111 Wussiest Songs Of All Time

Desertwind

Head of the Day Shift
This is funny- :lol: it starts out with Taylor Hicks the American Idol winner this year as #111- "Do I Make You Proud" some in this mix I like-some not-some neutral- what's your take? ;)

CLICK HERE

I have some issues with it...so, to the compilers of the list...

80. 'Friday I'm in Love'

Aw, come on, now. Ditzy, goofy, yeah. Wussy? Not really. Besides, I love me some Cure, so back off... :devil:

74. 'I Want To Know What Love Is'

Wussy my butt! You ever tried to SING this song? Many a karaoke singer has made themselves look ridiculous trying...

50. 'I'm in You'

Okay, I'm right with him on this one. With all the kickass stuff Peter Frampton recorded, either with Humble Pie or solo, he basically plagiarizes himself (the chord progression is identical to "Lines On My Face"), whaps on some sappy lyrics, and...where's "Stone Cold Fever" when you need it?

I do have to say, though, the omissions of "Make Love Stay" by Dan Fogelberg (any ballad with a rhyme like "When precious flesh is greedily consumed" and "And once deceased not easily exhumed"...I mean that just narked me off...) and "Oh Sherrie" by Steve Perry make the list suspect. Kudos for including some of the 60's gems, but after all it was a different world back then...

:eek: I actually like a few of those songs off the list. Some of the ones I enjoy are...

Wonderful Tonight: Eric Clapton
Open Arms: Journey(the cover by Mariah Carey is better)
To Be With You: Mr.Big
Iris: Goo Goo Dolls(my favourite one off the list)
I Just Called To Say I Love You: Stevie Wonder
Bad Day: Daniel Powter
(Everything I Do) I Do It For You: Bryan Adams
How Deep Is Your Love: Bee Gees
I'll Make Love To You: Boyz To Men
Hero: Mariah Carey
I'll Be Missing You: P.Diddy & The Family
More Then Words: Extreme (but I prefer the Frankie J version better)
All Outta Love: Air Supply (I like the Jagged Edge remake more)
Your Body Is A Wonderland: John Mayer
Fix You: Coldplay
You're Beautiful: James Blunt

So I guess this makes me a big wuss/sap at heart. Oh well :lol:.

Agree with most on the list except Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls. One of my favorite songs all time. If that makes me a wuss, somebody give me a marker and I'll write it across my forehead.

I would have to agree with most of those. But Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls is one of my favorite songs so I would definately disagree with that one.

Like some there are several on the that list that I really like here are a few.

110. 'Seasons in the Sun' Terry Jacks
107. 'What Hurts the Most' Rascal Flatts
100. '(I Just) Died in Your Arms Tonight' Cutting Crew
89.'I Honestly Love You' Olivia Newton-John
86. 'Don't Take the Girl' Tim McGraw
83. 'You're the Inspiration' Chicago
79. 'The River' Garth Brooks
74. 'I Want To Know What Love Is' Foreigner
49. 'Hero' Mariah Carey
33. 'My heart will go on' Celine Dion
19. 'Right Here Waiting' Richard Marx
2. 'Sometimes When We Touch' Dan Hill

:D Guess that makes me a wuss as well.

and Dave Matthews is not wimpy!
call me wussy or wimpy for liking him but I disagree that Crash is a wussy song! :mad:

I like about half the songs on that list, ok 42 of them--yes, I counted them up. :lol:

Here's my Top 10 favorites from the list:

99. 'Don't Cry'-Guns N' Roses (1991)
98. 'Against All Odds'-Phil Collins (1984)
88. 'I Knew I Loved You'-Savage Garden (1999)
84. 'Crash'-Dave Matthews Band (1996) [isn't the correct name of the song, 'Crash Into Me'?]
74. 'I Want To Know What Love Is'-Foreigner (1984)
72. 'I'll Make Love To You'-Boyz II Men (1994)
71. 'Iris'-Goo Goo Dolls (1998)
27. 'More Than Words'-Extreme (1991)
23. 'Your Body Is a Wonderland'-John Mayer (2001)[I adore John Mayer!]
12. 'I Want It That Way'-Backstreet Boys (1999)

I'm not sure if I should be embarrassed or just proudly embrace my inner wussiness. :p No...I take that back. I'm a wuss/sap and I'm proud! :lol:

ThumpyG42 you are right about Dave, the name of the Song is Crash into Me the name of the Album is Crash
no wusses there!

Reading the title of this one, I would have assumed that Hair Supply(sic) would have occupied the first 5 spots (because I can't think of 111 songs by that extreme wuss band). I was surprised that they had only the 24th most wussiest song.

I do like some of the songs on the list (and I'm a guy, so that might look bad on me). My fave that is on that list is probably "Just The Way You Are" by Billy Joel, but that is probably because I am a huge Billy Joel fan.

Oh, and before I read the disclaimer at the bottom of #1, I was wondering why there was nothing by Anne Murray on the list. We would try to deport her back to Canada, but unfortuately, Canada would not take her back.

The list looks a lot like the playlist for John Tesh and Delilah's radio shows. I like many of the songs on that list and have seen some of the artists in concerts at one time or another.

The only songs I like on this list were

1. Fix You by ColdPlay
2. Shiny Happy People by REM

Probably because I like the bands..although I have to say..those two songs are my least favourite ones.

For the most part, I totally agree with list. I can't stand 'You're Beautiful' by James Blunt, and John Mayer's "Wonderland". Those songs make me want to gag!!!

I LOVE "I Honestly Love You" by Olivia Newton John-I tear up everytime I hear it- and others too "My Heart Will Go On" By Celine- I also don't think these are Wussie :( not my list- :( so who cares what the ones who compiled this think :lol:BOOO

Back