25 Things A Perfect Guy Would Do! [Danny & Lindsay]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by kissmesweet, Nov 7, 2006.

1. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

From ff.net, last time I posted-- ff.net was screwed up, So I'll paste it here. My penname is all the glitters.

A/N: I just got an idea on this story when I visited my friend’s livejournal and there was a list of things that a perfect guy would do. So, this is my take on it. Danny and Lindsay, of course.

READ AND REVIEW

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters that appear in this series of drables. Some fluff…

Prologue

Lindsay grabs her letters and her magazine subscriptions as she enters her apartment. She had a tough day. She had just wrapped up a case and was so tired. Not to mention, after the whole debacle with Danny she’s been plain avoiding him.

When she walks in, she swing her handbag on the couch and sets the letter on the counter. She goes into her room and grabs her pajamas, laying them in the bathroom counter and leaving them there so she could change into them after her bath.

She runs her fingers through her hair at the mirror. She looks at herself and told herself that she is a horrible person. She had stood Danny up without even an explanation to him and now she was avoiding him!

She jumps into the tub with the latest Cosmopolitan in her hands. She reaches over and presses play on the stereo. The gentle music of the Corrs plays. She turns to another page and there was an article on 25 Things A Perfect Guy Would Do.

As she lays in the milky bubble bath, all it reminded her of was Danny Messer.

--

--

1. Know how to make you smile when you feel down.

“Hey, how’s it goin’?” Danny asked as he strolled in with a big grin. He was tapping his fingers against the table as he moved closer to her.

Lindsay groaned as she banged her fist against the table and then she exhaled deeply. “Oh, just great! Sam called again.”

He chuckled as he began to go over her files. “You’re still seeing that bore?”

“No,” She tightened her jaw. “Thank God, but he’s still calling me when I told him to piss off. Seven times.”

“Sounds like a stalker, Montana,” Danny chuckled again.

She glared at him. “Oh and my case has no reliable witnesses, no standing evidence or anything! Nada.” She let out a yelp and felt Danny’s arm on her shoulder. Suddenly, she felt strangely hot.

“You’ll find it. You always do, Montana,” He comforted her.

“So what about you, Messer? How’s life for you?” Lindsay asked back, her voice teasing.

He rubbed his palms together and then rubbed his temple. “Finally dumped Cindy.” He said proudly, to no one in particular.

Lindsay gently put her hand on his forearm and smiled sadly. “I’m sorry, Messer.”

He rolled his eyes. “Yeah right.”

She laughed as she leaned back in her chair.

“Well, your case isn’t going anywhere, but you look phenomenal,” He smiled.

So did she. She hit him softly on his arm. “Yeah, where’d you read that from? Your word-of-the-day calendar?”

Initially, Danny looked hurt, but quickly regained himself. “No, I’m sayin’ it for real, Montana.”

She looked at her watch. “I’m off. My shift has just finished.” She turned quickly and grabbed her handbag quickly so he wouldn’t see the ridiculous on her perfect face. The one that wouldn’t go away.

But he did and he chuckled to himself. You’ve got it bad, Messer.

--

--

A/N: Hope you guys enjoyed it and if you did... let me know and if you didn't... LET ME KNOW!! I like reviews... you guys know that. 10 Reviews One Update. It's that simple, baby. I hate it when people read and then--boom! No review. I like to know when I'm appreciated or not. Everyone does. Everyone likes reviews... including me.
    --

--

2. Try to secretly smell your hair, but you always notice.

The victim was the husband of a once-happy woman and he was found dead in a neighborhood “couples’ party” where the whole point of the party was to show off their hell-of-a-catch husbands. After the victim was found, the party continued on with Stella and Mac looking around the room where the victim was found.

This was making her squirm a little. Danny’s arm was around her waist and she was beginning to get a little… nervous?

It was Mac’s idea that they two went into the party to question the perhaps-witnesses and it was also his idea that if a “couple” went as a “couple”, they’d get more answers. Hmmm… Is Mac up to something?

Danny’s arm was relaxed on her waist, yet he managed to pull her so close.

He exhaled a little, breathing in her shampoo and conditioner. Sort of banana-y and a little aloe vera or perhaps, minty. Her blondish brown curls fell to her shoulders like perfection.

She turned around slowly and suspiciously, squinting her eyes. “What did you just do, Danny?” Her voice was playful and teasing.

He guessed that she probably knew very well aware of what he had just did, but he wasn’t about to give her the satisfaction just yet. He tapped a couple by their shoulders and began to question away.

“Hey there,” He nodded towards the young couple. “I’m Danny Messer and this is my girlfriend—” He shot her a look. “Lindsay Monroe. We’ve been together for a year now and well, nice to meet you.”

Lindsay relaxed and smiled. “Nice to meet you too.”

Danny turned to her and kissed her on her forehead was the gentlest of kisses and laughed. He wished it was all true. Him and Montana. His Montana.

Stella came over and whacked him on the back of his skull. “Don’t let it get to your head, Danny.”

--

--

3. Sticks up for you, but still respects your independence.

“Mac! I really don’t that that I can be in this case anymore,” Lindsay sighed. “Can I please pull out of this?”

