About zoom pics in CSI (fixed)

Discussion in 'Forensic Science' started by greatmatch, Feb 19, 2007.

1. greatmatch

greatmatch Victim

Sorry my English is not good,but still,I want to express my opinions.

Tclick here is manny scene in CSI such as this blow:

They playback a video in a computer,then pause,pick one of the pic.
    click here

And then

zoom

then they use their "magic" to make the pic clearly

use magic

use magic again

But I think,their "magic" is impossible.If it is thue,they can use their "magic" to one pic again and again adn again.So,they can discover any details in the pic,Any digtal camera,Can be very powerful,2 mega pixel DC can be 10000000000 mega pixel.

So I think that is impossible.CSI can not have a software or workstation like that.

What's more,tclick here is some bugs in these pictures:
    1.compaer 2 pictures blow:
    click here

click here

These proved that,the pic they zoom,is not the pic the pick out. it possibly they photo it spercially.

2.I zoom the pic without any PS,from this
    click here
    to this
    click here

Of cause,it looks there are some mosaic on it,but do you believe that,when CSI zoom the pic,the mosaic is even more gravity than mine!
    click here
    it prove that:the CBS may photo a pic,then mosaic it,mosaic again.When they playback,they play the mosaiced pic first.So,it shows the CSI can use their "magic" to make the pics clearly.

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Re: About zoom pics in CSI (fixed)

Sending to Art forum as it has to do with pictures.

3. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

Moving this to forensics because it deals with the aspect of forensic technology. :D

4. saraXsullivan

saraXsullivan CSI Level Two

No one said CSI was perfect.

And no one ever said that CSI had to be life-like.

CSI is about forensics, sure, but it's a crime drama, so they do put in forensics and stuff, but they also have to keep their viewers tuned in. It's just a TV show, not real life, it doesn't have to be perfect.

If you want perfect forensic facts, then go watch a documentary that is in black and white and has a monotone narrator.

5. thegluups

thegluups Prime Suspect

They may exagerate it a little, but regular Forensics lab use a software which can magnify a picture up to ten times : the software uses an algorithm which, basing itself on the original picture "guesses" what the surroundings are going to be. For each square inch, it takes about 100 000 recognition points and then while magnifying guesses what will be around them. It may look pretty random, but seing as you've got so many rec. points, it looks great for a human eye.

6. Grissom_Nick

Grissom_Nick Dead on Arrival

CSI is actully base along real forensic facts if you watch the extra fetures on CSI Miami it actually telly you how they do it and they show you an example of elizabeth divine actuall zooming in on a picture. they go through an intensive amount of training to be able to do this!

7. KenGoddard

KenGoddard Hit and Run

The technologies in the CSI shows (especially those involving the sharpening of blurred images) are very definitely exaggerated for dramatic effect.