was no answer, turned the doorknob herself, walking in and kicking off her shoes, a habbit she had gotten into.

She walked quietly over to where Sara was sitting, and sat down on the other end of the couch, softly touching the young brunette's shoulder. Sara turned her head, staring into the older women's bright, intense blue eyes. When there eyes met, Sara started to sob uncontrolabley again, her brown eyes going dull and puffy, and there were tear stains running down her cheeks. Catherine pulled her into a tight hug, and stroked her hair, which she had done so many times with her daughter. Her maternal instincts were very intense, and right now, she knew Sara just needed to cry.

"That's right, let it out," she whispered, "I'm here now, it's okay."

After sitting like that for about ten minutes, Sara finally pulled back and looked straght at Catherine's face. She grabbed Cath's hand, and said, "let's go."

---- TWENTY MINUTES LATER ----

When they arrived back at the house, Sara took the small shopping bag from Catherine's car, and walked ahead, into the house, and into the bathroom. She took the tests from the box, and read the instructions, once, two times, and once again.

"Sara," Catherine called from the outside, "are you okay?"
    "Yeah," she called back, scooping her hair into a ponytail, "I am now. I'm just doing it now."

Catherine nodded to herself, then went over to the couch, sat down, and stood up again, then started to pace the room, taking in her surroundings. It was pretty, very plain, and purple. She liked the furniture, and everything matched. It was so.. so.. Sara.

"C-Cath.." Sara called from behind her. "I'm done."

Catherine turned around and faced Sara, looking down at her hand.

TBC.

:lol: Hoping to leave some suppsense there. Sorry, I know I didn't get that quote perfect in the flashback, but that's all I remember. I supposed that it gets the point across.

11. MacsGirlMel

cool, I get what they're waiting for....I kinda hope it goes well, DaddyGris could be kinda cute hehe.

12. Mini_Catherine

Pink. Pink, pink, pink, pink. Positive. Deffinate. For sure. Well, to shorten things, "shit." Catherine gasped, and held her arms out to Sara, who fainted. Cath gave her a gentle slap on each cheek, which brought her to. She gave the young brunette a sympathetic look, and another tight squeeze.

"It's going to be okay, Sara," Catherine said, and pulled Sara closer, and for once, they actually felt like friends instead of enemies. "It's going to be fine, I promise."

Sara pulled out of the hug and felt the heat flush her face. "How can anything be all right? I'm pregnant. With Grissom's child! I'm going to be a mother, and he doesn't even know yet! This - I don't know, Cath, I really don't know.." her voice trailed off once again. Catherine stood up and gave Sara a motherly look.

"You have to tell him, Sar," she said, and started to pace around the coffee table. "Don't expect me to do it. You have to tell him."
    "But it's going to be so hard! I don't know how to say it!"
    "Try, Grissom, we need to talk, then ask him if he remembers the other night, and then when he says 'yes,' tell him, well, tell him everything," Catherine finished simply. Then she took Sara's clampy hand in her own, and pulled her off the couch. "Come on, we're going to the lab."

-- FIFTEEN MINUTES LATER --

When the two arrived at the lab, Sara was still shaking. Catherine took her hand again, and they walked together into the large building. Both stode briskly down the hall, Sara lagging behind a little bit, because of sickness or nervousness, Catherine couldn't tell. When the two came across Grissom's office door, Catherine knocked once, then opened it herself, like she always did, and pulled Sara in.

"Gil," she started, "Sara has something to tell you."

He took off his glasses and studied both women, Sara still clutching to Catherine's hand desperatley, and he knew something was up. "Go ahead, Sar..a," he said, shifting in the chair and laying his paperwork to the side of his desk. Sara moved forward, and in a hoarse whispered voice, she began as Catherine had told her to.

"D-do you remember the other night.. When we went out?"
    "Yes.." he said, confused.
    "Well, I need to - to tell you something.." she trailed off again, and turned to Catherine, who nodded and flashed a small smile. "I'm pregnant, Grissom."

His jaw dropped, and he was apparently speechless. He stood up, walked around his desk to were Sara was standing, well, staggering, and he wrapped her in a hug, and gentley kissed her cheek, then backed off, catching himself from commiting to a public display of affection. He then smiled, and turned to Catherine, who smiled back.

"Well," Grissom said, slighty in shock, "I don't know what to say. I - I think that we may need help." Sara fell into his arms and started to cry, then sob. Oh, she loved the feeling of his strong arms around her, embracing her, it made her feel safe. Grissom backed off again.

"I don't want to hurt the baby," he said, and his brow furrowed.
    "Gil, there's not much of a baby there to hurt, yet!" Sara choked out, and then laughed. Catherine stiffled a giggle, then laughed, too, along with Grissom. The end of one relationship, then beginning of a new, brighter, happier one. Yet, still uncomfortable. Oh well, don't look a gift horse in the mouth, because 'Seek and you shall find.'

A/N: THERE WILL BE MORE STORY COMING! PLEASE KEEP READING! :)

13. MacsGirlMel

please continue soon :)

14. Mini_Catherine

I shall post tomorrow, or the next day. I have two parties to go too.. HAPPY BDAY GEEKLOVERULESGSR :):):):)

15. CSI_Trainee

CSI_Trainee CSI Level One

OMG WHAT GREAT CHAPTERS! I LOVE IT. WHAT GREAT WRITING! Okay there we go lol, anyway can't wait for more!