Danny looked over at his boss and the woman he could eventually love if he ever lets it that far. Wait, he already did. He’s fallen for her so hard now and it took him so long to realize that. God, how slow could a guy get?

He heard Mac sigh through the half opened door.

“I don’t know, Monroe,” Mac said. “I trust you to be professional in a case like this, unless there is something you would want to tell me?”

Lindsay shut the door and through the glass walls, Danny could see the interaction between them: Lindsay was rather reluctant to speak, but eventually said something. She then sat back down, looking a little exasperated and she began to bite her nails and she looked at Mac.

Mac was shaking his head in denial of what he had just been told. He nodded after a while and gave her a kind smile.

“What happened?” Danny heard himself demand, as Lindsay came out and he had pulled her gently towards him.

She didn’t saying anything, it wasn’t time to yet. (A/N: This refers to my other story, Haunting and Beautiful.) She extracted herself politely from his arm and flashed him the same smile he’d never get tired of.

He saw her enter her lab and put on her lab jacket, with “ Montana” written on the sleeve. He had wrote it there awhile ago as a practical joke.

He dumped his files on the side and entered Mac’s office. He wanted to find out what had happened.

“Mac?”

His boss turned to him, sighing. “Yes, Danny?”

“Lindsay’s a professional, you know tha’, Mac?”

Mac nodded thoughtfully. “I do, of course. I do.”

Danny nodded and was about to turn away, when Mac’s voice was projected across the room.

“You really care about her, don’t you? Mac asked with an amused smile. “Well, she’ll be happy to know that you stick up for her, wouldn’t she? But I’ve already pulled her out from this case.”

Danny held back a laugh. "How'ja know that I--"

"That you're in love with her? I know everything." He said, simply.

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Please continue soon!

3. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

Oh, MacsGirlMel you're always sucha sweetheart! Thank you!

Continuing...
    4. Give you the remote control during the game.

“Gimme the remote!” Stella cried, practically arm-wrestling Danny who had by then hid the remote control behind his back.

Flack laughed, sitting between Hawkes and Lindsay.

It was 8:30 on a weekend and they were all at Stella’s apartment. She has invited them there for pizza and beer, which was strange because Mac and Flack had brought over beer, while Lindsay, Danny and Hawkes had paid for the pizza...

Mac shook his head. “And she’s supposed to be a Grade 1 Detective…”

Lindsay chuckled as they all watched in amazement at Danny and Stella fighting for the remote control, while Danny was watching a Met’s game. They couldn’t believe that people they’ve always thought were fairly mature and they were intellectuals for crying out loud!

“No, Stell!” Danny argued as she attempted to snatch the remote from his tight grip.

“It’s my TV!” Stella shouted, loudly.

Lindsay bit into her slice of ham and cheese pizza as she watched them. She was getting a little more impatient.

“Oh for God’s sake, Danny! Just give it to her!” Mac sighed; his voice almost defeated.

“Messer! Just change the damn channel!” Flack shouted, laughing a little.

Hawkes was just shaking his head, while he sipped his beer slowly.

Lindsay was tired of it. She knew the strange power she had over Danny Messer, so she simply tapped his shoulder.

He quickly turned around and smiled. “ Montana?” He said.

“Can I have the remote please?” She asked, knowing that all of her co-workers were all staring at them.

Danny gave it to her with a shrug. “Sure.”

Stella laughed, while Mac, Hawkes and Flack looked at each other and then back at Lindsay and Danny.

Stella turned to Danny and whispered in his in his: “You love Lindsay, sweetie! Isn’t it obvious?”

He hit her playfully then told himself: Damn it, Messer. Stella’s right/

--

--

5. Fit his arms firmly around you. ]

Ever since Lindsay figured out that Mac had been playing here every Wednesday at Cozy’s, she’s been coming here with Danny.

Today, they’ve come a little too late and they come a little too late and they couldn’t get their usual table. Instead, they are stuffed against a corner on a tiny couch.

Lindsay chuckled and stared at him. “So your house is like trashed now?”

Danny had just told her that his ex-girlfriend Cindy came into his houses and yelled at him, then broke his television and threw a vase on the floor… now there are pieces of glass everywhere and the lights—oh God knows what happened to the lights.

He nodded sadly.

Just then, a large couple squashed n beside them and Mc began to play on stage.

“I still can’t believe that—that he played guitar!” Danny exclaimed with a chuckle.

The couple next to them shifted around and Danny fitted his arms around Lindsay’s waist and pulled her closer as if it was the most natural thing in the world and that was because, it was.

Lindsay had crossed her legs and her body was curled against Danny’s.

He smiled as she tightened up a little by the sight of the rude couple next to them, throwing swear words at each other.

“Relax, Montana,” He said, almost whispering it in her ear. He stroked her hair gently. He wanted to tease her about how scared (and adorable) she looked, but she knew that girls didn’t like it when you did that.

