a continuity question

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by talkingtocactus, May 27, 2009.

1. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

actually this isn't really a question so much as a ramble and an "eh?" so please be gentle with me if this is in the wrong place/has been done before - it's my first time! :angel:

i can't remember the episode, i think it's in late season 3 or later, but there's a line when stella sees mac without his jacket and tie and says something like "i don't think i've ever seen you without a tie".

this really bothers me beacuse for about 60% of season 2 he's swanning around the lab in an open necked shirt and jumper.

personally, i prefer the shirt & jumper look, it's cute, but what were they thinking having stella say that when it's clearly not the case?

i mean, this is a minor quibble about a show i otherwise love, but did anyone else notice that or wonder why she said it? was it a drastic change in writer or something? it seems like a pretty dim continuity error to make...

[/scepticism]

2. shell_kikii

shell_kikii Lab Technician

I believe the line you quoted was in S1 episode 12 called 'Recycling' when Mac invited Stella to a dog show. Back then, Mac was retreated to his own world grieving his late wife. It was Stella who helped him to go through the rough time, started by loosened his tie in 1.03 'American Dreamers'. In the season finale, Stella took off his tie at the end of the episode. Mac rarely wore a tie from season 2 on.
    Hope this could help.

3. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

ah that's where i'm getting confused! you're right. stupidly that'sone of my all time favourite episodes so why i thought that line came later is beyond me! clearly my brain has left the building...

that said, i'm glad what stella said worked ;)

thanks!

4. Mynerva24

Mynerva24 Witness

lisasimpson,

if you are interested in Mac/Stella related things, you are always welcomed at SMacked thread and Stella thread, and I guess, Gary thread. :D

As for the tie thingy, her success was guaranteed after she removed his tie before he went to his first date after his wife, Claire, died, at the season finale of season 1, what you see is what you see. From then on, Flack is the only cast we see wearing tie. :lol:

5. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i don't know what went on with my question there, i think i was watching 3 seasons at once all in the wrong order and i got confused!

i shall check out the other threads too, thanks :D