Adam Rodriguez fan project

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Zelda49, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zelda49

Zelda49 Rookie

Hey all!

Excited that the writers' strike is over? Ready to show some love for our favorite show? Well, here's your chance. The Miami forum is sponsoring a fan project/birthday present for Adam Rodriguez's upcoming (April 2) birthday centered around the theme "baseball".

There are three options for participation:

1) Represent your hometown/favorite baseball team with a pennant, key chain, hat, shirt, picture of you decked out in all your baseball glory, etc.

2) Celebrate Adam's favorite team the NY Yankees, also with a pennant, key chain, hat, shirt, picture of you decked out in all your Yankee glory, etc.

3) Design your own jersey/shirt/pennant for Adam, made from fabric, paper, cardboard, etc.

Please limit your contribution to 1 item in order to keep the total shipping cost as low as possible. And be sure to include a note from yourself for a nice personal touch. Wish him a happy birthday, tell him how much you love the show, express you hopes for Delko in the upcoming new episodes, or whatever else you'd like to say. Please write legibly or type, proofread your note or get a friend to look it over. And remember that Adam probably won't be the only person reading, so don't write anything you wouldn't want to share with everyone :)

Once you have selected your item and written your note, PM me for my address and ship them here where I will organize, pack, and ship all our contributions together.

Keep in mind that I live in the Baltimore area, so plan the shipping time accordingly. If you decide to order something online (which is, of course, not required), you can have it shipped directly to me. All items need to be in my living room by March 17 so I have enough time to get our box to Adam in time for the big day.

I think that's everything, but if I've forgotten anything or you have any questions feel free to PM me or reply to this post. I'm hoping for a big turnout, here, folks! Let's give Adam a great birthday, and have fun doing it! :D

2. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

I'm going to pin this, and I will definitely be participating, I actually don't live far from you :)

3. Zelda49

Zelda49 Rookie

Very cool--on all three counts :p I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

This is gonna be great ZELDA & thanks again for putting this together!!!
    Im definately in!! :D
    If there needs to be any money contributions towards the shipping fee, please let me know. ;)

5. Zelda49

Zelda49 Rookie

I was planning on taking care of the shipping myself because you guys are all going to have to pay to ship your items to me. But if you have the means to make a donation of any size to help cover the final cost, I will gladly take them with me to the post office (or UPS or FedEx or wherever I end up). :D

6. CalleighD

CalleighD Lab Technician

Ooh this is a brilliant idea :)

I'll definitly make something, or something...lol and post it to you from sunny old England :)

7. Zelda49

Zelda49 Rookie

Rock on! Can't wait to see what you come up with :)

8. that_girl1

that_girl1 Coroner

This is so awesome. I'll see if I have time to create something :)

9. Zelda49

Zelda49 Rookie

I hope you do! The more the merrier in this project :D

10. Zelda49

Zelda49 Rookie

Just a reminder that the deadline is coming up! If you live in the lower 48, then you've got most of this week to get your contributions in the mail, but if you're elseware please PM me for my address and get them sent ASAP. Remember, all contributions must be here in my living room by Monday, March 17.

As of this moment I have 2 items total...including mine! So let's get those baseball gifts and jersey designs on their way :thumbsup:

11. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

I'm not going to be able to participate this time around, time got the best of me and the crazy schedule I've had lately isn't helping at all. I've had play practice all this week, and I leave for senior trip early on Tuesday morning, and won't be back until the 15th, so that's not big enough of a time frame to get anything done. I wish I could participate, but life is nuts.

12. Zelda49

Zelda49 Rookie

Hi all,

Maybe I'm dumb, or maybe I'm just have a bad technology day, but I can't seem to figure out the new PM system so I'm going to go ahead and post my e-mail address here instead, spambots be darned. If you'd like to participate in the project (and we really need participants!!) e-mail me at steinerc@umich.edu for my address. I'm even extending the deadline to Wednesday, March 19 so get those designs and gifts in the mail!! Let's make our first CSI:Miami fan project a good one :thumbsup:

13. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

^ There's a 100 post limit to PMs now. Whether it'll be changed or not, is up to the Admins.

I'm going to see if I can get something in. (can't guarantee though, RL is quite busy nowadays) Though I have a question--if we can't send an object through the mail, is it possible that we could simply send you a note/card for Adam wishing him a Happy Birthday. (i.e. A cool birthday card either hand made or bought and a note, etc.) It might allow people to ship something easily enough so that it doesn't need a special package. I know, it kind of sucks but it seems some might not be able to make the deadline. Plus, if there aren't enough people sending things, you could always wait for a bit and send something in a few months when the board will become a bit more active. (It would be way past his birthday but the baseball idea could still work)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2008
  14. Zelda49

Zelda49 Rookie

A limit...yeah, that makes sense :p

And birthday cards are a great idea! Hand made, store bought...something with a nice note inside--all the better if they are baseball themed :D

I'd rather not postpone the project if we can avoid it, but that's an option, too, if need be. For now, though, we'll go with the March 19th deadline and see what happens.

15. Zelda49

Zelda49 Rookie

****UPDATE****

Okay, we're going to try this again :p Participation the first time around was extremely low, and I know that people are busy and we put this project together pretty quickly. But I love the idea of the fan project, and the baseball theme was just too good to let go. So rather than a birthday present, we're now aiming for Memorial Day (a holiday we have here in the US), a time normally assosciated with grilling outdoors and warm weather...and baseball :beer:

My e-mail address is listed in one of the above posts, so go pick out your item (the original rules in the first post still apply) and drop me a line for my address when you're ready to send it to me.

I need everything by May 20th (Memorial Day is May 26th) so plan your shipping times accordingly. Hopefully this will give everyone who wanted to participate before a chance :thumbsup:

Any questions, just ask...and maybe one of the mods can sticky this topic so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle?

EDIT: Thanks mods!!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.