He knew what most girls liked. You flirt, tease and compliment them, but Montana was different. She wasn’t gonna be won over by some cheesy lines and he knew better than that anyway and she deserved more he could ever give her and that killed him.
    --
    --

4. MacsGirlMel

LOL I want more soon :) And thanks :)

5. CHILI_PEPPERS

CHILI_PEPPERS Pathologist

Oh wow! love this so far!

6. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

Alright, so I'm a closet Dantana or M&Ms or whatever this ship is called fan. :D It's great to find a fic here!

Your idea is great. And #4 is my fav. Danny's such a mush around Linds. :p

And this...
    ...I really like. :lol:

You've got 20 more things to cover, don't stop now!

7. meandmac

meandmac Rookie

love it please continue asap

8. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

Awww! That was adorable! Please keep going!

9. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

Thanks for the comments and will definitely keep going... once I sort out the chronological order of the events that I've written... :lol: It's a little messy.

10. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

Ginmme some DL! NOW. Please? ^.^ There're no other DL fics here so I'm looking at you and waiting (impatiently, I might say) for you to update. Messy's okay, I dont mind. :D Okok, I'll shut it. For now.

11. kissmesweet

kissmesweet Coroner

Alright... None of these stories are in a chronological order. :( Oh well.

6. Play with your hair.
    He took a few photographs of the corpse, and then turned to her.
    She has been walking around in circles no around the Park. It was autumn and a gently zephyr was blowing against her skirt and her hair. A curl brushed against her skin gently.
    From behind, Lindsay felt Danny slowly touching her hair and left it to fall gently.
    Lindsay pointed at the grass. “Drag marks.” She noted. “Through the path and the orchids.” She pointed around Central Park.
    Danny fingered her curls; his lips were brushing against her hair and for a second, Lindsay felt as if they were the only people in the world.
    “Danny, are you listening to me?” She wanted to know when she made observations and he didn’t reply. They were so close and Lindsay could feel his breath in an equal, fair rhythm. His hand was resting on the small of her back. She never really got to know what would have happened next if Hawkes didn’t shout:
    “Danny! Lindsay! Look what I found!”
    Danny had wanted nothing more than to grab her and simply kiss her in front of the cyclists, runners and the kids playing baseball around them; he would have too if Hawkes wasn’t such an idiot.
    Lindsay smoothed the wrinkle in her skirt and she bit her lip as she looked back at Danny.
    But the moment was gone and he didn’t know if he would ever get it back.
    He wanted to kiss her.
    But neither of them moved. They just looked and stared at one another, expectant for the other person to make a move or say something. Slowly, they ignored Sheldon as Danny pulled her by her arm gently and slowly to the spot behind the giant oak tree. The trunk was big and thick, shielding them from Sheldon’s sight.
    He slowly moved his hands lower and onto her waist. He pulled her closely and the gentle autumn wind blew her hair softly.
    He closed his eyes, as did she. He began to move close to her, while she leaned on the hard trunk of the tree. He was about to kiss her when—
    “Well, well. What have we got here?” Hawkes stepped out from the other side of the tree with a big grin, as Danny and Lindsay regained themselves.
    Strike one, baby. Three and you’re out.
    --
    --
    7. His hands always seem to find yours.
    Awkwardness. Lindsay thought as Mac sat down. They were at Arabella’s with Danny and Stella.
    It was after all, Mac and Stella’s first date and to prove that she would give her mortal support no matter what, Lindsay agreed to chaperone on a table nearby. Danny (oh, sweet Danny) had overheard them and offered to double-date with Lindsay. But before Lindsay had a single say in it, Stella and Danny had already shook on it.
    Double-dating. Chaperoning. What were they in? High school?
    Under the clothed table, Lindsay felt Danny kick her ever so gently on her shin. She giggled softly and kicked him back.
    Danny chuckled.
    She was wearing a black minidress and through her black stockings, she could feel the sleeve of Danny’s jacket.
    The desserts came and Lindsay dug into her sickly large piece of chocolate cake.
    Stella and Mac smiled secretly at each other, making their curious co-workers wonder.
    But before Lindsay could wonder anymore, Danny had entwined her fingers with his own. She felt a breeze and a tingle run up and down her body. She smiled at him. Danny was blushing and a little reddened.
    Hmm… Who would have guessed? A country girl could make Danny Messer, a desirable Casanova embarrassed, blushing and nervous.
    It was funny—this thing about them. She loved it. She loved how things with Danny were always spontaneous, natural, easy and unplanned. Oh, how she wished she would live her live spontaneously.

12. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

Somebody should tape Hawkes to the tree. Keep him from moving or talking. :lol: I love him, but aww, bad timing. Danno didnt get his.

No #7 is high-schoolish. Flirty and fluffy, its cute. :D Dan and Linds are chaperoning Mac and Stella? Hoho!

I'd give you a kiss right now! Thanks for updating, its good! Keep it up. :)

13. MacsGirlMel

aww...I like too :) But yes, somebody get Hawkes for ruining the moment.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Can't wait for the next parts! Good job!

15. CSI_in_training

CSI_in_training CSI Level Two

My thoughts exactly. Awwwwww! That was so cute, I love it. Please keep going.