Grade 'Blacklist'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Sep 30, 2009.

?

How would you grade Blacklist?

1. A+

12 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. A

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  3. A-

9 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. B+

9 vote(s)
    13.0%
  5. B

10 vote(s)
    14.5%
  6. B-

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  7. C+

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  8. C

3 vote(s)
    4.3%
  9. C-

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

I gave it an A-. Good, but not the best. I was a tad confused about the whole thing with Mac's Dad, too, but someone explained that perhaps his request for Mac to help end the situation came after what we saw. Or, perhaps, before, but after that moment of desperation, he came to terms with his coming death? That's beside the point.

I kinda liked how - in a passing comment only, and not a 10 minute monologue - Lindsay mentioned that she was late because the sitter was stuck in traffic. Passing comment. Nice! No dramatic self-pity.

Needed more Adam and Danny. Perhaps a little more Flack? We just need to see the guys! LOL!

Can't wait for what else is coming up this season. I still make it to 11:00 to see the show, even in my old age! LOL!

2. ACW1129

ACW1129 Police Officer

C333, good question.

3. Kreguba

Kreguba Witness

^ I agree. One would think that a doctor would carry something like an epi-pen if he had allergies. Yeah okay, his specialty was cancer, but really. A regular person would be smart enough to carry one, so why doesn't a doctor?

As a viewer, I'm accustomed to allowing a few things slide for the sake of entertainment. But seriously, does TPTB really expect us to believe inconsistencies like this?

4. michmac

michmac Hit and Run

Giving it A-.

Not a really good episode but up there with some of the others. I enjoy watching they showing a personal side of Mac. He is always the serious and the control one. It is good to see some personal side of him.

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

That made no sense to me either. Why change the name from "Featuring Grave Digger" to "Featuring Hangman" when the character was still called Grave Digger? The 'hangman' thing doesn't make sense in the episode at all, unless I missed something... :confused:

Re: The EpiPen thing - logically, someone with that severe of a peanut allergy would have one just in case something went wrong. My only guess is that they skipped such logic in favor of increased drama. :p

6. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

^this. 2nded.

I loved that moment, it was so low key, ending on a cut and having the sound dropped on it. I made sure to check out Danny while Adam was holding his hand way out of reach and it tickled me to see him win a laugh from Danno. Adam always squeezes a grin out of him, even when he's being his typically touchy self about things.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  7. Nat_attack

Nat_attack Rookie

I thought the killer sounded like The Joker, did anyone else think this? :wtf:

Overall, I thought this was a good episode, only because it freaked me out. I don't know why, it seems that under-the-wire killers combined with medical stuff freaks me out more then blood and guts. :lol:

Loved Flack to pieces, I missed the snark so ***ing much, I felt it was waning last season.

I don't really know what else to say, but so far I feel this season is looking to be an improvement from last, which I abhorred. I'm not going to cash in just yet though, just being slightly optimistic. :eek:

Overall, I give it a B+.

8. rockyshadow

rockyshadow Hit and Run

I loved the Lindsay/Hawkes and Stella/Lindsay scenes. The Danny/Adam scene didn't seen awkward to me. Flack still seems very off. I was very distracted by Gail O'Grady and Gary Sinise being so close in age in reality so it took me out of the scene for a moment.

I like how the season is going for the main characters, but I still haven't gotten invested in the cases presented so far, I hope that changes with 6.3.

9. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

having watched again, they are definitely both smiling so i think this may be right - i actually remember being torn at the time as to whether it was (a) insensitive or (b) adam trying to... not make light of the situation, but just try to make it as normal as possible by joking around with danny as they've always done. it's quite strange in a way because adam's often been ubernervous around the others if something bad has happened to them but in this case it's almost like he's the only one that's not walking on danny shaped eggshells!

agreed, i suspect that the moment mac told hawkes about was just that - a moment where desperation set in, and i'm sure it occurs to just about everyone in that situation. having that moment, and even articulating it, doesn't stop someone being dignified in that case, i don't think.

10. Zipster

Zipster Witness

I enjoyed this episode, but I didn't think it was A+ material.

I graded it B+.

Great story, even if technologically I found it a bit cringe-able. If it's that easy to just take oevr cars, telephones, cameras etc.. then everyone would be doing it... Wouldn't (insert name of villian boss from big Media corporation) be doing this too??

Meh..

Good acting from all concerned. I especially liked the crook who stole the GPS. "Ack-con-im" classic!

So yeah, an okay episode. Looking forward to more!

Z

11. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ oh, i dunno, rupert murdoch is having a pretty good stab at it!

12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

The CSI shows always tend to take something that is technically possible in some capacity - and blow it way out of proportion. :p

BTW, CBS finally posted the full episode on CBS.com - they call it "Blacklist (Featuring Gravedigger)". Maybe the person writing the press releases should have gotten the memo about the episode name, methinks.

13. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

^ yep, that is something they're very good at doing! i don't mind it though, if everything in a tv show was hyper realistic, it'd get a bit dull/be a documentary...

14. PepeBee

PepeBee Rookie

I have to admit: my fangirlishness got the better of me while watching. Especially for a fan of Flack and that swanky start with him and his sunnies. :shifty:

But after that, I did get a bit bored and figured it all out in the beginning. It was obviously about a cyber creep who terrorized their victims due to their sheer skill set of using the Webz.

I did like the young Mac sequence especially by the end of the episode. For me, it was really moving how they showed Mac's relationship with his father and his drive to become part of the NYPD.

15. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

You just *had* to inject a heaping dollop of Mactimony into what was promising to be one of your better episodes, didn't you, CSI:NY? Until Mac's closing speech, which I'm sure was designed to reinforce--for the billionth time his blinding awesomeness and utter moral rectitude--I thoroughly enjoyed the episode.. It was tight, well-plotted, and interesting. Then, Mac, as the mouthpiece of the writers, took the complex issue of U.S. healthcare and reduced it to a smug, glib, privileged, pithy soundbyte.

No, Victor Benton didn't have the right to kill his victims because the system for which they worked denied him care, and yes, he should be held fully accountable, but if the issue were easily solved by "writing your Congressman" as Mac so snidely suggested, it would no longer be an issue, because folks have been protesting the inadequacies and gross inequalities inherent in the insurance-driven system for a long time. Further, even if Benton had written his congressman, the wheels of legislative change grind more slowly than those of justice, and Benton would be dead before anything changed. So, Benton took drastic action. I can't say he did it for a noble reason because he was far gone by then and admitted it was done for revenge and publicity, but I certainly understand his anger and desire for retribution. As someone dependent on the largesse of Uncle Sam for my quality of life and access to crucial medical equipment, I understand the helplessness of having your life in someone else's hands.

I would also like to point out that the oh-so-touching conversation between Mac and his father and his declaration that his father met death with dignity flies directly in the face of what Mac told Hawkes in "And Here's to You, Mrs. Azrael", when he admitted that his father had asked Mac to help him die. Now, either that conversation happened later, even though the scene strongly implied it to be their final conversation, or the writers conveniently retconned that fact when it no longer suited their angsty purposes. Does no one track their own established canon?

I was pleased to see the continuity with Flack, who is clearly Not Okay despite his assurances to the contrary. Bless him, but the crash is going to be horrendous.

Dear Danny,

Thank you for putting on a clean shirt. Now wash and comb your hair.

La Guera

A solid episode weighed down by unnecessary Mactimony. B-